• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 26th: PM2019 122 - The Semifinals I: Sweep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pteranodonte

The only believeble way for Lucario to beat Garchomp is if Garchomp gets heavy damaged from both Sirfetch'd and Dracovish.
It seems like she is fighting Dracovish after its battle with Roserade, since Milotic is shown as the last Pokémon sent out on Cynthia's scoreboard. If Dracovish lands like a couple of Dragon Rushes or Ice Fangs and Sirfetch'd gets off a Meteor Mash or two than MAYBE I could buy a newly hatched Lucario beating the most powerful Pokémon owned by a trainer we ever saw, but they'll just use some plot armor/DEM to give the annoying dog a cheap win.
If someone was taking out Lucario it should have been Pikachu, along with the Sinnoh team.

Just for fun here is how I think Ash vs Cynthia should have been:

- Gliscor vs Spiritomb: Gliscor uses U-turn,
- Torterra vs Spiritomb: Torterra gets put to sleep and damaged by Dream Eater, but thanks to Synthesis it recovers and wins,
- Torterra vs Gastrodon: Ash gets cocky because of the 4x advantage but is caught offguard by Gatrodon's Amnesia-Recover combo, and Torterra is defeated by Blizzard,
- Infernape vs Gastrodon: Gastrodon uses Rain Dance, but Infernape scores a quick win with his own combo Sunny Day-Solar Beam, and in a flashback it is revealed that Ash taught him that to counter Gastrodon, knowing that Cynthia would have tried to get rid of Infernape as soon as possible knowing how powerful he can be, and would never switch out what appears to be the perfect counter to him,
- Infernape vs Togekiss: Infernape recalled,
- Gliscor vs Togekiss: Togekiss wins by haxing with Seren Grace and Air Slash,
- Staraptor vs Togekiss: Staraptor starts by landing a boosted Retaliate, and wins after an aerial dogfight,
- Staraptor vs Garchomp: another aerial battle, where Staraptor goes down but not without landing a couple of good hits against Garchomp,
- Buizel vs Garchomp: after taking an Ice Punch to the face Garchomp is recalled for Roserade,
- Buizel vs Roserade: tie,
- Pikachu vs Milotic: Pikachu, then recalled,
- Infernape vs Garchomp: huge battle, Infernape activates Blaze and Garchomp mega evolves. In the end Garchomp wins, but is burned by Infernape's sun-boosted Flare Blitz,
- Pikachu vs Garchomp: final match, Ash uses the Steelium Z this time, to counter Garchomp's final effort to win with Draco Meteor. Both Pokémon are about to faint, the first one to land a hit will be the winner. All it takes for Ash is to rely on Pikachu's high priority move: Quick Attack. Pikachu wins.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
So I guess Pikachu, Gengar and Dragonite go down fast. Leaves Sirfetchd, Dracovish and Lucario, oh boy. Team B (=barley existing)+ Lucario gets to shine against Champion A.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Just wanna take this opportunity to announce that I proposed to my now fiancée today, so I missed out on all the chaos. So lame but alas, priorities :D

Anyways any last minute predictions on what cameos we might see next week? I’m betting on some of the missing Galar Gym Leaders to finally show up.
Congratulations! Hope you two have a safe and happy marriage.

As for cameos, some of each region’s respective Gym Leaders. I also would love to see the Kalos E4 since they’re very fun characters imo. Leon would probably have Sonia watch but would also love a Mustard cameo.

Master Pikachu 11

Some loser hacked into the SerebiiBot and started purging content and users, some of them being staff members.
I was starting to wonder what happened when I see XenForo in place of Serebii at the top of page. That really stinks.
Well on another note, who do you think might have a cameo for Ash vs. Cynthia?

Chances are we might see Paul and Reggie again, I would say Dawn but I think they might save her for the big Leon battle. Maybe for Barry, probably Nando too, there's also Conway, and let's not forget Angie either. I think they might show Zoey, Kenny, and Ursula too since we did see May's rivals when Ash battled Steven so I wouldn't count Dawn's rivals out from this as well.
Delia, Professor Oak, Tracey, Paul and Reggie. Maybe Volkner and Flint, and Dawn.
It would be cool to see Barry, Conway and Nando along with Kenny and Zoey.

