• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyro39

They dumped the GS ball arc entirely, and afiak the Orange Islands haven't come up again since - Ash certainly isn't recognised as the Orange League champion or anything.
I wonder if Tracey's occasional re-appearances count as an Orange Islands reference.

Also, Ash's Orange Islands League trophy was shown in episode 2 alongside his other past achievements.

Jeal

The biggest misconception with the anime is that SM/DP had more fillers than other series, when that is actually false and turns out they have less fillers than most of the other anipoke series
People really like to talk out of their ass lol
Problem with SM was not knowing when something really interesting would happen. The first episodes focusing on the classmates not called Lilie were really boring. I lost the hype. Then EP30-60 were more interesting, but so it became boring again and the classmates were still as boring as always. I thought the power rangers arc, even being ridiculous, would keep the hype, but no. It was not better than filler. At a point after that, I thought it would be better to wait the next season.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Problem with SM was not knowing when something really interesting would happen. The first episodes focusing on the classmates not called Lilie were really boring. I lost the hype. Then EP30-60 were more interesting, but so it became boring again and the classmates were still as boring as always. I thought the power rangers arc, even being ridiculous, would keep the hype, but no. It was not better than filler. At a point after that, I thought it would be better to wait the next season.
Thats like your opinion man
And thats what ties into my point, just because some people dont like episodes doesnt mean they are fillers if you personally found them boring

Jeal

Thats like your opinion man
And thats what ties into my point, just because some people dont like episodes doesnt mean they are fillers if you personally found them boring
Obviously it's my opinion. But are you really going to argue that SM made a good job on keeping people looking forward to the next episode?

Fillers are not always bad episodes. There are lots of funny fillers in the OS.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I still think DA! and XY had the worst fillers, even worse than Johto. Kanto/Orange Islands had entertaining fillers imo.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Most of it was important stuff like captures, evolutions, TG, contests, important characters, or heck the Ash vs Paul LA match
Ok let's see.

128-129: Pyramid arc
130: Full episode just for Sudowoodo to learn a move
131-133: Ash v Paul
134: Full episode just for Mamoswine to learn a move
135-137: Fillers
138-141: Twinleaf festival. It's sort of filler, but Ash learns about the Sunyshore gym at the end.
142: Evil Togepi, is filler
143-147: Johto arc
148-149: Fillers
150-152: Galactic arc
153: James treasure chest filler
154: Ash leaves Gliscor
155-156: Training for Ash and Dawn
157: Ash catches Gible
158: Filler
159: Buizel learns ice punch
160: Filler
161-162: Dawn's last contest
163-166: Infernape, Dawn's piplup learns Hydro Pump, Flint and Volkner, Torterra
167: Dawn contest move training
168-169: Fillers
170: Ash meets Bertha, sort of filler... Idk
171-172: Togekiss arc
173: Ditto filler
174-177: Grand Festival
178: Meowth Love filler

Also what's TG?

Observer

Mostly watching
It's shame they don't recognize the Orange Islands arc much, if at all anymore. It was one of the anime's better arcs along with the Kanto arc and the Battle Frontier arc imo

Kanto is very debatable so have to disagree with you on that, most people give it a pass due to nostalgia and it came first.

I will give you Battle Frontier though because it was the better half of AG and had some good moments.

The Orange Islands, honestly if wasn't for Snorlax or Charizard obeying Ash, Misty getting Poliwag, and Tracy you could almost skip over it. Sad part about this is people tend to forget that this was Ash's first league victory and when Cartoon Network did a marathon leading up to DP they only aired two episodes from this season. Oh and let's not forget about Lapras, a Pokemon I never thought Ash would own and I hope to someday return again and maybe even join his team.

#justicefororangeislands

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
If we are gonna have all the friends cameo one by one watching the battle, maybe the last one in line can be seen watching the battle from the Paldean academy. That friend can then provide firsthand knowledge of him, and that serves as the impetus to getting Ash to Paldea: He was sent an invitation by the academy head or Geeta from a personal reference.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Kanto is very debatable so have to disagree with you on that, most people give it a pass due to nostalgia and it came first.

