• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johtoo

If Ash is truly gone then I feel whoever replaces him won't be as battle obsessed as he is

Pokemon as a franchise has been slowly moving away from being a trainer battle focused-rpg

When Ash was created it was basically all there was to the games and they couldn't change his character mid-show

I wouldn't be surprised if the new anime only treats trainer battles as an afterthought and focuses on uncovering mysteries or stopping an evil plot

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
If Ash is truly gone then I feel whoever replaces him won't be as battle obsessed as he is

Pokemon as a franchise has been slowly moving away from being a trainer battle focused-rpg

When Ash was created it was basically all there was to the games and they couldn't change his character mid-show

I wouldn't be surprised if the new anime only treats trainer battles as an afterthought and focuses on uncovering mysteries or stopping an evil plot
Although if they are adapting SV two of the three paths still focus on trainer battles.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill

I would love this. Not being so tied down to a battling goal could widen up the storytelling possibilities and would be a great chance to have a more focused, deliberate, “anime-like” plot. Lillie was a refreshing example in terms of character; her goal about finding her father being established only after spending the whole series developing and overcoming her trauma + reconciling with her family was excellent. In many respects she felt more real than many other main companions and it was precisely because her ‘goal’ and struggles felt so human.

With recent stories like PLA and apparently SV being a cut above I would appreciate the quality being carried over to the anime. Trainer battles assisting the plot and not the plot being built around battles would be both helpful to the narrative and differentiate a new protagonist from Ash

Niormon

Anyone saying anything is dead is just pure speculation. Let's be honest, if they wanted to the old formula gym badge they absolutely can. Each series is primarily for new fans. You think kids are gonna care about the "old formula being dead".
if they wanted to do the old formula back they would have many opportunities to do it to do it but choose not to, think about that for a second.

MunchMunch

if they wanted to do the old formula back they would have many times to do it but choose not to, think about that for a second.
I mean they still kept it with the Island Trials and PWC episodes. He just didn't get a badge but earned something else.

Niormon

I mean they still kept it with the Island Trials and PWC episodes. He just didn't get a badge but earned something else.
Even the island stuff wasn't anything like the games and in JN Ash only battle two gym leaders from Gen 8 and rankings aren't the same as badges that comes off as straw man argument no offense.

edit the peldea Format to me really Works for another Ash and Goh story mostly because the legandary pokemon is tied to the player character so I can see both legendary pokemon being in the show and its super clear which ones Ash and Goh would get

MunchMunch

Even the island stuff wasn't anything like the games and in JN Ash only battle two gym leaders from Gen 8 and rankings aren't the same as badges that comes off as straw man argument no offense.
I guess but to me, Gym Battles, PWC Battles and Kahuna battles are all the same. Battle, get some sort of "token" at the end. Wake me up when Ash does something that isn't that. To me, that's something different, and at least breaking the formula.

And the Island Trials did follow the games to an extent, they just got changed to only needing to complete at least one trial to battle a Kahuana.

Gingertail24

if they wanted to do the old formula back they would have many opportunities to do it to do it but choose not to, think about that for a second.
Ok???. You genuinely think the writers are incapable of ever using the old formula again?

All I said if they decide to do badge quest. Literally nothing is stopping them. No matter what a bunch of random people on this forum think

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Ok???. You genuinely think the writers are incapable of ever using the old formula again?

All I said if they decide to do badge quest. Literally nothing is stopping them. No matter what a bunch of random people on this forum think
It's just they moved too far beyond the old formula and wrote themselves into a corner. There's only two ways they can go back to the old formula. The first is to basically replace Ash with a brand new character, and the second is to completely hard reboot the entire anime, scrapping all the past 25 years worth of characters and stories and send Ash all the way back to the very beginning of his journey.

Niormon

Your right about this no matter what we say its up to the writers in the end

Noy

the peldea Format to me really Works for another Ash and Goh story mostly because the legandary pokemon is tied to the player character so I can see both legendary pokemon being in the show and its super clear which ones Ash and Goh would get
So Ash in post-apocalyptic biker attire (spikes and everything,) and Goh in a in Blade Runner gear?

Gingertail24

It's just they moved too far beyond the old formula and wrote themselves into a corner. There's only two ways they can go back to the old formula. The first is to basically replace Ash with a brand new character, and the second is to completely hard reboot the entire anime, scrapping all the past 25 years worth of characters and stories and send Ash all the way back to the very beginning of his journey.
Or there is another way. Continuing Ash in the old formula and he do the gyms or maybe he is allowed straight into the champion rank. Just because user on this forum limit themselves doesn't mean the writers do

And listen. I'm all for a new MC. I just don't like how people here are talking like it's an absolute fact that the old formula is gone forever. Like it's all speculation

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Or there is another way. Continuing Ash in the old formula and he do the gyms or maybe he is allowed straight into the champion rank. Just because user on this forum limit themselves doesn't mean the writers do

And listen. I'm all for a new MC. I just don't like how people here are talking like it's an absolute fact that the old formula is gone forever. Like it's all speculation
If they were going to continue with the old formula then they would have never even made Journeys at all.

ShadowForce720

Yes but you have to admit that them just completely reverting back to the old formula is not a likely outcome here.

As don’t forget they could have easily reverted back to the old formula in gen 8 but they chose not to.

Heck if you look at it each successive Pokémon series has made more and more changes so in all likelihood a successor series to the current series is likely going to make even more changes.

I mean heck notice how BW(Gen 5) was the last time Ash had a Water, Grass, Fire type, and regional bird all on the same team.

X&Y: Ash didn’t catch a Grass type and instead of having a traditional Fire type his regional bird served double duty as his Fire type and regional bird.

Sun&Moon: Ash didn’t catch the regional bird nor did he catch a Water type, on top of that he officially caught a mythical Pokémon and a Ultra Beast, and even had a legendary mascot Pokémon being his Solegaleo nicknamed Nebby that he raised as a Cosmog.

Journeys: Didn’t catch a current gen starters nor did he catch a regional bird, Fire type, or even a Grass type, and wound up catching some past gen Pokémon and even got a fossil Pokémon and Mega Evolved one of his Pokémon.

Obviously there were other changes. So while it’s not impossible that they could go back to the old formula it is pretty unlikely that they would revert back to the old formula.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I just don't like how people here are talking like it's an absolute fact that the old formula is gone forever. Like it's all speculation

Yet your acting in the same way by believing the old formula will come back with your own certainty, despite claiming it's speculation.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Yeah people acting like something is impossible because they don’t want it to happen is why discussing this goes in circles.
Yet you’re acting in the same way by believing the old formula will come back with your own certainty, despite claiming it's speculation.
They’re literally not? Their whole point is that nothing is impossible and that it could come back not that they want it back or that it has to come back. None of their posts have been definitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.