• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

August 26th: PM2019 122 - The Semifinals I: Sweep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
This being smashed into a single episode just comes off as a way of justifying how Lucario can defeat Garchomp at the expense of Diantha VS Leon
I feel mixed about it.
They’ve had ample amount of times to build and hype up this battle and instead had Cynthia in essentially a filler episode as her introduction.

And then deny them any interactions in the Masters Class until they battle.
Yeah he could have used Lucario there and it could have gotten SOME built-up.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I feel mixed about it.

Yeah he could have used Lucario there and it could have gotten SOME built-up.
I’d honestly just rather Lucario defeat Garchomp without saying why. The explanation is really unneeded and makes you wonder why jobbers like Noviern exists if raising a Pokémon since they were an egg allegedly increases their battle prowess

Snowy would sweep Garchomp

Eevee903

You are awesome!
I’d honestly just rather Lucario defeat Garchomp without saying why. The explanation is really unneeded and makes you wonder why jobbers like Noviern exists if raising a Pokémon since they were an egg allegedly increases their battle prowess
It is BS some Pokemon get suddenly a boost cause they have been hatched by a trainer lol.

Honestly Garchomp vs Lucario doesn't really need any kind of connection. Metagross and Pikachu didn't either. I hate how they keep adding stuff especially for Lucario.

Sham

The Guardian of War
It is BS some Pokemon get suddenly a boost cause they have been hatched by a trainer lol.

Honestly Garchomp vs Lucario doesn't really need any kind of connection. Metagross and Pikachu didn't either. I hate how they keep adding stuff especially for Lucario.
I’m on my conspiracy phase and I still think it’s a possibility that Gengar GMAXES here and they’re saving Mega Lucario for Leon.

And no I don’t think Leon is allowing Ash to use all gimmicks because he isn’t in charge of the rules and it comes off extremely convoluted.

Even in the trailer unlike Diantha and Steven (kinda) it seems like Cynthia isn’t immediately Mega Evolving Garchomp because she’s fighting Lucario in her base form in the trailers.

I’m questioning if she’s even using it here and same with Ash. Imagine Mega Shillcario finishing up both Leon and Cynthia battles

But yes and watch them never mention this “egg power” ever again in the series

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness

There’s always been a rivalry between Pokémon, it’s just that JN does that literally at the eleventh hour, so it’s seems like another last second BS addition.

If anything, then this rivalry just further cements my believe that Leon will win against Ash. This is the last hurrah for him, Lucario defeats his “rival”, Pikachu got his big moment against Steven and according to some leaks, the “forgotten” members of his team will shine in this battle.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
There’s always been a rivalry between Pokémon, it’s just that JN does that literally at the eleventh hour, so it’s seems like another last second BS addition.
Sad fact
If anything, then this rivalry just further cements my believe that Leon will win against Ash. This is the last hurrah for him, Lucario defeats his “rival”, Pikachu got his big moment against Steven and according to some leaks, the “forgotten” members of his team will shine in this battle.
All that built up flushed down the toilet..
Honestly if Ash is struggling against Cynthia, how will he even beat Leon? Does he stand a chance?

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
All that built up flushed down the toilet..
Honestly if Ash is struggling against Cynthia, how will he even beat Leon? Does he stand a chance?
I personally don’t think so. Realistically speaking, he shouldn’t even make it to Leon’s last Pokémon, but we all know that it will both will be down to their last member because of plot armor.

Leon defeated Alain 3-1 and Diantha 6-1 or 6-2. Ash taking out 5 Pokémon would be a crazy feat and would put him way above any character not named Leon. However, he never showed such a difference in skill/strength in his PWC matches so far.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
**** HACKERS
we need to all turn into Cyber Sleuths and destroy this hacker! Jk nothing tells me you have no life like hacking websites and ruining people's enjoyment for fun on a friday. Or they're psychopathic/sociopathic, one of the three.
I personally don’t think so. Realistically speaking, he shouldn’t even make it to Leon’s last Pokémon, but we all know that it will both will be down to their last member because of plot armor.

