• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as Jane funnily and iconically p**ses people off sometimes can we appreciate that she’s the only person who likes Serena that hasn’t brung up her reasoning as being the ship?

This you? Anyways people have been saying that you guys (some) only liked Serena because of Amour.

Her relationship with Ash isn’t her entire character but it’s doing a heavy disservice to her character by showing her exist without Ash? How come it was okay that Dawn barely interacted with Ash (the first time) but with Serena it’s character assassination?

You couldn’t be happy she’s thriving in Contests, evolved her Pokémon and became more mature?

Anyways that episode was nice and made me like Serena and vindicated everything people have been saying. That girl does not exists to some of you outside of her crush and Journeys would have did a disservice to her by continuing that.
I don’t only like Serena because of the ship. I love her personal development and her Pokemon (Pancham is the best), but the ship is my number one priority and since now the writers showed progress on her goal and mentoring Chloe, now they absolutely have to address Amourshipping and make Serena and Ash an official couple. The ship matters more than her personal development, but it doesn’t completely invalidate that.

Kinda hilarious how everbody wants serena to ‘grow up’ and ‘get over that childish crush’ but when it comes to Ash they immediately pull the “he’s just a 10 y/o kid!” card.
Cancel culture. It’s truly because idiots think that girls are weak if they are with a man and the reason why they defend Ash and let him do what he wants because he’s a man but woman can’t depend on a man and can’t be in a romantic relationship with them because housewives are bad

Morax

King of heroes
Do people here have binary brains? Serena’s character isn’t all about her crush but it is a major part of her. Amourshipping is to serena what clark kent is to superman. Ignoring one half of a character’s identity only to focus on the other is as dumb as saying bruce wayne isn’t batman.

Morax

King of heroes
Cancel culture. It’s truly because idiots think that girls are weak if they are with a man and the reason why they defend Ash and let him do what he wants because he’s a man but woman can’t depend on a man and can’t be in a romantic relationship with them because housewives are bad
This has gotta be the smartest thing you’ve ever posted lmao.

Oh no, it's happening. The S topic is being discussed. This thread is doomed. Everyone, attention, everyone knows the protocol for this situation. Start looking for a secure place before the war get to the point of no return, and try to get radioactive clothes before the unavoidable nuke hits.
Serena or shipping?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
The last time a Nintendo franchise experimented with a character whose main attributes were her crush on the protagonist and her insecurities in her vocation, later iterations of the character sadly hyper-focused on her crush at the expense of the rest of her, so you can see the problem with it.

Ah well, at least she’s just a Cordelia. God help us if she was more of a Faye.

Morax already put it in simple terms. None of what I just said is mutually exclusive with what I've said earlier. It's actually completely coherent with what I've continually tried to get across regarding Serena.

I can simultaneously believe that

This idea that Serena's screen time was relegated to her twiddling her hair and tripping over her feet while staring at Ash longingly from a distance is patently false.

while also believing

A significantly important, if not the most important aspect of Serena's character was her relationship with Ash, which of course I view as unambiguously positive as it was absolutely fantastic for her character. Any return with her that doesn't include some form of interaction/focus on her and Ash's relationship would be a major flaw in writing and would be bad for her character.

Boiling her relationship with Ash as just " shipping " is an egregious misunderstanding of her character and viewing it as something to be just tossed away is similarly idiotic.

It's not difficult.

The comparisons between Dawn and Serena are just completely nonsensical. Serena's an entirely different character with an entirely distinct relationship with Ash. Not to mention, Dawn has had multiple returns whereas Serena has literally only returned once. I've mentioned this before regarding this topic, but I would be so owned if Journeys decided to have another Serena return where they actually gave her meaningful interaction with Ash and did their relationship justice. It would completely invalidate much of my criticisms of her first return given that it was done in the context of it being her only return back thus far. Unfortunately, that hasn't happened yet.

Who knows though? I've read some speculation about the " empty seat " next to Dawn/Koharu...

Last edited:

Eevee903

You are awesome!
...going back to the actual topic for a moment, I wonder if they'll go back to the SM format with the next series. Unless they plan on continuing JN, I really can't see where else they could take the show.
I mean they have done alot of possible genres already

Juanthemovie

Pokemon Master
at this point Pokemon could take the series anywhere at this point. Im guessing itll obviously be based on Scarlet and Violet so whatever storyline they have for that game will most likely pave the way for the anime series. they could probably keep Ash as the main 10 year old character or maybe follow a new trainer. And since this is basically the first fully open world main series game itll probably go back to the format of the Ash traveling to each gym and have a few episodes in between as filler like in XY, BW, DP, basically everything before SM

...going back to the actual topic for a moment, I wonder if they'll go back to the SM format with the next series. Unless they plan on continuing JN, I really can't see where else they could take the show.
Blow it up.
Oh wait SM already did that.

SatoSereFan224888

Given what we've learned in recent weeks, it seems sadly that the odds have increased that the anime could wind up spitting on Paldea as hard as, if not harder, than it did on Galar.
Could you elaborate further on what you mean? Like are you saying Paldea will be given the Twilight Wings treatment that Galar got?

Status
Not open for further replies.