• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ97

Since Co-op play is a key part of the S&V Games; I hope they introduce Team battles/Tournaments in next series. This would be an easy way to nerf Ash by giving him weaker teammates (As none of the other Master Class contenders want to team up with him as they want to Challenge and defeat him).

This was one of my favorite aspects of OG Beyblade, which I think would also translate well in a Pokemon battle setting.

Ali.Frenstein

After watching today's episode I'm very worried that episode 135 of Journeys will be the end of the entire Pokemon series and there won't be gen 9 anime. We'll wait and see what happens. :(

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
I doubt that. Still nothing about gen 9 anime and in less than a month the last episode of Journeys (episode 135, maybe the last episode of the entire series) will air. :(

What people forget about the Pokémon anime is that it's not directly funded by GameFreak or Nintendo. Rather, it's TVTokyo and lately, they've been running into animator shortage and a prioritization of other anime.

It has also become clear that Ash's journey is becoming incompatible with the games as his achievements demand bigger feats and stronger opponents (Galar advertisement is minimum and only focuses on certain highlights). Plus the fact that the English dub releases to the second most important market in the Pokémon franchise were lagging further and further behind in an age where anyone can go online and see the results.

I mean look at this:

Even the official Twitter account didn't waste time posting it because everyone is going to know anyways thanks to Twitter news.

So the anime, once a marketing force for the Pokémon games, is losing relevancy as a promotional vehicle. Ash's adventures demand him venturing away from the main plots of the game. English dub episodes are no longer in sync thanks to international release dates, leading to awkward late episodes that promote events that already long passed in the NA markets. And then you have mini-series and specials that better showcase the world of Pokémon games that the main anime couldn't. Clearly, something had to change.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
What people forget about the Pokémon anime is that it's not directly funded by GameFreak or Nintendo. Rather, it's TVTokyo and lately, they've been running into animator shortage and a prioritization of other anime.

It has also become clear that Ash's journey is becoming incompatible with the games as his achievements demand bigger feats and stronger opponents (Galar advertisement is minimum and only focuses on certain highlights). Plus the fact that the English dub releases to the second most important market in the Pokémon franchise were lagging further and further behind in an age where anyone can go online and see the results.

I mean look at this:

Even the official Twitter account didn't waste time posting it because everyone is going to know anyways thanks to Twitter news.

So the anime, once a marketing force for the Pokémon games, is losing relevancy as a promotional vehicle. Ash's adventures demand him venturing away from the main plots of the game. English dub episodes are no longer in sync thanks to international release dates, leading to awkward late episodes that promote events that already long passed in the NA markets. And then you have mini-series and specials that better showcase the world of Pokémon games that the main anime couldn't. Clearly, something had to change.
Yeah, great post. At this point, dragging Ash to Paldea to compete in some super mega ultimate tournament just seems pointless, and Ash won't mesh at all with the setting being kids going to poke school.
And it seems some point during JN. it was just realized that it can't go on like that.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The only way I can see Ash going to Paldea is if he becomes a teacher

Reactions: Noy

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
It's easy for me to believe, because there were clickbait titles in the past. It could be the same with this.

Looking at goods from 2023 with the JN logo, it is possible that the SV announcement is a bit too early.
There really hasn't been much clickbait at all this time around. There hasn't felt like any "anime jerking us around" vibes.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Oh boy oh Boy OH BOY!

According to the leaks

Looks like the Galar Starters got a ticket to Paldea

Now Goh is able to freely travel with his boyfriend Ash into the Paldea Region! <3
I kind of saw that one coming, given the Alola starters were on SwSh. Might be the new trend going forward.

Important to note, the Galar starters still have to debut on PoGo so there's still enough of them to promote, if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.