• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Serena was great in XY and she was great in Journeys

Iris was great in BW and she was great n Journeys

You know who Journeys REALLY ruined?

Dawn

How do you have like 12 appearances in Journeys and still remain completely Static?
There's literally nothing that's changed or improved about her since we last saw her over 10 years ago.

That doesn't sound anything like the Dawn that we knew from DP who was always trying to improve herself
I think Dawn's return were mostly fine.

The first in the Darkrai/Cresselia two parter was kind of dissapointing but the later ones were good.

I agree she could've gotten a couple team changes though

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
bro am i the only one who thought they did serena dirty? like the entire episode I was waiting for chloe and ash to do the "you know each other" thing but that ending was so unsatisfying like they couldve done so much with that. also Serena legit felt like she grew up while Ash kinda became more childish ever since he left Kalos
It’s not an unpopular opinion at all. Serena’s return was…divisive, especially for people who liked the dynamic she had with Ash in Kalos.
They didn't do Serena dirty at all

They did Amourshipping dirty. There's a massive difference there

Regarding Dawn, the only disappointment with her character is no showcase of her contest prowess. Team changes are not as relevant for me given that evolutions + new pokemon are only valuable when they're backed up by actual character writing between the Pokemon and the trainer, but the fact that she wasn't given much of anything to show for her contest experience is a major drawback.

Outside of that, her character was handled pretty well.
They didn't do Serena dirty at all

They did Amourshipping dirty. There's a massive difference there
This distinction without a difference has always been one of the more disingenuous arguments people have tried to make following that episode. Serena's relationship with Ash was a major part of her character and it's completely fair to find that they mishandled her character when they didn't allow Ash and Serena to really interact in any substantial way and much of the episode was predicating on preventing that.

Last edited:

Heitor160

In my personal opinion, the anime is not ending, and the new anime was not shown yet because the current one is still far from ending (I think PM will end around february 2023)
The reason for this is that Project Mew still needs to happen, and Goh hasn't even fought Regigigas yet. Now this would bring the question of why the writers decided to have Project Mew as the climax of the story rather than the M8 tournament, and there's an explanation for that: there's way more to Project Mew than meets the eye. I believe Project Mew is somehow tied to Team Rocket and to Mewtwo, and that we'll have a final villain arc after the M8 tournament, which will be the proper sendoff to Ash, his old Pokémon, and Team Rocket.
Next anime will rather be a soft reboot or a series with a new protagonist

Juanthemovie

Pokemon Master
In my personal opinion, the anime is not ending, and the new anime was not shown yet because the current one is still far from ending (I think PM will end around february 2023)
The reason for this is that Project Mew still needs to happen, and Goh hasn't even fought Regigigas yet. Now this would bring the question of why the writers decided to have Project Mew as the climax of the story rather than the M8 tournament, and there's an explanation for that: there's way more to Project Mew than meets the eye. I believe Project Mew is somehow tied to Team Rocket and to Mewtwo, and that we'll have a final villain arc after the M8 tournament, which will be the proper sendoff to Ash, his old Pokémon, and Team Rocket.
Next anime will rather be a soft reboot or a series with a new protagonist
I gotta say i never really got into the whole Project Mew storyline. It was just "there" for me in between Ash's M8 story and Chloe's mystery Eevee story (which im super curious on why Eevee will not evolve but thats for another future discussion). The other 2 storylines are far more interesting than Goh's Project Mew story

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
My only problem with the SM and to a lesser extent JN’s artstyle is the lack of….depth? Idk but the shading and linework on characters looks very plain and barely there, so it can make the characters look flat and out of place against all these hyper-detailed backgrounds. I only hope they can continue to refine and hone this art style over time since that has been true for the last 6 years, and the alternatives (AU movies, OS-XY style) are unlikely to return

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Let hope that the next female lead doesn’t have another eevee, because let face it only Serena’s was any good and the ones afterwards weren’t.
*Bowl cut girl aka Penny enters the chat*

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Doubtful. One of the reasons they changed art styles was to make it easier on the animators. From what I’ve seen and read, the XY artstyle was painful to animate, and switching back to it would make the production issues worse.
What about the animation from OS-BW?? Was it as hard as XY too?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
oh my god if they pull a StevenUniverse/naruto/dragonball/LegendOfKorra, and have the series continue but all the characters we know and love are all grown up and with kids im gonna lose it. And not in a hyped way
SU was like a 1 year skip tho. Either way, if this is the end for Ash, the next series should really be a reboot

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Doctor Who changes its protagonist again tonight, soon Ash will face this but he does not have the powers of regeneration

Doctor Who has done many things fans would say are "improbable" now, because it's been on 60 years, and one day if Pokemon's on for 60 years I'm sure Goh's stint on the show will have ended like Ash's has
Some of the generation transitions honestly feel like smaller regenerations to me LOL
Like, of course, XY>SM
Except he keeps the voice actor
The goal is kind of the same too, trying to keep a never ending series fresh

Juanthemovie

Pokemon Master
Some of the generation transitions honestly feel like smaller regenerations to me LOL
Like, of course, XY>SM
Except he keeps the voice actor
The goal is kind of the same too, trying to keep a never ending series fresh
I will say it was kinda a refresher that Ash went back to old regions while still exploring (very little) Galar but i kinda wanna go back to how it was before SM

Morax

King of heroes
bro am i the only one who thought they did serena dirty? like the entire episode I was waiting for chloe and ash to do the "you know each other" thing but that ending was so unsatisfying like they couldve done so much with that. also Serena legit felt like she grew up while Ash kinda became more childish ever since he left Kalos
It’s not an unpopular opinion at all. Serena’s return was…divisive, especially for people who liked the dynamic she had with Ash in Kalos.
Kinda hilarious how everbody wants serena to ‘grow up’ and ‘get over that childish crush’ but when it comes to Ash they immediately pull the “he’s just a 10 y/o kid!” card.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Kinda hilarious how everbody wants serena to ‘grow up’ and ‘get over her childish crush’ but when it comes to Ash they immediately pull the “he’s just a 10 y/o kid!” card.
Its because Ash made a wish to be 10 forever when he saw Ho-oh on his journey.
...or its because he's in a never ending coma dream where he never ages.

Sham

The Guardian of War
As much as Jane funnily and iconically p**ses people off sometimes can we appreciate that she’s the only person who likes Serena that hasn’t brung up her reasoning as being the ship?
This distinction without a difference has always been one of the more disingenuous arguments people have tried to make following that episode. Serena's relationship with Ash was a major part of her character and it's completely fair to find that they mishandled her character when they didn't allow Ash and Serena to really interact in any substantial way and much of the episode was predicating on preventing that.

Nope, this objectively didn't happen. Your perception is heavily skewed into just seeing Amour stuff. Amour stuff maybe made short 5-10 second scenes in eps and all you're doing is showing that you didn't actually watch the anime and certainly didn't watch Serena. If you're just going to focus on Amour, then you're going to think it was as important as you're making it out to be even though it really wasn't.

This you? Anyways people have been saying that you guys (some) only liked Serena because of Amour.

Her relationship with Ash isn’t her entire character but it’s doing a heavy disservice to her character by showing her exist without Ash? How come it was okay that Dawn barely interacted with Ash (the first time) but with Serena it’s character assassination?

You couldn’t be happy she’s thriving in Contests, evolved her Pokémon and became more mature?

Anyways that episode was nice and made me like Serena and vindicated everything people have been saying. That girl does not exists to some of you outside of her crush and Journeys would have did a disservice to her by continuing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.