• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcySealeo

It's funny to see, atleast in my country, how every news site (in my country, the most important news sites reported about that episode) write about it, and tells the overall public who doesn't watch the anime, that this is the end and Ash achieved his dream.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
It's funny to see, atleast in my country, how every news site (in my country, the most important news sites reported about that episode) write about it, and tells the overall public who doesn't watch the anime, that this is the end and Ash achieved his dream.
Lol what happened if they find out if he still is main protagonist of upcoming SV anime?

Xuxuba

It seems like Rica just made a statement reinforcing there is more to being a Pokémon Master than just being the strongest trainer. So my guess is that Ash is staying.

If that is the case, i hope the next season will pay proper attention to Paldea. Another Badge Quest would be underwhelming at this point, so i'd rather they focused on the other things from Scarlet/Violet, like the Treasure Hunt, the Titans and the lore behind Paradox pokémon (maybe they can have Ash or another character travel in time to explore these concepts). They could have an actual treasure hunt as the one in the games seems to be figurative.

I wouldn't mind the school setting if SM hadn't it done before, but if they are gonna do it again this time, i hope they do it properly. Ash doesn't need to learn about battles from some random teacher, but he can learn more about pokémon's biology, history, mythology and many other things.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
According to game information, multiple trainers hold the 'champion' rank in Paldea. Even the Gym Leaders could hold the Champion rank. Ash going to Paldea, the 'region of Champions' would be a good enough motivation, I suppose. You could have him doing gyms and still reasonably lose because the gym leaders he's fighting have a Champion rank like him.

the problem with this is that, if they are champion level trainers, then how is a rookie trainer from the region supposed to beat them?

That would also kind of mean that Ash would need to continue getting pokemon akin to how his JN's captures were handled, with some being fully evolved powerhouses from the get go.

Otherwise it would be falsified hype, like the battle frontier ended up being.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It seems like Rica just made a statement reinforcing there is more to being a Pokémon Master than just being the strongest trainer. So my guess is that Ash is staying.

If that is the case, i hope the next season will pay proper attention to Paldea. Another Badge Quest would be underwhelming at this point, so i'd rather they focused on the other things from Scarlet/Violet, like the Treasure Hunt, the Titans and the lore behind Paradox pokémon (maybe they can have Ash or another character travel in time to explore these concepts). They could have an actual treasure hunt as the one in the games seems to be figurative.

I wouldn't mind the school setting if SM hadn't it done before, but if they are gonna do it again this time, i hope they do it properly. Ash doesn't need to learn about battles from some random teacher, but he can learn more about pokémon's biology, history, mythology and many other things.
I'm wishing for Ash to be a teacher's assistant or guest teacher or something like that now that he's the strongest trainer in the world.

Redstar45

I'm wishing for Ash to be a teacher's assistant or guest teacher or something like that now that he's the strongest trainer in the world.
Maybe...but how Last Night Episode and Rica statement ....sound like to me that Satoshi is not done battling it

Spyro39

Yeah. When Ash won the Alola League, a major news outlet in my country made an article with a clickbait title saying: "Ash has finally become a Pokemon Master" lol.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Alternate take: actress publicly campaigns to keep her job.

Yes, that's a cynical take...

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
the problem with this is that, if they are champion level trainers, then how is a rookie trainer from the region supposed to beat them?
Well, Pokemon Origins demonstrated that gym leaders have a different selection of Pokemon depending on how many badges the challenger has. This is even supported by some other games, like Pokemon Black 2/White 2, where you have a gym leader like Cheren using weaker Pokemon in the gym, but in the Pokemon World Tournament, he uses high-level powerhouses, implying they have both strong Pokemon and weak Pokemon at their disposal.

So that shouldn't be an issue, imo.

SatoSereFan224888

If Ash was to continue his journey I think a YouTube series would work best instead of weekly episodes. The official Pokemon YouTube channel could upload an episode or 2 every other week.

Redstar45

She posted a clip of hyping about Ash winning and tweeted about how proud she was! I guess it's a bit of a different situation for her though.
Again! We don't know what happened next after December news

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master

Ash isn't going anywhere as the Pokémon Journey is full of infinite possibilities. Cynthia, Leon, and all the other big Pokémon Champions. They're not Pokémon Masters either and they're still pursuing their journey to become better than ever before.

And Rica loves to voice Satoshi and will seize any opprotunity to do so.

So really, it's more of a statement that Ash himself isn't going to retire from Pokémon training or journey having achieved the title of World Champion/Monarch. After all, there's no such thing as happily ever after because there's more stories and conflicts to tell in the future.

But when it comes to the main series, our viewpoint into Ash's journey, there is suspicion that it may close on us. After all, narrative have to choose when the story ends, be it an episode or a season. It can't be go on forever in a continuous format. In Journeys, we are given the Pikachu remembers Ash's entire Pokémon rooster and gains the willpower to defeat Leon's Charizard, which feels like an Avengers Endgame moment. The culmination of everything of the entire series.

So really, we should be asking if the main series will retire, not Ash and Pikachu. They'll come back whether it be as protagonists in a new different series or as guest stars for another protagonist's series.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
I'm thinking of the viability of the series going on hiatus, and in the meantime, a short miniseries is produced that leads up to the next series where everything's still the same as JN left it, but now we've got the background necessary to get a plot rolling by episode 1.

Essentially the Mega Evolution specials, except it's acting as prologue rather than running in tandem with it where Alain converged into the main series proper whenever they wanted. It lets them condense the necessary material, and the lowkey, bite-sized staggered nature of it gives them a break to recuperate, consolidate, and get ready to go again.

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I'm thinking of the viability of the series going on hiatus, and in the meantime, a short miniseries is produced that leads up to next series where everything's still the same as JN left it, but now we've got the background necessary to get a plot rolling by episode 1.

Essentially the Mega Evolution specials, except it's acting as prologue rather than running in tandem with it where Alain converged into the main series proper whenever they wanted. It lets them condense the necessary material, and the lowkey, bite-sized staggered nature of it gives them a break to recuperate, consolidate, and get ready to go again.
That’s an interesting possibility. It could also allow them to transition out of being a weekly anime or change distribution models.

BrazilianPokeBr

Ash returning, but will disputate the 'Supercup Pokemon' at Paldea, into the PWC Champion x The Elite 4 Champion.
Will have a another two new partners: Iono(Electric Gym) and a another region People.

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
If we're just going to have Ash return in Paldea and the only people who's allowed to beat him is Getta and possibly the Elite Four then no thank you. This means either he's going to steamroll the competition or once again for the third time (including Trial Captains in this) the Gym Leaders will be ignored. I really hope they correct this because a major problem in the Tomiysau era is heavily sidelining game location and characters.
There's not much of a way to really correct it unless Ash is just like a teacher/mentor.

Status
Not open for further replies.