• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ride Pokemon are typically used but are never a main focus. I doubt Ko/Miraidon will be part of the main cast outside of an arc.

thing is most of the ride pokemon in Alola were functionally used in the same manner as HM's which is a concept the anime never really toyed with that much anyway outside of the OI where it was obvious the only reason Ash got Lapras was to surf around them, and with the exception of Stoutland who was more of a treasure hunter than an HM.

Considering how big this new region is and how these "bike" dragons work, i don't think it'd be too far gone to see Ash or Goh, possibly both if Goh doesn't leave each use one to travel around.

I do not agree with that.
Both Gou and Koharu are exclusive characters so they don't have to disappear.

Well ask yourself this, do we keep chloe or get another character who's focused on Eevee's? what is the lesser evil here?

Rune Knight

This is probably not a popular opinion but I personally want Goh to stick around! If Chloe is part of the package then that is fine too. My big question is whether Goh would continue to have the Gen VIII starters in his party; more importantly, would Cinderace continue being, well... his ace.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I do not agree with that.
Both Gou and Koharu are exclusive characters so they don't have to disappear.
They’re companions. They’re not meant to last for more than one series. Brock was essentially the sole exception for whatever reason.

It’s extremely naive to believe that just because Go and Chloe are anime-exclusive, means that they can continue to stay.

That’s not how it works.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Cetitan is so ugly. I said it.
BLASPHEMY.

May Giratina drag you down to his shadowy domain. Okay, maybe not. But seriously I love that white whale, though if it's the weird jaw structure that you are referring to when you say Cetitan is ugly then I can kind of see what you mean, like, that just doesn't seem natural.

Also, has anybody noticed that Cetitan has a similar body shape to a certain all-devouring Ultra Beast?

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Prediction based on the new SV trailer:

If Ash stays

Ash ( Automatically invited to Paldea region and chosen by Clavell for the special assignment due to Clavell and one of the professor saw Ash performance in PWC while trying to use him for their plot)

Penny ( one of 2 route/campaign, eventually learned to be more confident about itself after Ash mentorship , would love to see Satosere having a meltdown here by saying Ash should focus on the treasure hunt and shouldn't be mentoring/helping Penny)

Arven ( Brock/Cilan role, selected one of 2 remaining campaign/route)

Nemona ( Misty/Dawn/May/Iris role, battling gyms leader and was selected after impressing the champion)

And it is me or Clavell, the school director looks like the villain? Granted we might have more info about the local evil team once the month move nearer to the game release but he gave out the vibe of using the "special assignment" as an excuse to look for someone who passed all of the campaign and make sure that person ( Ash since this is about the SV anime) is grateful to him being selected while plotting secretly trying alter the past/ destroy or mold the future under his vision ( sound familliar?)

diesglamouris

This is probably not a popular opinion but I personally want Goh to stick around! If Chloe is part of the package then that is fine too. My big question is whether Goh would continue to have the Gen VIII starters in his party; more importantly, would Cinderace continue being, well... his ace.
I wouldn't mind if he is the next CM. Certainly this treasure hunting thing fits Go's attitude. As Cinderace is his first Pokémon, I doubt he'll travel without him, but surely he'll catch the three Gen IX starters and they'll get their screen share.

Koharu could be transferred to some of these high schools and meet Regina and Noa/Penny there.

ShadowForce720

They’re companions. They’re not meant to last for more than one series. Brock was essentially the sole exception for whatever reason.

It’s extremely naive to believe that just because Go and Chloe are anime-exclusive, means that they can continue to stay.

That’s not how it works.
There meant to last for however long the people in charge of the anime wants them to last. If they decide that they want Chloe and Goh to stick around then they will regardless of how people feel about them.

It’s extremely naive to think that they are guaranteed to leave or stay.

Sure it’s possible they could leave at the end of gen 8, but it’s also possible they could stay.

It wouldn’t really be that hard to carry them over along with a lot of other aspects of the current anime.

Just because Brock so far has been the only companion to last more then one series doesn’t mean it will always stay that way.

If you look at each series they change more and more and things once considered concrete things that would never change have in recent series change.

It’s one thing to speculate but no one can really say for sure what the anime will do for gen 9, so we will have to just wait and see.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
At this point Goh and Chloe’s goals are so expandable and they’re both students and I really wouldn’t really give a hard no about them returning no wether the execution is great, we’ll find out

Although only Brock really has had the privilege of going into multiple generation

Rune Knight

Goh and Chloe getting accepted into the S/V schools would make for a nice way to tie in the two series; and I could see Ash coming in every now and then as like a motivational speaker for all of the students.

Gingertail24

There meant to last for however long the people in charge of the anime wants them to last. If they decide that they want Chloe and Goh to stick around then they will regardless of how people feel about them.

It’s extremely naive to think that they are guaranteed to leave or stay.

Sure it’s possible they could leave at the end of gen 8, but it’s also possible they could stay.

It wouldn’t really be that hard to carry them over along with a lot of other aspects of the current anime.

Just because Brock so far has been the only companion to last more then one series doesn’t mean it will always stay that way.

If you look at each series they change more and more and things once considered concrete things that would never change have in recent series change.

It’s one thing to speculate but no one can really say for sure what the anime will do for gen 9, so we will have to just wait and see.
I understand your point. But I'm hoping for new characters (minus ash because I'm 99% he ain't leaving)

Last edited:
In other words: I want to do a serious take: If tomiyasu can do SM but can't do JN with a incompetent writing and bad pacing let alone making Masters 8 good.

I know that's not an good opinion but more of a bad take.

Rune Knight

Also since the Rotom phone is back, ithat could be further evidence that elements of Journeys will carry over to the next series.

Not saying that this is for certain!

Edit: But I also just realized that it might not be the same Rotom phone since it has a second camera.

Red and Blue

Also since the Rotom phone is back, ithat could be further evidence that elements of Journeys will carry over to the next series.

Not saying that this is for certain!

Edit: But I also just realized that it might not be the same Rotom phone since it has a second camera.
The phones are probably different but Sakuragi could upgrade them while keeping the same Rotoms

Master Pikachu 11

If they stick to just Paldea all his captures will probably be Gen 9(with maybe one or two starters again). If they continue the Journeys format he'll have a bunch of options

Right now Cetitan is a Pokemon I would love seeing on Ash's team
I wouldn’t mind if he caught that either I think it would would cool on his team. I also wouldn’t mind if they gave him Fidough as it would be his first pure fairy type, which I have been waiting for him to catch a fairy type Pokémon, I think it would be a good choice.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Just don't give him starters at this point. He doesn't need them. He would easily build a team in Paldea without a starter and it would work fine

Status
Not open for further replies.