• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatoSereFan224888

None of what you said justifies the studio seeing the SV anime as a lost cause and choosing to cut their losses by canning it.
But from what I have seen on twitter, there seems to be problems over at OLM.
As much as I critique the school, your idea renders this series for the worse since we would have zero supporting cast for 3 years of a given series. And please, do not try to pull the nonsense idea of SM lasting only 40 episodes. Everyone in this forum knows that generations are not determined by filler. They are determined by the release of the games.
Well I think Ash is overdone as the main character. It’s time someone new takes his place. If he goes to school again, that shows how bad the anime has gotten. Tomiyasu is an in competent idiot. He should be fired along with Kunihiko Yuyama. Honestly for SV, Ash should only appear occasionally.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
This is an easily provable fact consider that the quality of the animation has taken a downturn and the fact the Iwane is no longer doing one-in-five episodes or key animation for episodes other than his.
This is not an easily provable “fact” since like many large animation studios, OLM is divided into teams and smaller studios. Now, had all their teams taken massive hits and not just Team Kato, the claim that OLM was in dire managerial straights would hold water.

Care to cite any of the sources? Twitter has a range from legitimate journalism to conspiracy theories peddled by snake oil salesme.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
This is not an easily provable “fact” since like many large animation studios, OLM is divided into teams and smaller studios. Now, had all their teams taken massive hits and not just Team Kato, the claim that OLM was in dire managerial straights would hold water.

Care to cite any of the sources? Twitter has a range from legitimate journalism to conspiracy theories peddled by snake oil salesme.

When your legendarily well-planned production starts falling a part there is indeed something wrong with your studio.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Lol now I am imagining a high school drama involving Ash with teen angst and such
Can we please leave the high school stories to the fanfiction sites where they belong?

I think fans will be so angry they might just cancel the SV anime
The only ways that fan anger gets the show cancelled is 1)if they stop watching, 2)if they stop buying games and merch, or 3)the anime doesn’t fit TPC’s plans for marketing the entire franchise going forward. Fans blowing off steam on social media or Twitter won’t get a series cancelled because it doesn’t impact the bottom line.

Problems at the studio doesn’t mean the anime will be cancelled. If the Pokemon anime’s production problems solely fall on OLM (and not on other factors like the general industry-wide shortage of talent or hypotheticals like production budget cuts), then TPC could just find a new studio

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Can we please leave the high school stories to the fanfiction sites where they belong?
Sure lol no worries.
The only ways that fan anger gets the show cancelled is 1)if they stop watching, 2)if they stop buying games and merch, or 3)the anime doesn’t fit TPC’s plans for marketing the entire franchise going forward. Fans blowing off steam on social media or Twitter won’t get a series cancelled because it doesn’t impact the bottom line.

Problems at the studio doesn’t mean the anime will be cancelled. If the Pokemon anime’s production problems solely fall on OLM (and not on other factors like the general industry-wide shortage of talent or hypotheticals like production budget cuts), then TPC could just find a new studio
Nah they won't cancel it, but I do not know long the production problems will last, who knows if they will be fixed when the next anime airs? For example that new SAO movie was postponed due covid issues in production.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Honestly Ash losing would cause more backlash than when he lost to Alain in Kalos.
How many times has this anime faced backlash anyway?

Was it when Ash lost to Tobias and his BS legendaries?
Or when Ash was soft-reset in BW? Or when he lost to a rookie trainer and his Snivy?
Was it when he lost to Alain in the finals?
Or when he sent to school in SM and the whole art style changed?

I don't think our backlash makes any particular difference for them considering how many backlashes there've been so far, and not a thing changed.

