• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Journeys broke a lot of conventions when it came to including new catches and additions to Ash's team.

1. A Fully Caught Evolved Three Staged Pokémon/Pseudo Pokémon
2. A Ghost Type Pokémon / G-Max Pokémon
3. A Baby Pokémon / Mega Evolution Pokémon
4. A Regional Variant / Regional Evolution / Gen VII Pokémon
5. A Fossil Pokémon

If the next series does follow up on the Journeys formula, I hope that it continues this trend of breaking previous trends. Here are some ideas:

1. A Caught Electric Type Pokémon
2. A Male/Female-Only Pokémon
3. A Fully Caught Evolved Starter Pokémon
4. A Legendary Pokémon
5. A Gen IX Pokémon
I don’t think the writers will ever allow Ash to own another Electric-type Pokémon, out of fear it may overshadow Pikachu.

Master Pikachu 11

They could. But developing more than 6 pokemon,while keeping their appearances equally isn't exactly an easy task.
This series already proves that they don’t care about keeping appearances equally among team members because if they did we would see Dracovish and Sirfetch’d more then we have. So giving him a mixture of Pokémon that need development and others that are fully evolve would be the way to go.

Tobunarimo

Bird-Brain Banter
JN is a reboot? He was on a world tour and has all those nice trophies shown at the beginning. And let's be real, Ash battling in the World Tournament where the big league champions are fighting is a step up from the usual regional Leagues, which is a logical progression from Alola Champion.

As for Journeys, it still promoted Galar... but had Goh be the advertisement with the Galar starters. Ash could have a Galar starter, but they choose not to. This actually freed up space for Ash to go completely unorthodox since it could have gone with Ash promotes Galar Pokémon while Goh catches everything else.

For the first number of weeks/months, idk - plenty of people expressed some worry that the anime was being a reboot: The Japanese title shorted back to Pocket Monsters, episodes at the time seemed more like a 'monster of the week' vibe, etc. It wasn't until later that people became aware that it was merely a continuation and their fears were put to rest - or their fears were instead replaced with rage that Goh has all the Galar starters, Goh catching Suicune, the lack of Serena, etc.

Yes, it promoted Galar, that's what the anime does, but there were plenty that wanted the whole 'Ash challenges Gyms across the region' ordeal after a season of Ash being stuck at a school.

But it was clear cut given several of the references and such this Journeys is less a "Galar season" and more a "Pokemon Go" season - with the bits of Galar being ultimately just being an event, like in Pokemon Go itself.

Lucario is also obvious given how many times Ash seems to have a close relationship to that line.

Yes, because we clearly need another instance of "OMG! GUYS! ASH HAS AURA POWERS!!! HE SHOULD GET A LUCARIO!!!"

What I mean about rightfully using is that Ash getting pokemon like Dragonite, Gengar and Dracovish, it's like how Paul caught Ursuring back in sinnoh, a pokemon several people felt was overkill since they thought he was a rookie until he revealed that he had traveled through the other regions like Ash had done and he was confirmed to be a more experienced trainer therefore Ursuring fit him(and that monster became one of his strongest fighters) with Ash winning the alola league and becoming a champion level trainer, he could only go up from there, and thus was given pokemon who fit someone who's as experienced as Ash should rightfully be when he's not under the thumb of the reset button we had to put up with for 5 regions starting from hoenn.

Sure Riolu and Farfetch'd needed to be raised but with the others pretty much combat ready so it didn't take them long to catch up.

I hope they continue this going forward into S/V if he stays around, regardless of if it's older or new pokemon.

Thanks for clarifying, I had gotten so sick of "Ash deserves Lucario because of his Aura powers in Mystery of Mew!"

That said, I'd argue that it's more due to this series being less focused on a specific region - see my whole bit about it being a "Pokemon Go Season" - as if Journeys focused entirely on Galar Ash would likely not be having Dragonite/Gengar/Lucario - because they would want to promote the new Pokemon and the new Pokemon only.

ShadowForce720

I don’t think the writers will ever allow Ash to own another Electric-type Pokémon, out of fear it may overshadow Pikachu.
Pikachu is the literally mascot of Pokémon so to say that the writers won’t allow Ash to get another Electric type Pokémon out of fear that it may overshadow Pikachu is absolutely ridiculous.

Pikachu would have never been selected as the official mascot of Pokémon if it would have been such a weak mascot that easily gets overshadowed by Ash having another Electric type Pokémon.

Heck we even seen one or two of Ash’s non Pokémon use Electric type moves before with at least one of them actively using Thunderbolt in its battle.

