• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

If Ash stays? Yes, because some people (not everyone but some) have been very smug and frankly rude in their certainty that Ash is leaving.
At the end of the day I think that he will still come back regardless of how little it makes sense because being a Pokémon Master has to do more then just battles and if we can have a series that didn’t have as many battles that usually happens in SM then surely they will come up with other ways to use regardless of whether others like it or not. Plus I have been redeeming myself in my predictions lately so I would like to this streak going :p

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Rune Knight

Kanto or Hisui?

Since I'd rather him just get one hisuian variation in the form of Zoroark I decided on him just getting the Kantonian Arcanine, and since it's also up in terns of popularity. Also since Tyranitar would already be his rock-type and I am personally not a fan of repetitive typings, but that's just my personal peeve.

I was also thinking that he could have a rival with a Hisuian Arcanine which would compete against his own.

Last edited:

World Turtle

Why not both?

Edit: Kidding aside, I’d say Hisui. Kanto Arcanine is one of Gary’s signature Pokemon.
Yeah I’d pick Hisui too.

Frankly as started before I am tired of Ash only getting five captures each series since XY and would love to see him go on a catching spree. I want him to at least have one of every type which would mean anywhere from 9 to 17 depending on how many dual types and if they want to give him something to represent each type regardless of type overlap. Though only if the multiple regional team format continues. In which case I’d be okay with seven Gen 9 Pokémon.

At most and this is only if Ash is leaving. Since we’re likely hitting a 1000 Pokémon or at least 999 if they want to save that milestone for Gen 10 I kind of want to see Ash reach 100 Pokémon which depending on how you count Ash’s Pokémon such as counting all the Tauros it literally is just 17 away, but if you exclude them. Well Ash has or had over 50 Pokémon so like somewhere between 40-50.

I know that’s a lot, but Keep in mind Goh has got over 100. While I don’t see Ash catching everything that moves I’m genuinely curious what they’d pick for him if they could cut lose even if only a little. Like there was probably a number of stuff they wanted to give him but couldn’t work them in or didn’t make the cut.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
If the next series follows a similar route of having Ash obtain a team consisting of past and new generation pokémon which ones would you like him to catch this time around that is if Ash does continue as the main character?

Here are my personal picks of what his team could consist of:

Pikachu
Arcanine,
mainly since he didn't get a fire-type in the current series.
Dunsparce, but only if it does end up getting a new evolution.
Tyranitar, preferably the very same Larvitar that he cared for in Johto.
Hisuian Zoroark, since LA will continue to be on store shelves for a long time.
A Gen 9 Pokémon, preferably one that has a type that differs from the rest of his team.
Mine:

Kanto: Kangaskhan( the one that took care of Pikachu when he a pichu) Wartortle ( Bulba not ever going to evolve so why not)
Johto: Tyranitar (The one that Ash took care off), Meganium (Bayleef evolve), Typhlosion (Quilava evolve), Croconaw (Totodile evolve)
Hoenn: Crawdaunt (Ash Corphish finally evolve), Blaziken or Swampert (Either 1 is ok, both would be good)
Sinnoh: Gabite/Garchomp (Ash Gible finally evolve), Empoleon
Unova: Zoura/Zoroak (normal or Hisuian would be ok), Gigalith (Ash Boldore finally evolve , offscreen trade with Goh?) Seismitoad (Palpitoad finally evolve), Servine/Serperior (Snivy finally evolves), Emboar (Pignite evolve) and Dewott/Samurott (Oshawott evolve, normal or Hisuian also ok for me) Bravivary( Normal or Hisuian also can)
Kalos: Gogoat? Tyrunt/Tyrantrum
Alola: Dartrix (Rowlet evolve), Alolan Sandslash, Kommo-o
Galar: Corviknight, Obstagoon,Dragapult
SV: Lechonk (Would love to see it fighting Ash for food) Sprigatito

World Turtle

I think the world tour format and Goh staying around depends if they want to continue promoting all the games (Pokémon Go, Masters EX, core series) and not just the current generation.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
As for Nozawa still doing Goku, I think I read somewhere Toei considered a new VA for his adult version but since Nozawa was popular with fans, they kept her and the rest is story.

Just going by what I read in a place I don't quite remember years ago. Haven't checked though. Maybe a super DBZ fan can clarify?
To Rica, Ash is probably her greatest achievement, just like Jason Frank whose greatest achievement is being the Power Ranger.
Please, for all that's good in this world, just don't mix a good talent like Rika with an attention-seeker like JDF.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Please, for all that's good in this world, just don't mix a good talent like Rika with an attention-seeker like JDF.
Well despite all of it. You can't deny the fact that without Power Rangers, JDF would still be a no-bodies. Anyway let move on then

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Even if Ash loses the PWC, this would still be a step up for him. He would basically be fighting on equal footing with some of the strongest trainers in the franchise and it would be hard for them to ignore that.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
Said this before but I’ll say it again - reboot it, cowards. Go whole-hog with it and have Ash and Pikachu’s first meeting again if you wanna keep them. The works.

World Turtle

Said this before but I’ll say it again - reboot it, cowards. Go whole-hog with it and have Ash and Pikachu’s first meeting again. The works.
I think to do that they’d have to reboot the whole franchise. Games included.

Maybe save that sort of thing for a major anniversary point like the 30th anniversary if it comes out in 2026.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
I think to do that they’d have to reboot the whole franchise. Games included.

Maybe save that sort of thing for a major anniversary point like the 30th anniversary if it comes out in 2026.
Oh I agree. My post was mostly in jest lol.

I can’t see Ash going anywhere. Will the writing to keep him be contrived as hell assuming he’s not some sort of mentor character or if he’s on a Gym quest? Absolutely.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Said this before but I’ll say it again - reboot it, cowards. Go whole-hog with it and have Ash and Pikachu’s first meeting again if you wanna keep them. The works.
That might be the best way to continue forward if they want to keep Ash around as the main character. It would at least be better than what BW did because it won't be canon to the past seasons.

LeNewbiee

And? From there, how would they move forward? They'll travel kanto, johto, hoenn, sinnoh, kalos, and so on, in that specific order again? Will they give him new companions or not? That's something that's easy to say but hard to execute.

I'd rather have him in a coma and remove all his past memories and battling skills and start from there lol.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
And? From there, how would they move forward? They'll travel kanto, johto, hoenn, sinnoh, kalos, and so on, in that specific order again? Will they give him new companions or not? That's something that's easy to say but hard to execute.

I'd rather have him in a coma and remove all his past memories and battling skills and start from there lol.
Re-read the following posts. That post was mostly intended as a joke.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
Mostly. Because there are people who said the same thing but not as a joke.
I mean…sure. In all seriousness whether they reboot either Ash or the anime as a whole I’m kind of struggling to think of a means of proceeding if they do intend on keeping Ash specifically as the main character and not a supporting one. If they transition him into a mentor role/supporting character or recurring character that’s an entirely different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.