• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Yeah I'm sold on the idea of having Ash as a teacher of some kind if the school thing comes back

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Meanwhile Judai never lost another duel in Yugioh GX since his match against Edo's actual deck in the early stages of Season 2. Show went on for another 2 1/2 seasons anyway by exploring his internal struggles and his waning love for the game brought about by supernatural phenomena that endangered his friends as they too tried to find their place in the world.

Sure, Ash has peaked as a battler (that we know of), and there's only one way to go after a peak. But it's not good to leave him there at the summit like that; I thought we moved on from the Red comparisons =P

Last edited:

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Meanwhile Judai never lost another duel in Yugioh GX since his match against Edo's actual deck in the early stages of Season 2. Show went on for another 2 1/2 seasons anyway by exploring his internal struggles and his waning love for the game brought about by supernatural phenomena that endangered his friends as they too tried to find their place in the world.
Not much you can do something like that for Ash. He's just a kid that battles with pokemon.

World Turtle

I kind of wonder if Gen 9/SV anime will be like a "post-game" storyline where Ash deals with various loose ends or side quests of the last 25 years (his Dad, TR and Giovanni, Ho-Oh) while dealing with whatever Legendary and Evil Team shenanigans are going on in Paldea?

Like maybe he tries to figure out what to do next now that he's reached the top?

Maybe the final year before Gen 10 (which depending if SV is 3 or 4 years would be the 30th Anniversary) a Passing of the Torch where Ash (the Past) hands the reigns of MC over to a new kid (the Future)

I kind of wonder if Gen 9/SV anime will be like a "post-game" storyline where Ash deals with various loose ends or side quests of the last 25 years (his Dad, TR and Giovanni, Ho-Oh) while dealing with whatever Legendary and Evil Team shenanigans are going on in Paldea?

Like maybe he tries to figure out what to do next now that he's reached the top?

Maybe the final year before Gen 10 (which depending if SV is 3 or 4 years would be the 30th Anniversary) a Passing of the Torch where Ash (the Past) hands the reigns of MC over to a new kid (the Future)
And then Ash and Serena get together

Trillion

episode 135's title has only brought on more confusion lol

but i've been thinking about the possibility of whatever comes next being chronicles-style, following different characters. i have ideas of what ash could do for a next series but idk if it'd be enough to carry an entire series. with something along the line of chronicles, they won't have to discontinue ash. and figuring out what to do with him for an entire series becomes a non-issue

this also expounds on two of the main things they said they wanted to focus on when journeys started:
1) not focusing on a specific region, but instead promoting the franchise as a whole
2) being able to just jump in and watch the show without necessarily having to have seen the previous episode

a lot of stories can still be told. we could still have ash episodes. but we could also have episodes focusing on what clemont and bonnie have been up to, for example. we could even get an episode on how tobias obtained his action replay darkrai and latios

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!

I guess thar axes the chances of the anime getting a continuity reboot and using an AU Satoshi and unless Rica is talking about her personal headcanon and/or this is just a general reply I'm not sure what they'll do with him other than just go full DBZ and keep raising the power ceiling. Champion-tier classes in Paldea school?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Well, Pokemon Origins demonstrated that gym leaders have a different selection of Pokemon depending on how many badges the challenger has. This is even supported by some other games, like Pokemon Black 2/White 2, where you have a gym leader like Cheren using weaker Pokemon in the gym, but in the Pokemon World Tournament, he uses high-level powerhouses, implying they have both strong Pokemon and weak Pokemon at their disposal.

That's kind of the problem though, we're talking about Gym Leaders here, if you try to make champions the same as them, that only devalues there status as "champion" even more which is something i've seen already seen people show dislike about as it is with how they feel of JN's handling of "Champions."

I can see a couple of them being that tough (the ice guy for sure), but all 8 is abit much.

I'm thinking of the viability of the series going on hiatus, and in the meantime, a short miniseries is produced that leads up to the next series where everything's still the same as JN left it, but now we've got the background necessary to get a plot rolling by episode 1.

There's one problem with this, if the show goes on Hiatus, will it be able to get it's spot back on TV?

If we're just going to have Ash return in Paldea and the only people who's allowed to beat him is Getta and possibly the Elite Four then no thank you. This means either he's going to steamroll the competition or once again for the third time (including Trial Captains in this) the Gym Leaders will be ignored. I really hope they correct this because a major problem in the Tomiysau era is heavily sidelining game location and characters.

I wouldn't really care if Ash lost with pokemon he just caught like one of the new starters, but after yesterday's episode Pikachu at the very least would require opponents of high caliber at the least to make it going down seem plausible at this point going forward, even giving everyone a ground type wouldn't be enough.

This ain't like unova, we all know how bad that reset was, but even then Pikachu's only feats in the sinnoh league before it got reset so bad were beating Paul's Froslass, and barely drawing with a Latios.

Yesterday we saw Pikachu fight and take down both a rabbit with op type changing powers and the most op charizard ever conceived in this show, and despite the species being my favorite pokemon over all, I was so happy to see Leon's go down, add in the sheer emotion and intensity factors from the fight and it makes you ask how do you just simply "reset" Pikachu again after something like that?

Unless the plan on rebooting the show or switching to AU Ash, Pikachu at the very least can not be reset again without it being potentially being seen as a huge negative factor going forward, maybe not to you but there are others who would see it that way.

Again Ash using new pokemon and losing is one thing, but Peakachu would need opponents of high caliber to go down.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

This totally confirms Ash is a Pokémon Master. Guess it's time to start saying goodbye.
I didn't realise it until now but DAMN that tweet has almost HALF A MILLION LIKES wth bro
Yeah TPCI definitely made a better decision revealing it asap this time around lmao
Also LOVE that a random tweet from another person which shows the full 10 minute battle of Ash vs Leon on Twitter has 100K likes!!!!
Bro Ash literally blew up Twitter, it's insane

Absolutely!! TR and Dawn need a proper conclusion for me to feel finally all major plot threads dangling are closed off enough for a proper finale of Ash's time as a Protagonist
May too. She should have won a Grand Festival.
And also Serena and Ash being together

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.

ShuckFam

May too. She should have won a Grand Festival.
And also Serena and Ash being together
What if Ash had multiple wives, with one of them being Serena? Polygamous relationships could easily be a thing in Pokemon. Ash has a dad running around somewhere but Delia and Oak are almost definitely an item as well. Hell, Tracey might even be involved...

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
What if Ash had multiple wives, with one of them being Serena? Polygamous relationships could easily be a thing in Pokemon. Ash has a dad running around somewhere but Delia and Oak are almost definitely an item as well. Hell, Tracey might even be involved...
Again Pokemon based some logic of real world but slowly dripping itself into modern fantasy that had similar modernization society but with magical creatures walking on their own Earth everyday......anything Is possible there

Status
Not open for further replies.