Leon defeated Alain 3-1 and Diantha 6-1 or 6-2. Ash taking out 5 Pokémon would be a crazy feat and would put him way above any character not named Leon. However, he never showed such a difference in skill/strength in his PWC matches so far.
I am also having a hard time imagining Ash get even close to taking out more than two of Leon's pokemon. I actually thought Ash might lose to Shirona as I don't think it's believable that he is close to her level yet, but I'll take what we get. I still don't think Ash should have beat Steven tbh but it was still a good battle.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I am also having a hard time imagining Ash get even close to taking out more than two of Leon's pokemon. I actually thought Ash might lose to Shirona as I don't think it's believable that he is close to her level yet, but I'll take what we get. I still don't think Ash should have beat Steven tbh but it was still a good battle.
Agreed. The anime is pretty much implying that Cynthia isn’t the far from Leon so if he’s serverly struggling against her and Leon is (potentially) sweeping Diantha than what chance does he have?

Eevee903

You are awesome!
It feels weird Ash vs a Champion on the level of Cynthia or Leon. I feel like he is still miles away from their level and only will due luck.

Agreed. The anime is pretty much implying that Cynthia isn’t the far from Leon so if he’s serverly struggling against her and Leon is (potentially) sweeping Diantha than what chance does he have?
I know lol. It seems like a mission impossible

Honestly I still don't see how Lucario can possibly beat Garchomp
Yeah Ash always is a close call while Leon wins with ease.

Morax

King of heroes
we need to all turn into Cyber Sleuths and destroy this hacker! Jk nothing tells me you have no life like hacking websites and ruining people's enjoyment for fun on a friday. Or they're psychopathic/sociopathic, one of the three.
Maybe they get paid for it? Hell i’d do it for a million dollars.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Satoshi’s Lucario knows Steel Beam (Resistance until the bitter end/Do-or-Die - Tetteikousen)

Shirona’s Gablias knows Draco Meteor (Meteor Shower - Ryuuseigun)

Both moves are puns and I believe also were named by fans (literal children) who won a contest or something.

Wonder if that was intentional both starring Pokémon have these moves.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Satoshi’s Lucario knows Steel Beam (Resistance until the bitter end/Do-or-Die - Tetteikousen)

Shirona’s Gablias knows Draco Meteor (Meteor Shower - Ryuuseigun)

Both moves are puns and I believe also were named by fans (literal children) who won a contest or something.

Wonder if that was intentional both starring Pokémon have these moves.
Probably just a coincidence. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Steel Beam turns into/replaced with Dragon Pulse.

ShadowForce720

Who knows? Steel Beam/Meteor Assault/Bide are such a moves that totally doesn't fit Ash's fight style. He is about fast attacks, not recoil damage!
Well Meteor Assault isn’t really going to go anywhere since it’s Sirfetch’d’s signature move. However Steel Beam while it’s pretty cool and powerful it doesn’t really fit with Lucario’s battle style.

Lucario is more of a fast mixed attacker and so having a move that has significant recoil like Steel Beam doesn’t really help it.

In all honesty Steel Beam would work better for Ash’s Melmetal which it can
upgrade its move Flash Cannon to.

Recoil damage moves can work for Ash, it’s just that sometimes they don’t get paired with a Pokémon that has a battle style fited to that move or they are over reliant on it.

For instance the problem with Bide on Ash’s Goodra was the fact that it became to reliant on it to where it was treated as its finishing move, honesty Ash’s Goodra’s move set needed to be different if it was going to keep having Bide.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Well Meteor Assault isn’t really going to go anywhere since it’s Sirfetch’d’s signature move. However Steel Beam while it’s pretty cool and powerful it doesn’t really fit with Lucario’s battle style.
Yeah. Maybe Leaf Blade would be neat for Sirfetchd
Lucario is more of a fast mixed attacker and so having a move that has significant recoil like Steel Beam doesn’t really help it.
And honestly only having Fighting and Steel moves is a bit bland if you ask me.
In all honesty Steel Beam would work better for Ash’s Melmetal which it can
upgrade its move Flash Cannon to.
Yeah, cause Melmetal is bulky and Lucario isn't at all.
Recoil damage moves can work for Ash, it’s just that sometimes they don’t get paired with a Pokémon that has a battle style fited to that move or they are over reliant on it.
Yeah. I always find Pokemon like Melmetal,Goodra/Dragonite and Dracovish weird for Ash's team,since they don't really fit his usually fast paced fighting style. I feel like the hold the team back a bit.. Also funny exactly these Pokemon had the least battles/most loses and draws lol.
For instance the problem with Bide on Ash’s Goodra was the fact that it became to reliant on it to where it was treated as its finishing move, honesty Ash’s Goodra’s move set needed to be different if it was going to keep having Bide.
Yeah. No point denying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.