The reason why Ash hasn’t had another Electric type Pokémon before is more then likely just because it lost out to other candidates for Ash’s team.

Just like how it took him a while to get a Ghost type Pokémon or a Mega Evolution, etc.

So as along as Ash sticks around and keeps catching more Pokémon he will likely eventually get another Electric type Pokémon.

Now whether it would be a Mon from the current generation at the time or a past gen Mon remains to be seen.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Pikachu is the literally mascot of Pokémon so to say that the writers won’t allow Ash to get another Electric type Pokémon out of fear that it may overshadow Pikachu is absolutely ridiculous.

Pikachu would have never been selected as the official mascot of Pokémon if it would have been such a weak mascot that easily gets overshadowed by Ash having another Electric type Pokémon.

Heck we even seen one or two of Ash’s non Pokémon use Electric type moves before with at least one of them actively using Thunderbolt in its battle.

The reason why Ash hasn’t had another Electric type Pokémon before is more then likely just because it lost out to other candidates for Ash’s team.

Just like how it took him a while to get a Ghost type Pokémon or a Mega Evolution, etc.

So as along as Ash sticks around and keeps catching more Pokémon he will likely eventually get another Electric type Pokémon.

Now whether it would be a Mon from the current generation at the time or a past gen Mon remains to be seen.
I don’t believe you. Pikachu is clearly what’s preventing the writers from ever allowing Ash to own another Electric-type. The fandom I remember reacted to new Electric-types saying they wanted Ash to catch it. In fact the fandom is aware that Pikachu being Ash’s ace would mean another Electric-type would take screentime away from Pikachu.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
But it was clear cut given several of the references and such this Journeys is less a "Galar season" and more a "Pokemon Go" season - with the bits of Galar being ultimately just being an event, like in Pokemon Go itself.
I think this season is more than a “Pokémon Go” season. It’s a combination of things. Goh’s storyline is definitely a Pokémon Go tie-in. But I think Ash’s storyline is something different - a generic “mainline post-game” and competitive story arc that pulls from unused storylines in previous generations.

ShadowForce720

I don’t believe you. Pikachu is clearly what’s preventing the writers from ever allowing Ash to own another Electric-type. The fandom I remember reacted to new Electric-types saying they wanted Ash to catch it. In fact the fandom is aware that Pikachu being Ash’s ace would mean another Electric-type would take screentime away from Pikachu.
They wouldn’t have chosen Pikachu as the mascot of Pokémon if all it took to overshadow was Ash having another Electric type. At the end of day Electric is just a type and as along Ash sticks around and is still catching Pokémon he will likely eventually get another Electric type. Heck if Pikachu was that weak of a mascot like your trying to imply then it wouldn’t be anywhere as near as popular as it is.

When it comes to captures with Ash there is only a certain amount of Pokémon they can give him during one generation so that means there are multiple Pokémon that are likely considered for Ash’s team for that generation, however obviously not every single Pokémon can wind up on Ash’s team in one generation.

Pikachu doesn’t prevent the writers from doing anything, if another Electric type Pokémon happens to fit the story they want to tell or they the people in charge of the anime want Ash to have so they can market then he will catch it.

Heck as each series progresses more and more changes are introduced and some things that some people claim that would never be allowed to happen have happened.

I mean heck some people didn’t believe the Ash would ever use Mega Evolution, catch a fossil Pokémon, catch a mythical Pokémon, catch a Ghost type Pokémon, catch a Dragonite in episode 10, or have a Pokémon that new Dark type moves other then Bite/Crunch, etc. and yet they still happened.

Last edited:

Speed22

I do not want a friendly rival.
I want a rival who is jealous of Ash's fame being in the Master Eight. That rivals goal is to beat Ash and show him she is the superior trainer. She uses normal methods of training, but she trains her Pokémon with precision and perfection. She has analyzed Ash and knows everything about him training wise. Yet, she doesn't know the "person" Ash. As the series goes on, she starts to discover that Ash isn't only a good trainer, but also a good person and her jealously slowly fades over time.
I want a rival that gets more toxic over time and becomes downright villainous.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I still want the world tour aspect to be maintained tbh (I think its more fun when we have the whole franchise as a marketing opportunity rather than just the games) but I want the home region aka the Vermillion City of the series to be strictly in Paldea, and I want all Paldean characters and pokemon to appear while we see other regions as well!!
I just like the excitement and surprise JN has, even if it doesnt always execute it well. World tour was one of the best things that happened and it needs more chances to be used properly

Status
Not open for further replies.