I will give you Battle Frontier though because it was the better half of AG and had some good moments.

The Orange Islands, honestly if wasn't for Snorlax or Charizard obeying Ash, Misty getting Poliwag, and Tracy you could almost skip over it. Sad part about this is people tend to forget that this was Ash's first league victory and when Cartoon Network did a marathon leading up to DP they only aired two episodes from this season. Oh and let's not forget about Lapras, a Pokemon I never thought Ash would own and I hope to someday return again and maybe even join his team.

#justicefororangeislands
Orange Islands is my third favourite series of the anime, I think it was filler but had some good quality and enjoyable episodes.

I liked Tracey too being added to the group and seeing the team with Brock was refreshing.

The saga further developed Ash and Misty’s relationship, and the league fight was awesome.

So many memorable episodes in that saga, like the Blimp episode, the Nidoran episode, the island of Pink Pokémon, the gym episodes, Misty thinking Psyduck evolved, Ash catching Lapras, Snorlax, Cassidy and Butch using Drowzee to hypnotise the Pokémon, the tanned Nurse Joy, the Charizard development episode, the Squirtle fire fighting one, the Crystal Onix, these are the ones just off the top of my head.

Observer

Mostly watching
Orange Islands is my third favourite series of the anime, I think it was filler but had some good quality and enjoyable episodes.

I liked Tracey too being added to the group and seeing the team with Brock was refreshing.

The saga further developed Ash and Misty’s relationship, and the league fight was awesome.

So many memorable episodes in that saga, like the Blimp episode, the Nidoran episode, the island of Pink Pokémon, the gym episodes, Misty thinking Psyduck evolved, Ash catching Lapras, Snorlax, Cassidy and Butch using Drowzee to hypnotise the Pokémon, the tanned Nurse Joy, the Charizard development episode, the Squirtle fire fighting one, the Crystal Onix, these are the ones just off the top of my head.

To be honest it was an improvement over Kanto in some areas.

By the way you left out the episode The Wacky Watcher, which was pretty an entire episode shout out to Groucho Marx. That was a great episode.

Master Pikachu 11

Should fillers even be compared to recaps? I understand that the Pokémon anime is having a bunch of problems with with production and it’s not easy but pretending that DP having a bunch of fillers between Gym Badges and saying it’s the same as recaps during a league is disingenuous
I rather see fillers then recaps

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
Johto still that saga with the worst filler. Slow as molasses and not helped by the fact it's supposed to be Ash traveling to the next Gym Town. And you end up being in a town that appears once with people that only appear once, and then they are never seen again.

At least in SM and JN, there is a hub that expands upon an existing place and inhabitants, so even when things aren't happening, at least it feels like you're taking a break and relaxing with Ash instead of going "Are we there yet?"

And at least AG/DP/BW/XY had better pacing so even when we get filler towns and characters, it does feel like Ash is actually moving across the region and not somehow teleporting to random locations before reaching the destination.

SatoSereFan224888

Honestly if I said it once, I’ve said it a hundred times, there should be a new protagonist for SV replacing Ash. Also there’s no reason Ash should travel to Paldea. None of the game goals fit him plus they’re more for rookies which Ash is not anymore. Ash should only make a sporadic appearance in the SV anime.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Basically despite the gap there were tons of plotlines and development that happened
Obviously it's my opinion. But are you really going to argue that SM made a good job on keeping people looking forward to the next episode?

Fillers are not always bad episodes. There are lots of funny fillers in the OS.
Why are you twisting my words? When did I ever argue that? My whole point solely has been about fillers and the fandoms perception of it

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
Basically despite the gap there were tons of plotlines and development that happened

Why are you twisting my words? When did I ever argue that? My whole point solely has been about fillers and the fandoms perception of it
Some people don't remember that there was a time where a companion could have an active and well developed goal, get an equal treament with Ash and not having to shove that "dual protagonist" bs to our faces all the time. Dawn, the real second protagonist.

And to support them, a real third wheel like Brock, always reliable and with fun episodes during DP, despite the average fan perception.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.