• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

solrocknroll

S-Class Indigo League Fan
I actually like the idea of Ash backsliding from one era to the next to showcase that you can’t always be the absolute number one, nor can you always win, but Unova didn’t make really anything of it besides like a brief nod that Ash was disappointed in his placement. Making it a legitimate loss at Top 8 against Virgil would have been a lot different.

Gingertail24

Maybe he will lose PWC this year then compete on the next (with new people on masters 8 next series) ?

It took him many attempts to win regional, I don't see why it wouldn't be the same for PWC.

Being in the top eight strongest in the world is already an improvement for Ash. Also, dunno why others don't want PWC arc in the next series going forward. I like the idea.
The issue is how does the pwc again develop his character. You can see his character is a bit stagnant considering they tried the whole depression arc thing and failed at that.

It's not just about what can ash do for the next region, but how can we develop and explore his character further.

Rune Knight

Maybe his next competitive feat could revolve around maintaining his Monarch title through matches and rematches against new and past opponents respectively, including the ones that he has lost to before. While the main story itself could focus on something entirely different.

I was also thinking of something like an illegal or "underground" league headed by an evil organization and the general public doesn't know about, and that his main objective would involve taking it down by defeating the people there.

What would make the underground league illegal would involve the use of illegal moves or enhancements that trainers would force upon their Pokémon to win battles. A nod to real world trading and cheating in a sense. And maybe the trainers there could also own a bunch of shinies.

I would like the next series to focus on more mature aspects, but this might arguably be a little too dark for a kid's show.

Last edited:

LeNewbiee

Maybe his next competitive feat could revolve around maintaining his Monarch title through matches and rematches against new and past opponents respectively, including the ones that he has lost to before. While the main story itself could focus on something entirely different.

I was also thinking of something like an illegal or "underground" league headed by an evil organization and the general public doesn't know about, and that his main objective would involve taking it down by defeating the people there.

What would make the underground league illegal would involve the use of illegal moves or enhancements that trainers would force upon their Pokémon to win battles. A nod to real world trading and cheating in a sense. And maybe the trainers there could also own a bunch of shinies.

I would like the next series to focus on more mature aspects, but this might arguably be a little too dark for a kid's show.
Too dark, but I love the illegal trainers idea. I thought of a similar one where the SV regional champion is some sort of an evil dude from an organization and cheating his way to victories... or they could introduce someone that is on the same caliber as Leon but wants to win PWC for evil sake.

Rune Knight

Too dark, but I love the illegal trainers idea. I thought of a similar one where the SV regional champion is some sort of an evil dude from an organization and cheating his way to victories... or they could introduce someone that is on the same caliber as Leon but wants to win PWC for evil sake.

Yeah, the idea sort of derived from the Colosseum/XD games. Enhanced pokémon could be like shadow pokémon which I think we saw in the fourth movie, and it was really cool. I would love a play on such notions.

SatoSereFan224888

TBF there has been a gradual sense of progress in Ash's goal.

Top 16, Top 8, Top 8, Top 4, Top 8 (a hiccup but every journey has those), Top 2, Champion, from there he's gone up from the regionals to the nationals with the PWC.

If he beats Leon he becomes the World Champion.

"What next?" is a very good question.

Finally becoming a Pokemon Master would be the next logical step for Ash, but would the writers actually do it? I'm not going to say no, but I won't say yes either because it would supposedly mean the end of Ash's journey and is that a line that they'd be willing to cross?
Honestly Ash should play no role in the SV regardless of how he does in the Masters 8. The anime really needs new protagonists. Time for some new blood for fresh ideas.

MaMcMu

If the time travel theory is confirmed for SV, then is should mostly be about the future as well. As we've seen from previous time travel moments from the anime, they were all about the past.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If the time travel theory is confirmed for SV, then is should mostly be about the future as well. As we've seen from previous time travel moments from the anime, they were all about the past.
I think that the time travel theory is false because it would require that the devs make three different versions of every location in the game (a past version, a present version, and a future version). It would be like having three regions in a single game.

MaMcMu

What about the return on Contests, let alone the underrated Pokéathlon? Only I think it's time that a male companion gets to compete with Sprigatito (although Kirlia can be his partner). His name will be Caden, an orphan with a passion to perform. He has a fear of Ghost type and has some "Butt Monkey" moments like Clemont, mostly about his obsession with cake and what they do to his waistline.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
I think that the time travel theory is false because it would require that the devs make three different versions of every location in the game (a past version, a present version, and a future version). It would be like having three regions in a single game.
I can't believe we are getting Pokemon CD

DuskAstral

Looking at the fact that criminal organizations are becoming less and less dangerous, I expect the new organization will just be funny.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Depends on a few factors:

1) the story of S/V and gimmick
Will we have ANOTHER gen where Ash will receive a gimmick? Does the story fit the anime? Or will the anime doing its own adaptation of the story?

2) The outcome of the PWC
Will Ash win the PWC? Can he still catch level 5 Pokémon at this point in a new region? How will his goal as Pokémon Master progress?

3) How other anime are doing
Why do you think Sun and Moon was so comedic? Because one of their concurrents Yo-kai-Watch was a big hit for Pokemons target audience. So maybe they will do it again depending on other anime?

DuskAstral

My choice: Retire Ash as a main character,
This is the least likely scenario.

1) Until Satoshi does not fulfill his dream, it is not possible to lose his MC status.
And it's already known that winning the PWC doesn't make him a Pokémon Master.

SV anime focuses on Ash's son/daughter.
Satoshi is not interested in romantic love, and you give him children?

Anyway, a series with Satoshi's son / daughter would be terrible.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon

MaMcMu

Be that as it may, a Scarlet Violet anime needs to stop being so dependent on nostalgia. That's the problem with Journeys, they kept focusing on bringing back old formats, but I think they're just glorifying the nostalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.