• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatoSereFan224888

Tho we don't even know if Ash even is going to do that Champion rank thing. For all we know he is back at school studying or teaching. Tho do you see Ash studying for real? o_O
Honestly I think Ash would become a teacher rather than being a student.

DuskAstral

For all we know he is back at school studying or teaching. Tho do you see Ash studying for real? o_O
We don't know that. There was no information anywhere that Satoshi in the new series becomes a student / teacher of this school (by the way, I think that Satoshi is not suitable for a teacher).

Eevee903

You are awesome!
We don't know that. There was no information anywhere that Satoshi in the new series becomes a student / teacher of this school (by the way, I think that Satoshi is not suitable for a teacher).
Why not? He taught Gou and Chloe and the Aloloan fans just fine. Sure his ways of teaching are strange, but it isnt impossible.

Honestly I think Ash would become a teacher rather than being a student.
That would make sense. Teacher Ash lol. I don't see him going to school again like in Alola.

SatoSereFan224888

Actually I think Ash would make a pretty good teacher. I’d rather see him be a teacher in SV than a student.
That would make sense. Teacher Ash lol. I don't see him going to school again like in Alola.
Me too.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I just hope they don't go THAT route in Scarlet and Violet,aka rebooting,cause after the PWC that would be jarring.
Rebooting would be horrible:/
I would rather they switch protagonist than doing that...

DuskAstral

Why not? He taught Gou and Chloe and the Aloloan fans just fine. Sure his ways of teaching are strange, but it isnt impossible.
Because a teacher should lecture in such a way that his students will understand it immediately, not after a long time.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Kiawe was also Satoshi's rival, but this did not prevent him from being his companion.
I'm specifically talking about game rivals. They've never been Ash's companions, because it would be boring if a companion had the same goal as Ash.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash has been a mentor figure, albeit in varying quality, ever since AG. It’s just that Goh, May and Dawn didn’t attempt the gym challenge while Sawyer wasn’t in the main cast. So him being a mentor really isn’t as new as some people think it is.

When people suggest this, they want it to happen in full, like Brock and Misty were for him in earlier gens and from start to finish with this person actually traveling with Ash for the entire series.

As you say, Goh, May and Dawn went their own ways, and Sawyer didn't travel with Ash full time either, and in his case he didn't exactly follow Ash in the end either since he still tried to fight Ash with an analytic style of combat over Ash's passion when their decisive battle came.

Maybe it's not completely new, but then again neither is Ash "going back to basics" which I see some people wanting him to do next series, like his time in the PWC doesn't matter and he should go back to raising nothing but newbies from the ground up, which he started doing back in hoenn and went 5 regions in a row doing that, and sure he raised a new team in journey's but 3 of them were pretty much ready to go by being fully evolved, so the other 2 didn't have much obstructing them to catch up.

it's kind of hard to see them regress on this when Ash will come out of the PWC as one of the world's strongest trainers even if he falls short of beating leon.

I'm not saying he can't capture said pokemon at all, but not an entire team of them. Hopefully they'll continue the journey's path of how his next team is handled with most being powerhouses ready to go, and only a couple who need to be raised from the ground up.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Ash has been a mentor figure, albeit in varying quality, ever since AG. It’s just that Goh, May and Dawn didn’t attempt the gym challenge while Sawyer wasn’t in the main cast. So him being a mentor really isn’t as new as some people think it is.
Yeah, it would be an interesting twist. Maybe he studied Pokémon like Paul did to become a Gym Leader in Journeys.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
When people suggest this, they want it to happen in full, like Brock and Misty were for him in earlier gens and from start to finish with this person actually traveling with Ash for the entire series.

As you say, Goh, May and Dawn went their own ways, and Sawyer didn't travel with Ash full time either, and in his case he didn't exactly follow Ash in the end either since he still tried to fight Ash with an analytic style of combat over Ash's passion when their decisive battle came.

