• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeNewbiee

I mean…sure. In all seriousness whether they reboot either Ash or the anime as a whole I’m kind of struggling to think of a means of proceeding if they do intend on keeping Ash specifically as the main character and not a supporting one. If they transition him into a mentor role/supporting character or recurring character that’s an entirely different story.
Yeah, JN seems like a conclusion to Ash's entire journey already. But when he won the Alola league before we also kinda wondered what's next for him, then we got this. So who knows? Maybe something to do with past and future stuff since that's the theme of SV? Or intergalactic championship series where he battle the world champions from different planets lol.

UnovaMaster

I suspect Brock and Misty were around as a full circle contingency in Alola for if the writers had to end Ash's time on the show there

Team Rocket similarly also felt like a huge punishment from Giovanni was coming their way, which the writing skirted around for JN003 (very suspiciously because it really did feel like there would be consequences for choosing Bewear over their mission)

But corporate approved one bonus bucket list saga as long as it brought Goh aboard, everything is explained if it's true the original plan was to drop TRio at the end of Alola, that's why it's been awkward because TR was ready to choose the good life back there

Rune Knight

Journeys introduced a number of figures and locations from past generations that we did not get to see during their respective series. Here are just a few examples, and pardon me as I don't really remember or going to name all of them:

Gen I - The Seafoam Islands
Gen III - The Proper Battle Frontier (As in its actual Location)
Gen V - The Desert Region
Gen VI - Wikstrom and Drasna

If the next series does follow a similar route, what past elements would you like to see finally introduced? Here are just a few of my ideas:

Gen I - Cerulean Cave
Gen II - Janine
Gen III - Wally
Gen IV - Porygon-Z (And the rest of its line, but I wanted to have Janine for Gen II)
Gen V - Relic Castle
Gen VI - AZ
Gen VII - Rainbow Rocket

I'm not including Gen VIII since there is still a chance that we might see some stuff, but I don't expect them to show everything at this point and I am personally okay with that.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
I kind of want them to give us *something* by then if only so the whole “is Ash leaving or staying” argument can be put to rest.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I want a main poke girl again, its been so long :/
(NOT just a character that appears in multiple episodes and is a girl)
I want some1 with a STRONG personality like Iris or Misty

Speed22

Yet, what can that new step from becoming a Pokémon Master be?
A grumpy, sleep deprived, school teacher?
Being betrayed by his friends and then isolating himself in Mt. Moon, changing his name to Red.
Ah yes, the Pixiv Red origin story; complete with surgery to remove the lightning cheek marks from his face, an edgy haircut and red contact lenses.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
How about just meeting and catching new Pokemon? In my opinion he should have done more of that in Journeys if this might be the zenith of his battling challenge. And also take out all the irrelevant episodes.
That would just be like what Gou is doing right now.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Plus let's be honest he really can't do anything else after this? PWC was supposed the pinnacle of battling, then they should have Ash's quest more interesting to watch, they should have gone all out. This includes having Ash showing off more Pokemon than he was allowed to have, no more of those 1v1 or 2v2 battles, and actual onscreen development for his Pokemon.

Side note: This season made me sick of the Dragon, Fighting, and Electric types.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Plus let's be honest he really can't do anything else after this? PWC was supposed the pinnacle of battling, then they should have Ash's quest more interesting to watch, they should have gone all out. This includes having Ash showing off more Pokemon than he was allowed to have, no more of those 1v1 or 2v2 battles, and actual onscreen development for his Pokemon.

Side note: This season made me sick of the Dragon, Fighting, and Electric types.
Join the club

World Turtle

One one hand I agree. On the other hand I would not complain if Ash got Dreepy and Passimian.
Except Ash's pokemon would actually matter and be put to good use.
The only question is how many to give him? I wouldn’t want Ash to catch everything that moves. Though with Gen 9 coming up we’ll very likely be hitting a 1000 Pokémon it’s tempting to see him get up to 100 (counting what he already has* and however many he needs)

*though factoring in the Tauros herd the number would be much less (and depending on how you count: 17 so one for each type aside from Electric which goes to Pikachu). Not counting them and the number is like over 40.

Like that Heisei era special has really confused me: do we really have to count Raticate, Seaking, and Beedrill? Ash never even said a word to them.

As for Aipom who is now Dawn’s Ambipom and traded her spot on the team to Buizel. I’d count her in spirit, but officially idk…

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
One one hand I agree. On the other hand I would not complain if Ash got Dreepy and Passimian.

The only question is how many to give him? I wouldn’t want Ash to catch everything that moves. Though with Gen 9 coming up we’ll very likely be hitting a 1000 Pokémon it’s tempting to see him get up to 100 (counting what he already has* and however many he needs)

*though factoring in the Tauros herd the number would be much less (and depending on how you count: 17 so one for each type aside from Electric which goes to Pikachu). Not counting them and the number is like over 40.

Like that Heisei era special has really confused me: do we really have to count Raticate, Seaking, and Beedrill? Ash never even said a word to them.

As for Aipom who is now Dawn’s Ambipom and traded her spot on the team to Buizel. I’d count her in spirit, but officially idk…
Do agree there. Especially with how the times a Dreepy appeared in front of Ash, they took a liking to him.

Agreed with Ash not catching everything under the sun. For new Pokemon keep it between 3-5. Preferably different types, but that might not be as important anymore at this point, due to apathy

There's also 3 Pokemon that should have made returns early in the season: Quilava, Oshawott, and Rowlet, in relation the Hisuian starters.

I even have scenarios in which Oshawott and Rowlet can evolve into their second stages, and which all three can be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.