• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingertail24

Watch this not be the last episode and instead a koharu focus episode.
So she can find out there are even more endless possibilities? Lol

I highly doubt that. Her arc is already over, and so is Ash and goh very soon. At most I see it as a Kanto celebration or small break episode before the final episode. Just like SM had with Lillie waking up magearna

Ali.Frenstein

It's easy for me to believe, because there were clickbait titles in the past. It could be the same with this.

Looking at goods from 2023 with the JN logo, it is possible that the SV announcement is a bit too early.

Chloe's and Ash's arc is over, and Goh's very soon too. What else there is to show? I'll be very surprised if episode 135 isn't the final one, at least for Journeys.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I doubt that. Still nothing about gen 9 anime and in less than a month the last episode of Journeys (episode 135, maybe the last episode of the entire series) will air. :(
While I won’t deny that 135 could be the last episode of JN, that still hasn’t been confirmed.

Don’t “Kalos League Victory” yourself by setting expectations based on the title alone.
What people forget about the Pokémon anime is that it's not directly funded by GameFreak or Nintendo. Rather, it's TVTokyo and lately, they've been running into animator shortage and a prioritization of other anime.

It has also become clear that Ash's journey is becoming incompatible with the games as his achievements demand bigger feats and stronger opponents (Galar advertisement is minimum and only focuses on certain highlights). Plus the fact that the English dub releases to the second most important market in the Pokémon franchise were lagging further and further behind in an age where anyone can go online and see the results.

I mean look at this:

Even the official Twitter account didn't waste time posting it because everyone is going to know anyways thanks to Twitter news.

So the anime, once a marketing force for the Pokémon games, is losing relevancy as a promotional vehicle. Ash's adventures demand him venturing away from the main plots of the game. English dub episodes are no longer in sync thanks to international release dates, leading to awkward late episodes that promote events that already long passed in the NA markets. And then you have mini-series and specials that better showcase the world of Pokémon games that the main anime couldn't. Clearly, something had to change.
Yep. YouTube series and direct to streaming are going to be the future of animated Pokemon content.

Gingertail24

Galarian Star Tournament, Time travel to Hisui, Isle of Armor
Bruh they aren't doing all of that. They already had the hisuu promotion as short as it was. And they don't need to really promote the dlc this late, even without the pandemic. This just seems like a big stretch.

135 looks to me as either the final, a breather episode before the final (like SM did), or part 3 of PM

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think the final episode will either be 136 or 137. 135 could be a Pallet Town episode.

Guy100

I felt the same about Gen 8 starters when they first got final evos leaked and I ended up loving them with them growing on me and me liking their designs
I can see the same happen for the SV starters. I wouldn't mind Ash not getting a starter again coz it's fun to see more unpredictable SV mons, but if he had to get one, I'm putting my weight behind Meowscarada

Based on the leaks, I'd like Ash to get Meowscarada/Gimmighoul's evo, That Ttar paradox form, that Volcarona ancient paradox form/Salamence ancient paradox form, Cereludge/Amarouge (one of them), Dunsparce evolution (it's such a troll i unironically dig it), Toadscruel (I feel it'll be a fun addition), the Pseudo legendary (mixed on its design but it has potential).

I feel this would be a fun mix of cool badass mons while covering wide arrays of fun potentials

Great point. However, I mixed on which starter will be MVP. If Ash were to get a starter my intuition tells me that it will be Skeledirge as it seems to be gameplay mechanically marketed as the better starter. Meowscarada comes in second. I liken the two to Incineroar and Duciedueye.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
In the case of Galarian Star Tournament and IoA, quite a lot, because in games both threads appeared after defeating Leon.

Nope

You can go to Isle of Armor before Leon.

Another question...

Did Ash ever did any postgame stuff from the games?

Only two serve my memory "Ultra beasts and Battle Frontier"

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Nope

You can go to Isle of Armor before Leon.

Another question...

Did Ash ever did any postgame stuff from the games?

Only two serve my memory "Ultra beasts and Battle Frontier"
Ultra Beasts, Battle Frontier, and now PWT/generic post-game Battle Facility.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Battle Frontier and I guess UBs(?) are the only postgame **** Ash has ever done in the anime.

Oof.

Ash has won already but the announcement of A SV Anime isn't here so Scarlet and Violet Animated miniseries here I come again.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Quaquaval is Blaziken meets Inteleon

Meowscarada is Delphox meets Decidueye

Skeledirge is Charizard meets Feraligatr meets Typhlosion meets Primarina

I'm placing my bets into Meowscarada being the MVP Starter of Gen 9

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
A bit of game spoiler:
What if Nemona is already a Champion in anime and she challenges Ash to a Team Tournament with like 5-10 best Trainers from each Region and Ash would lead Team Alola vs others with Team Paldea being the strongest. Pikachu vs Pawmot seams like a solid Rivarly.

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
What people forget about the Pokémon anime is that it's not directly funded by GameFreak or Nintendo. Rather, it's TVTokyo and lately, they've been running into animator shortage and a prioritization of other anime.

It has also become clear that Ash's journey is becoming incompatible with the games as his achievements demand bigger feats and stronger opponents (Galar advertisement is minimum and only focuses on certain highlights). Plus the fact that the English dub releases to the second most important market in the Pokémon franchise were lagging further and further behind in an age where anyone can go online and see the results.

I mean look at this:

Even the official Twitter account didn't waste time posting it because everyone is going to know anyways thanks to Twitter news.

So the anime, once a marketing force for the Pokémon games, is losing relevancy as a promotional vehicle. Ash's adventures demand him venturing away from the main plots of the game. English dub episodes are no longer in sync thanks to international release dates, leading to awkward late episodes that promote events that already long passed in the NA markets. And then you have mini-series and specials that better showcase the world of Pokémon games that the main anime couldn't. Clearly, something had to change.
The Pokemon anime in its current weekly format is not working anymore. Aside from the unsatisfactory working conditions and lack of available animators, people aren't watching shows like this anymore. Seasonal animes are king and allow for more versatility, especially for a promotional thing for Pokemon. Why would I advertise Pokemon Go three years after its peak when I can drop a lil series for it? I don't even know what they are supposed be advertising anymore. Ash got a Mega Lucario while megas aren't even a thing in the games now lol. I was shocked to see the official English account spoil this. Goes to show that even TPCI can't be bothered to synchronize stuff for the anime at this point.
Yep. YouTube series and direct to streaming are going to be the future of animated Pokemon content.
Bro, I've been saying this for a while now. All of those shorts and mini series they've been pumping out like crazy are experiments for what's to come. Regardless if Ash stays or not, this weekly format isn't gonna last forever. Something's gotta give.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y

I mean look at this:

That means the only viable way to keep a main Pokémon anime around is to either introduce a new main protagonist or an alternate universe to reboot the continuity entirely.

Otherwise, I guess cancel the main anime entirely and replace it completely with miniseries given how more viable short form content is becoming. Also would ideally have it no longer screen on TV and make it streaming-exclusive like Journeys is in the US.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.