Furthermore, Leon has already been hyped up as a sweeper of Champions. Ash, a Rookie Champion, losing to Leon would actually make more sense than Ash winning. And even if he lost, the backlash from some whiny fans would not change a damn thing.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Lol I don’t think people will mad if ash losing to Leon , cause there is no build up he will win the whole thing , his performance in the league didn’t help either since Leon pretty much swept all his opponents while Ash Struggle hard , it’s realistic outcome tbh and 2nd place of master 8th isn’t that bad , nothing beat Ash Vs Alain finale for the saltiness cause how much the build up that ash gonna win the whole thing

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Lol I don’t think people will mad if ash losing to Leon , cause there is no build up he will win the whole thing , his performance in the league didn’t help either since Leon pretty much swept all his opponents while Ash Struggle hard , it’s realistic outcome tbh and 2nd place of master 8th isn’t that bad , nothing beat Ash Vs Alain finale for the saltiness cause how much the build up that ash gonna win the whole thing
The gap between Leon and Ash is just TOO big. Ash struggles lots and Leon doesn't break a sweat. I just can't see Ash beating Leon at this point in time.

Miraidon

Blasting off at the speed of light!
The gap between Leon and Ash is just TOO big. Ash struggles lots and Leon doesn't break a sweat. I just can't see Ash beating Leon at this point in time.
It does seem like this is going to be an L for Ash. I would love to see him winning whatever comes along his path in the SV anime!

Miraidon

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Honestly, it seems so lackluster compared to Leon lol
Tbh I hope he doesn’t end up winning plot armour style, cause that would ruin the continuity of things imo, but I would have liked to see him more on par with Leon

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
And Cynthia was in control of the match between her and Iris. Ash is going to be pushed to his limits, first against Cynthia and second against Leon.

And if I've learned anything about tournaments is that the opponents before the Champion can be a very useful learning lesson to bring down the house.

In Punch-Out, a lot of players found Mr. Sandman easier to deal after dealing with Title Defense Bald Bull.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Tbh I hope he doesn’t end up winning plot armour style, cause that would ruin the continuity of things imo, but I would have liked to see him more on par with Leon
Lol Kalos League all over again.
And Cynthia was in control of the match between her and Iris. Ash is going to be pushed to his limits, first against Cynthia and second against Leon.

And if I've learned anything about tournaments is that the opponents before the Champion can be a very useful learning lesson to bring down the house.

In Punch-Out, a lot of players found Mr. Sandman easier to deal after dealing with Title Defense Bald Bull.
Interesting! Though I feel like Ash doesn't stand a chance since Diantha got Alain'd very hard. If Ash wins it feels more like he would be lucky than actual skill rn.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Lol Kalos League all over again.

Interesting! Though I feel like Ash doesn't stand a chance since Diantha got Alain'd very hard. If Ash wins it feels more like he would be lucky than actual skill rn.

Diantha's battle looks like it's going to be cutaways to make room for Cynthia's backstory. 6 v 6 is a very costly endeavor and better to cut away than show the whole battle.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Eh, at this point I just want Ash to lose and end this dang series lol. Let's start fresh in Paldea cuz this was a mess.
And that is an understatement lol
Diantha's battle looks like it's going to be cutaways to make room for Cynthia's backstory. 6 v 6 is a very costly endeavor and better to cut away than show the whole battle.
Like Cynthia doesn't even need a backstory. I just think they did it to save money and time.
Alain vs Remo all over again lol.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
When your legendarily well-planned production starts falling a part there is indeed something wrong with your studio.
When Shinkalion, Komi, and Ninjala don’t experience similar problems this same year, I think it is safe to say it is a bigger issue with Team Kato than it is with OLM as a whole

Eevee903

You are awesome!
When Shinkalion, Komi, and Ninjala don’t experience similar problems this same year, I think it is safe to say it is a bigger issue with Team Kato than it is with OLM as a whole
Which is weird honestly, Komi season 2 had that two episodes quality drop, but it recovered from it.

Does Team Kato have other animation projects besides Pokemon?Does it have to do with nothing having enough animators or bad planning? Or another factor like Covid? Or a combination of factors?

Status
Not open for further replies.