Maybe it's not completely new, but then again neither is Ash "going back to basics" which I see some people wanting him to do next series, like his time in the PWC doesn't matter and he should go back to raising nothing but newbies from the ground up, which he started doing back in hoenn and went 5 regions in a row doing that, and sure he raised a new team in journey's but 3 of them were pretty much ready to go by being fully evolved, so the other 2 didn't have much obstructing them to catch up.

it's kind of hard to see them regress on this when Ash will come out of the PWC as one of the world's strongest trainers even if he falls short of beating leon.

I'm not saying he can't capture said pokemon at all, but not an entire team of them. Hopefully they'll continue the journey's path of how his next team is handled with most being powerhouses ready to go, and only a couple who need to be raised from the ground up.
The thing is, how should Ash be a “full time” mentor without stealing the show?

You bring up Brock and Misty as examples, but neither did much besides stating the obvious to the absolute imbecile that Ash was in OS. I think it’s generally hard to be a mentor figure in Pokémon as the trainers have to give instructions to the main battlers, the Pokémon, so this doesn’t leave that much room for mentoring.

At the end of the day, mentoring in anime basically means that the writers want to pass on the torch from one MC to another but are afraid to write the previous MC off altogether. So the two protagonists have either different goals (not possible here as both want to battle) or face different opponents (eg. Boruto and Naruto). The only way this whole set-up could work is the second path, by saying that the new deutargonist is attempting the Palea Gym Challenge whereas Ash is in the region to investigate the new phenomenon while also still doing the PWC battles. However, the anime staff probably can’t handle that many battles in a single series, so I doubt that the end result would be an enjoyable series.

tsunamimijumaru

While I wouldn't mind them going the journeys route with Ash's next team, I hope they give him some more pokemon that represent the current generation. Having only Sirfetch'd and Dracovish as Galar reps has been kinda lackluster in my opinion. If anything they could do a combination where Ash only catches new mons but some of them are fully evolved already so he's not raising a whole team from the ground up?

It was cool to see Ash catch some older mons but I feel like some of the Galar mons were big missed opportunities like Corviknight, Grimmsnarl and Dragapult.

Master Pikachu 11

Honestly badges and normal leagues feel out of the question at this point. While that Champions ranking thingy would so cool, after the PWC, it feels like a step down for Ashes goal to become a Pokémon Master. Honestly I have no clue what his next step will be to become a Pokémon Master, but it needs meaning and develop Ash in a way.
I feel it is time for Ashes personal development instead of goal development.
There are three ways to get to the ending in SV so I am waiting to see what the other two paths are. I wouldn’t be shocked if Pokémon Master will have to do with the Pokémon themselves. I want to see him use rotation, if he returns, and work with and interact with different kinds of Pokémon. Yes he is good at battles when his Pokémon are fast, but could he win a battle with any Pokémon that is slow for example. It would be a good challenge to see.

If we get teacher Ash then we can’t have him act the same way he did in SM and JN because that was way too childish

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I think AG Ash is the most consistent for that.
Yeah. I mean it is certainly not impossible and it "sounds" like a logical next step in becoming a Pokémon Master: show others how to treat Pokémon and teach them your knowledge. And in a way, Ash has done that before, but not in an official setting for other people.

Master Pikachu 11

SV’s regional bird is supposedly Flying/Electric so we can scratch that out for Ash lmao.
This pattern of Ash not getting a second electric type has to end eventually, but in case they don’t let him have it, he should catch a Corviknight who I heard is in the game to be his flying type for the series. Heck I wouldn’t mind if they gave him a few gen 8 mons since he only got two last time.
Lol. Well this would be the third gen in row he doesn't catch the regional bird (Toucannon in Alola, Corviknight in Galar). If they find a replacement like Dragonite or Rowlet, I could live with it. Tho Ash shouldn't catch level 5 starters at this point.
I disagree I think Ash should catch a starter or two again, I really want to see him get Quaxly since I have been waiting for another water type starter to be fully evolve and I don’t want Greninja to be his only fully evolved water starter. Plus it would be a good way to give him a Pokémon that could use development instead of what we have been dealing with in this series

Status
Not open for further replies.