• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Ah yes, all of the things they’ve shown time and time again that they care “so much” about, by somewhat resetting him in BW and then suddenly sending him to school to act more like a child, out of nowhere in SM..
If they didn't care about this they wouldn't have even made Journeys in the first place.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
If they didn't care about this they wouldn't have even made Journeys in the first place.
Journeys has arguably just been a mish-mash of randomness from previous sagas, all thrown together in an attempt to breed nostalgia amongst older fans.. pushing Ash to win some of his most challenging battles ever, using brand new captures whilst the Pokémon that spent years getting him to this point rot, whilst watching him in TV..

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Dragonball's original hook was magical items that become inactive for a year upon use. As early as the end of its first arc, time was established to be a significant element to consider when factoring them, and would play a part in two more arcs.

No such thing is in play here in this world.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Ideally since Philippine culture is heavily connected to Spain… due to circumstances it would be nice if they incorporated some stuff there. Like having Ash and co eat Biko. Idk wishful thinking.

Also no matter how many times this must be said, we need a battling girl. Enough with this. This has been happening since since XY. Also they have a perfect setup to give Ash female rivals (as much as I love Bianca she didn’t quite cut it and despite a perfect setup of Bea being in the Master Class she kinda fell off.)

They even gave characters like May and Dawn battles despite it only effecting half of their goal so no excuses

Man as much as I like the queen, Bea really had just as much of a reason to be there as much as her. Also it would have evened out the male-female ratio

But another discussion

Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
That region hopping and the old characters appearing seriously makes me sick of that fanservice and I rather hope the next region is much more self contained than Journeys. I don't need that nonsense again and it would become a huge turn off for me when I have to see a Ash visits old region episode again.

Honestly give me a Paldea anime with all being set in that one region and new characters and one, maybe two old characters not being Ash and all his companions.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Ideally since Philippine culture is heavily connected to Spain… due to circumstances it would be nice if they incorporated some stuff there. Like having Ash and co eat Biko. Idk wishful thinking.
I prefer them eating puto. I am sorry, Spanish speakers, if that sounds really inappropriate for a kids’ show.

SatoSereFan224888

Honestly give me a Paldea anime with all being set in that one region and new characters and one, maybe two old characters not being Ash and all his companions.
Yeah. I’d rather have brand new original characters for Paldea. No Ash or at the very least he makes sporadic appearances. He should play no major role.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I prefer them eating puto. I am sorry, Spanish speakers, if that sounds really inappropriate for a kids’ show.
BRUH. The fact that means what it means in Spanish and is a dish is funny but in a bad way since it’s pretty inappropriate.

Last edited:

desdar300

I still want the world tour aspect to be maintained tbh (I think its more fun when we have the whole franchise as a marketing opportunity rather than just the games) but I want the home region aka the Vermillion City of the series to be strictly in Paldea, and I want all Paldean characters and pokemon to appear while we see other regions as well!!
I just like the excitement and surprise JN has, even if it doesnt always execute it well. World tour was one of the best things that happened and it needs more chances to be used properly
I feel like they might just want limit the exploration to the new series since it's open world and already has three concurrent plots for players to follow.

Especially if we get introduced to time travel shenanigans again

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
Biggest inspiration for Ash’s storyline was probably the PWT from BW2. Lots of trainers from everywhere celebrating the climax/end of an era (in terms of story for the anime at least).
I’d argue his storyline is a mix of that and Pokemon Masters Ex.

They clearly are/were making an effort to include mobile as well as mainline games. Let’s see if it continues.

There are 3 storylines for S/V.

IF Pokemon 2019 is a “reboot” in that they are no longer just following mainline games then I could see Ash and Chloe potentially continuing on as main characters for the new series.

That said, I hope not.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
I’d argue his storyline is a mix of that and Pokemon Masters Ex.

They clearly are/were making an effort to include mobile as well as mainline games. Let’s see if it continues.

There are 3 storylines for S/V.

IF Pokemon 2019 is a “reboot” in that they are no longer just following mainline games then I could see Ash and Chloe potentially continuing on as main characters for the new series.

That said, I hope not.
Why would Koharu stay for gen 9? The writers might as well create new OCs if they aren't using characters from the games.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Why would Koharu stay for gen 9? The writers might as well create new OCs if they aren't using characters from the games.
Why go through the effort of creating a new OC when you have one with an open-ended goal of learning more about evolution and can work as a female audience self-insert?

Yeah. There's no reason to keep Chloe into Gen 9 unless SV introduces a brand new Eeveelution.
There are plenty of reasons to keep Chloe that aren’t tied to Eevee. She’s a protagonist OC, she has an open-ended goal (as of the last episode), and they have already done the work to introduce her to the audience.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Yeah. There's no reason to keep Chloe into Gen 9 unless SV introduces a brand new Eeveelution.
I must be one of a very small number of people who don't actually want more Eevelutions, right? They never really end up having the stats or move pools needed to be competitively viable, and they already take up like 8 slots in the dex which is rather annoying in the Dexit era. Unpopular opinion I know, but I find their designs kind of boring. They just look like base stage starter Pokemon, if they looked something more like the legendary dogs I would like them a lot more.

I wouldn't mind Goh staying, tbh, I've always liked that kid but if Koharu isn't staying then Goh probably isn't staying either.

Status
Not open for further replies.