Just wanna take this opportunity to announce that I proposed to my now fiancée today, so I missed out on all the chaos. So lame but alas, priorities :D

Anyways any last minute predictions on what cameos we might see next week? I’m betting on some of the missing Galar Gym Leaders to finally show up.
Congrats on the engagement!

DuskAstral

I agree, I feel like they are purposely saving up on showing us Ash's companions for his final battle against Leon.
It depends on how many episodes Satoshi's fight with Dande will have.
From what I've seen, the developers are trying to limit the cameo, so there's a small possibility that there won't be room for all of them.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
It depends on how many episodes Satoshi's fight with Dande will have.
From what I've seen, the developers are trying to limit the cameo, so there's a small possibility that there won't be room for all of them.
The least they could do lol. I mean maybe they are saving budget for all the companions together? It would be a great anniversary. Maybe just cameos. But I am happy with that too tbh.
Cynthia wants to retire from Battles after her battle with Ash, but something tells me Cynthia's inner fire could be "reignited" during her battle against Ash, changing her mind.
95% sure this will happen

This Cynthia retiring thing feels like clickbait in my head. I feel like there is 10% of it actually happening. It feels pretty out of the blue

Kameinu

Arooo!
Lol. Who even uses Facebook these days?
Buddy, whole Pokémon communities. Name a few, LatAm, Philippines, Brasil, Indonesia, India…

And Cynthia retiring is a thing that actually makes sense for her character due to her whole “mentoring the next generation” thing, and her having an actual career that would benefit from her doing it 100%. The fact they might be wasting that plot line for cheap drama to backpedal on later really sucks.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Cynthia wants to retire from Battles after her battle with Ash, but something tells me Cynthia's inner fire could be "reignited" during her battle against Ash, changing her mind.
Maybe Cynthia saw how terrible Leon looks
due to him only battles all the times, so she decided to take another route? So she doesn’t end like that man who wears two pants

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
Maybe Cynthia saw how terrible Leon looks
due to him only battles all the times, so she decided to take another route? So she doesn’t end like that man who wears two pants
Ok I have to intervene here because I saw you mention this several times: Having leggings under shorts is a normal clothing choice, and especially popular with athletes. Due to SwSh Gym leaders being treated like athletes, the design choice makes perfect sense.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Buddy, whole Pokémon communities. Name a few, LatAm, Philippines, Brasil, Indonesia, India…
Interesting lol
And Cynthia retiring is a thing that actually makes sense for her character due to her whole “mentoring the next generation” thing, and her having an actual career that would benefit from her doing it 100%.
Would have made more sense to use that storyline for Iris tbh. It would have been awesome!
The fact they might be wasting that plot line for cheap drama to backpedal on later really sucks.
Sad right? It feels forced and has zero built-up.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Ok I have to intervene here because I saw you mention this several times: Having leggings under shorts is a normal clothing choice, and especially popular with athletes. Due to SwSh Gym leaders being treated like athletes, the design choice makes perfect sense.
I see, but for me wearing two pants is not normal, nor esthetic

DuskAstral

The least they could do lol. I mean maybe they are saving budget for all the companions together? It would be a great anniversary. Maybe just cameos. But I am happy with that too tbh.
I do not think they are saving the budget because I believe that all episodes of the season are ready before the anime starts.

Last edited:

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I do not think they are saving the budget because I believe that all episodes of a given series are ready before the anime starts.
We had two low budget endings lol. They are horrible o_O Pokemon Shiritori and Supereffective Type. Gou and Koharu will be the only main characters who NEVER appeared in an ending

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Sad right? It feels forced and has zero built-up.
This being smashed into a single episode just comes off as a way of justifying how Lucario can defeat Garchomp at the expense of Diantha VS Leon

They’ve had ample amount of times to build and hype up this battle and instead had Cynthia in essentially a filler episode as her introduction.

And then deny them any interactions in the Masters Class until they battle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.