• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatoSereFan224888

Does not matter if writers or someone in higher up wanted him back then he back
Bringing Ash to Paldea would be a mistake. A new hero fits Paldea much better than Ash.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Bringing Ash to Paldea would be a mistake. A new hero fits Paldea much better than Ash.
Did I said it would make any sense? No !? If they have their own way then he be back ! No but or if about it !

SatoSereFan224888

As long as he is there specifically as some kind of teacher or mentor or revolutionary role that fully shows his status in the world.
Honestly it’s best SV focuses on a new hero while Ash becomes a teacher in another region besides Paldea.
Did I said it would make any sense? No !? If they have their own way then he be back ! No but or if about it !
I think they’ll only keep Ash because of Sarah. The US division of TPCi seems to have to more pull than Japan. The US is 3 times larger than Japan population wise.

Redstar45

Honestly it’s best SV focuses on a new hero while Ash becomes a teacher in another region besides Paldea.

I think they’ll only keep Ash because of Sarah. The US division of TPCi seems to have to more pull than Japan. The US is 3 times larger than Japan population wise.
Again it is more do with Olm and Shopro in Japanese that have a desires then Tpci in Here in the western world

Guy100

As long as he is there specifically as some kind of teacher or mentor or revolutionary role that fully shows his status in the world.
I think the role of Revolutionary will be fitting position Ash could play as a central character in the Gen 9. I dont see Ash being a teacher since Ash himself feels he has alot to learn.

As a revolutionary, I think Ash playing a key role in influencing the Paldea professors to make concept the title of Pokemon Master a reality, if it turns out to be something of a child like imagination, would make the most sense in my opinion for why Ash would needs to be in Paldea.

The writers could introduce the story concept of a new trainer starting out their journey with Ash also playing a role in revolutionizing the pokemon world, by inspiring the world leaders or researchers to create a new ranking title (Pokemon Master) for Pokemon trainers by introducing a new tournament that would enable the best trainers to compete for the title to become a Pokemon Master. Heck, I believe even Ho-oh may play role in helping to support Ash's dream by showing up to the Pokemon Masters tournament to light the stadium flame to show support.

SatoSereFan224888

I think the role of Revolutionary will be fitting position Ash could play as a central character in the Gen 9. I dont see Ash being a teacher since Ash himself feels he has alot to learn.

As a revolutionary, I think Ash playing a key role in influencing the Paldea professors to make concept the title of Pokemon Master a reality, if it turns out to be something of a child like imagination, would make the most sense in my opinion for why Ash would needs to be in Paldea.

The writers could introduce the story concept of a new trainer starting out their journey with Ash also playing a role in revolutionizing the pokemon world, by inspiring the world leaders or researchers to create a new ranking title (Pokemon Master) for Pokemon trainers by introducing a new tournament that would enable the best trainers to compete for the title to become a Pokemon Master. Heck, I believe even Ho-oh may play role in helping to support Ash's dream by showing up to the Pokemon Masters tournament to light the stadium flame to show support.
I feel the SV anime would be better off with a new hero. Ash will be mentioned but won’t be featured much. As for him being a revolutionary, I don’t see him fitting that archetype. I don’t see Ash being someone who sets up a tournament. However I feel Ash’s journey seems like it’s ending here in Journeys.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I feel the SV anime would be better off with a new hero. Ash will be mentioned but won’t be featured much. As for him being a revolutionary, I don’t see him fitting that archetype. I don’t see Ash being someone who sets up a tournament. However I feel Ash’s journey seems like it’s ending here in Journeys.
Yeah. I believe that if they wanted to continue with the traditional formula they would not have done Journeys at all. Instead they would have made a Galar-centric saga like they did in the past, where Ash competes in the Galar Gyms using a Galar-only team (aside from Pikachu of course) and competes in the Galar League at the end. Instead, they chose to throw the formula of the past right out the window with Journeys and now there's no going back without either a new protagonist or a hard reboot.

MunchMunch

I actually felt like Journeys went back to the old formula tbh minus the Pokemon Ash caught.

You could say a lot about Sun and Moon but it really does feel different from the rest of the anime.

Redstar45

I actually felt like Journeys went back to the old formula tbh minus the Pokemon Ash caught.

You could say a lot about Sun and Moon but it really does feel different from the rest of the anime.
Sort but remember Go is here and did change lots of things in anime

Niormon

but having been shown the most latest interview involving Mr. Yuyuma addressing Ash's goal of being a Pokemon Master
You mean the same interview that address how Goh is also the same as ash they way Gen 9 is set up with two Legendary pokemon being ride Pokemon is perfect set up for them being there, You really think there just gonna have Ash go alone?

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Honestly if Ash was to travel to and explore Paldea he should travel the region by himself. Also I don’t want him enrolling at the school.
Besides utter contempt for character interactions, the concept of friendship, and shipping, do you have any good reason as to why we should have Ash be the only character in screen with no interaction with another soul as part of the supporting cast whatsoever?

ShadowForce720

Journeys was pretty different too from the other series.

Journeys didn’t go back to the old formula.

Had Journeys actually returned to the old formula then the following would have happened:

- Ash would be trapped in Galar for gen 8
- Ash would be traveling with at least 2 traveling companions.
- Team Rocket Trio would each have their own personal Mon that they captured and used throughout the series.
- Ash would be doing the badge quest to participate in the Galar League

And this it without mentioning the changes that would have occurred to his team.

The old formula is pretty much dead at this point, and any new series after the current one is just likely going to introduce even more changes.

MunchMunch

Journeys was pretty different too from the other series.

Journeys didn’t go back to the old formula.

Had Journeys actually returned to the old formula then the following would have happened:

- Ash would be trapped in Galar for gen 8
- Ash would be traveling with at least 2 traveling companions.
- Team Rocket Trio would each have their own personal Mon that they captured and used throughout the series.
- Ash would be doing the badge quest to participate in the Galar League

And this it without mentioning the changes that would have occurred to his team.

The old formula is pretty much dead at this point, and any new series after the current one is just likely going to introduce even more changes.

• In AG, OS and BW, he wasn't just stuck to Unova, Kanto and Hoenn. They traveled to other places, technically.
  • Ash did travel with two people, Goh and Chloe.
  • Team Rocket still had their own personal Pokemon, despite the lack of captures.
  • He didn't do the badge quest for the Battle Frointer or Alola Region

I get what you're saying, but to me, those patterns were already broken long ago. What I'm saying by the old formula, is that Journeys episodes just felt like old episodes of prior series, whereas Sun and Moon the plots felt fresher due to the school/slice of life setting. Alot of Journeys episodes could've taken place in the older series, whereas Sun and Moon plot's felt more unique despite feeling like the most school based plots.

Redstar45

Gingertail24

Anyone saying anything is dead is just pure speculation. Let's be honest, if they wanted to the old formula gym badge they absolutely can. Each series is primarily for new fans. You think kids are gonna care about the "old formula being dead".

Redstar45

Anyone saying anything is dead is just pure speculation. Let's be honest, if they wanted to the old formula gym badge they absolutely can. Each series is primarily for new fans. You think kids are gonna care about the "old formula being dead".
Some one here get it .

SatoSereFan224888

Yeah. I believe that if they wanted to continue with the traditional formula they would not have done Journeys at all. Instead they would have made a Galar-centric saga like they did in the past, where Ash competes in the Galar Gyms using a Galar-only team (aside from Pikachu of course) and competes in the Galar League at the end. Instead, they chose to throw the formula of the past right out the window with Journeys and now there's no going back without either a new protagonist or a hard reboot.
A hard reboot I think would upset a vast majority of fans. A new protagonist would freshen up the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.