• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
When Shinkalion, Komi, and Ninjala don’t experience similar problems this same year, I think it is safe to say it is a bigger issue with Team Kato than it is with OLM as a whole
But they do, that's the thing. Most of Komi's episodes were outsourced apparently and Summer Time Rendering also has a similar issue with outsourcing as well as underwhelming animation outside of a select few key moments for a seasonal.

For the past two series, Pokemon has been lucky enough to have a handful of talented freelancers regularly available for big episodes as well as the connections in place to invite more when possible. For whatever reason, these freelancers have moved onto other projects and OLM doesn't have enough staff members experienced with action animation to fill in that void. This means that less experienced animators have to step up and handle the action cuts, putting more strain and pressure on everyone. The alternative is to not have any action cuts at all. This change happened suddenly during JN when production wasn't structured in a way that was suited for this. There could be more going on, but this is just what I can tell from looking at credits and observation.

I took a look at a few episodes from other recent OLM shows and their animation seems to be reserved and static. They didn't get hit hard like Pokemon because they didn't have as much to lose.
factors like the general industry-wide shortage of talent
Yup, this is it.

Last edited:

Eevee903

You are awesome!
But they do, that's the thing. Most of Komi's episodes were outsourced apparently and Summer Time Rendering also has a similar issue with outsourcing as well as underwhelming animation outside of a select few key moments for a seasonal.

For the past two series, Pokemon has been lucky enough to have a handful of talented freelancers regularly available for big episodes as well as the connections in place to invite more when possible. For whatever reason, these freelancers have moved onto other projects and OLM doesn't have enough staff members experienced with action animation to fill in that void. This means that less experienced animators have to step up and handle the action cuts, putting more strain and pressure on everyone. The alternative is to not have any action cuts at all. This change happened suddenly during JN when production wasn't structured in a way that was suited for this. There could be more going on, but this is just what I can tell from looking at credits and observation.

I took a look at a few episodes from other recent OLM shows and their animation seems to be much more reserved and static. They didn't get hit hard like Pokemon because they didn't have as much to lose.

Yup, this is it.
So what does this mean for the future of Pokemon?

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto

1. A miracle happens and freelancers rejoin the regular rotation.
2. Things continue as they have now.
3. We go back to the DP days of using a ton of stills and BANK animation and trying to work the schedule so that the most important battle episodes are handled by Asada/Iwane and the animation requirements are overall a lower workload.

Personally, I would love to go back to the DP/BW days but that also requires that the series have key animation for episodes finished five months before broadcast again and I'm not sure they have enough staff on hand to make that happen.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
3. We go back to the DP days of using a ton of stills and BANK animation and trying to work the schedule so that the most important battle episodes are handled by Asada/Iwane and the animation requirements are overall a lower workload.

Personally, I would love to go back to the DP/BW days but that also requires that the series have key animation for episodes finished five months before broadcast again and I'm not sure they have enough staff on hand to make that happen.
And what if that miracle doesn't happen?

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I want the female MC to be in the show just because it’s been 6 years since we’ve had a protag be in the cast, they can customize her and give her a whole new look like Serena since they’re introducing a section of customization in SV. Nemona would’ve been amazing but the more rumors going around I hear of, the less I think her role in the story would fit being The Main Girl, Penny too. Or they pull an SM and have it be this big ensemble cast. If it is, they need to balance it much better; SM suffered heavily from uneven focus being spread thin among 5 characters

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Hopefully the staff take the current situation into account when planning the SV anime and we don't end up with another series like JN with huge ambitions without the means to execute them. It'll probably look like your average weekly anime if a miracle doesn't happen.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Hopefully the staff take the current situation into account when planning the SV anime and we don't end up with another series like JN with huge ambitions without the means to execute them. It'll probably look like your average weekly anime if a miracle doesn't happen.
I rather have them do an episode once a month then tbh.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'm beginning to predict that the SV anime (and the generation as a whole) will be 4 years, but the anime will have 10-12 or so break weeks per year like this Gen had. That would equate to just shy of a full year worth of breaks for this Gen's anime.

Spyro39

I'm beginning to predict that the SV anime (and the generation as a whole) will be 4 years, but the anime will have 10-12 or so break weeks per year like this Gen had. That would equate to just shy of a full year worth of breaks for this Gen's anime.
4 years would mean SV's final year would match up with the franchise's 30th anniversary.

Spyro39

And by extension, Gen 10 (the first double-digit gen), anime and other media, would begin in tune with the 30th anniversary, right?

Or am I off a year?
That's right. Now that I think of it.

2006 was the start of Gen 4 which was the franchise's 10th anniversary.

2016 was the start of Gen 7 and the franchise's 20th anniversary.

Gen 10 starting in 2026 would coincide with the 30th anniversary.

Last edited:

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
About time we got another 4 year gen. It should’ve been Gen 8 (still malding about no Arceus DLC this year) but such is life. I can’t see them starting a new gen just shy a year of the 30th anniversary; has to be Gen 10 in 2026. I could see 2022 - SV, 2023 - SV DLC, 2024 - another Legends or even Let’s Go, 2025 - DLC for previous game or a gap year being the timeline, more or less.

4 year gens gave a lot of time for the anime to set up plotlines and develop characters and teams, no rushing or cutting corners to fit everything into 3 years. The thing is, if they keep up this unstable production schedule and take so many breaks per year, SV would for sure be shorter than series’ like AG and DP. If they know they’re in for the long haul, OLM needs to really get into gear and try to avoid a lot of the pitfalls JN fell into. Which is hard because of what the whole studio is going through, yes, but there has to be a point where there’s some in-studio reflection going on to address the multiple factors causing trouble.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
In which case my mistake.

4. OLM Asia, time to do your thing

Or the next series is in full CGI. Would it be possible? Plenty of kids shows made the 3D transition and Gen 9's model style does look different to the rest.
I think the most competent CGI animators at OLM are handling Shinkalion.

Status
Not open for further replies.