• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
Considering story leaks from SV which I won't be mentioning here I'll just say that they have the potential to beat gen 5's story so I think a seasonal anime following the plot of the games (but with a few smaller changes) would be amazing but that will probably never happen :(

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Ash’s victory is doing the same thing Ash winning in Alola did: breaking the internet and getting goddamn news sites to talk about it. ESPN of all places did an article on it.

This is free publicity and marketing. Doing away with Ash is putting free money on the table now.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Ash’s victory is doing the same thing Ash winning in Alola did: breaking the internet and getting goddamn news sites to talk about it. ESPN of all places did an article on it.

This is free publicity and marketing. Doing away with Ash is putting free money on the table now.
So the solution seems to be to keep him around as a mentor but have a new kid as the main character. That seems to be what they were trying to do with Goh in the beginning, anyway.

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."

Not really. Ash winning the league is like Tom catching Jerry, the coyote catching the roadrunner, Elmer Fudd killing Bugs, and spongebob getting his driver's license. It's like a long running cartoon meme. Nobody outside of the anipoke community actually takes it seriously.

GarchompTheAssassin

Water starter fan

I'd be interested to know how many more things this show can do with Ash that would grab headlines to such an extent, because I can think of maybe two things max.

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Have absolutely no idea what they're gonna do after this. Sure he might not be a "Pokemon Master" yet but there's no way they can top what just happened. And most of the Scarlet/Violet stuff based on previews is still battle-focused, when we already just hit the peak of that. You can't top the moment with all the previous companions and Pokemon. All of the celebrations that are being done by Pokemon on social media enforce that. Like they're acting as if it's IRL news and airing this in trains and in Shibuya IRL.

I don't think it's unreasonable to leave the Pokemon Master goal open and ambiguous while still retiring Ash as the main character from the show. Ash can just say "there's still so many Pokemon to see out there, I want to meet them all! That's the way to be a Pokemon Master!" and leave the final episode along those lines as he runs off the sunset to continue his adventures. I really don't think they can make another goal that's as fulfilling as what happened and that can continue to carry the show, so if they want to leave it open like that, I'm perfectly fine with that as the end of the Ash saga.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Have absolutely no idea what they're gonna do after this. Sure he might not be a "Pokemon Master" yet but there's no way they can top what just happened. And most of the Scarlet/Violet stuff based on previews is still battle-focused, when we already just hit the peak of that. You can't top the moment with all the previous companions and Pokemon. All of the celebrations that are being done by Pokemon on social media enforce that. Like they're acting as if it's IRL news and airing this in trains and in Shibuya IRL.

I don't think it's unreasonable to leave the Pokemon Master goal open and ambiguous while still retiring Ash as the main character from the show. Ash can just say "there's still so many Pokemon to see out there, I want to meet them all! That's the way to be a Pokemon Master!" and leave the final episode along those lines as he runs off the sunset to continue his adventures. I really don't think they can make another goal that's as fulfilling as what happened and that can continue to carry the show, so if they want to leave it open like that, I'm perfectly fine with that as the end of the Ash saga.
And from the start it felt like naming it the Masters 8 was light signaling things as this being Ash's true ultimate challenge. There's nothing above this outside literal dimension hopping, and even then that loses some steam because it's over the top.

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Off the top of my head: catching Ho-oh, finally aging, and leaving the show.
Ash's dad reveal and fighting Giovanni/Team Rocket seem like the other big long-running loose ends that come to mind, in terms of what I think would catch even normie casuals' attention. They could also wrap some stuff like the GS Ball, but that's not as likely lol.

A time skip would also be interesting. Pokemon: The Next Generation.

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
There's nothing above this outside literal dimension hopping, and even then that loses some steam because it's over the top.
And it wouldn’t really be anything new. He’s already been to a few dimensions and has owned two dimension hoping Pokémon.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
And it wouldn’t really be anything new. He’s already been to a few dimensions and has owned two dimension hoping Pokémon.
I feel like it wouldn't be good marketing for SV if Ash like joins some multiversal tournament or something though. Even moreso than the lack of SWSH.

World Turtle

Anyone want to help me put together a bucket list for Ash?

Defeat Giovanni and Team Rocket for good (with the trio quitting and turning good)
Reunite with his Dad
Meet Ho-Oh, maybe capture it
Maybe let him go on a catching spree and have him capture whatever 'Mons they wanted to give him, but didn't make the cut over the years?

I know I'll be repeating myself, but with the National Dex hitting a 1000 Pokemon I'd really like to see them give Ash a 100 out of that 1000. That'd be 44 total btw.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Honestly, have no idea. Any battling goal now is going to be small fry compared to Ash winning to the whole PWC. Maybe Ash serving as a mentor-like role to the main character of a "traditional" Scarlet/Violet anime? Or something else entirely?

We will just have to wait and see.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Well, technically, Ash continuing in Paldea would be possible without resetting him.

According to game information, multiple trainers hold the 'champion' rank in Paldea. Even the Gym Leaders could hold the Champion rank. Ash going to Paldea, the 'region of Champions' would be a good enough motivation, I suppose. You could have him doing gyms and still reasonably lose because the gym leaders he's fighting have a Champion rank like him.

SatoSereFan224888

Well, technically, Ash continuing in Paldea would be possible without resetting him.

According to game information, multiple trainers hold the 'champion' rank in Paldea. Even the Gym Leaders could hold the Champion rank. Ash going to Paldea, the 'region of Champions' would be a good enough motivation, I suppose. You could have him doing gyms and still reasonably lose because the gym leaders he's fighting have a Champion rank like him.
But honestly I feel a new hero is a much better option now that Ash is champion of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.