• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

SatoSereFan224888

Rather see a timeskip after JN and have Ash aged up to a teenager. From a logistical point of view, making him 13-15 will strike a right balance that retains the tone, yet gives him more avenues to develop fitting for his age without the age stagnation curse, and they won't even have to worry about other game related characters considering that it won't be that big an adjustment for them (most of the game characters are teens already, or have them be one in subsequent games).
I’d rather Ash with his age being at least 20 years old. He doesn’t travel anymore. He’s now a teacher who teaches basic skills to kids who are just about to start their journeys before they reach 10 years old. He’s married to Serena and have twins Luna & Kevin who are based off the default protagonist looks from Sun & Moon. He and Serena live on the outskirts of Lumiose City. Basically he’s passing what he’s learned in his adventures to the next generation of trainers.

SatoSereFan224888

In Seriousness, Whoever is the next protagonist will probably not be Goh Or Chloe, but rather an OC.
Agree but I’d like to see Florian as the protagonist for SV. He’d travel by himself but Arven would join him once in a while. Not sure which starter he would choose but he would get all 3. Nemona would be his rival.

Rune Knight

Now that Scarlet and Violet are officially out, here is my personal wish-list for Ash's potential Gen IX team; beware of game spoilers anyway!

Pikachu
Growlithe -> Arcanine
Larvitar -> Pupitar -> Tyranitar (same that Larvitar he befriended in Johto)
Tinkatink -> Tinkatuff -> Tinkaton
Primeape -> Annihilape (same Primeape that he caught)
A yet to be revealed Gen IX Pokémon (like for future DLC/Games)

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
I’d rather Ash with his age being at least 20 years old. He doesn’t travel anymore. He’s now a teacher who teaches basic skills to kids who are just about to start their journeys before they reach 10 years old. He’s married to Serena and have twins Luna & Kevin who are based off the default protagonist looks from Sun & Moon. He and Serena live on the outskirts of Lumiose City. Basically he’s passing what he’s learned in his adventures to the next generation of trainers.
man

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Quaquaval doesn't seem like something I could see Ash using but this show has surprised me before

Skeledirge would be a good match for him but I get the feeling that Fuecoco might get hit with the "marketable base stage" syndrome

So that leaves Meowscarada. It could be a good match for Ash and it's even somewhat feminine in appearance in appearance so it could also feel like a refreshing change of pace

Red and Blue

If Ash misses out on the water starter again there is still
the Dolphin superhero.
That Pokemon totally feels like an Ash mon

The new snow leopard looks sick

ZarudeSandstorm

Lmaoooooo I’m sorry but this is without a doubt the worst generation of Pokémon designs. This is coming from someone who loves the Gen 5 and 7 Pokédexes and has never seen the problems people seem to have with them from a design standpoint. But good lord….let’s just say I’d be more than okay with Ash continuing to catch older generation Pokémon instead
Let's be real, if you saw Gen 1 and 2 designs in 2020's and you saw Gen 9 design in 1990's you would say the same thing.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I can see Ash moving onto Paldea whilst still retaining the Master's 8 and PWC progression (albeit slightly more in the background). Make him a teaching assistant whose doing research in Paldea at the behest of Cerise or the Paldean Professors (who went missing) and he ends up taking on the local gym challenge using a new team of rookies. His companion(s) can take on the Titans and Team Rocket can try to act as mentors to the disenfranchised Team Star (who maybe just want to laze around and be delinquents whilst the Trio think they could do better). Have some overlap between all 3 - Ash gets sent to deal with the local Team Star base and runs into Team Rocket trying to get them more organised, or maybe all parties run into a Titan that's causing problems and there's an episode dealing with that. Ash can still lose due to a weaker team, Terestal being new to him and unfamiliarity with the new Pokemon but he retains World Champion status and acts as more of a mentor / teacher to new trainers (and maybe inspires them to take part in the PWC).

Then you could have mini-arcs where Ash has to go back to x region to take on his latest challenger in the Master's 8, like how Leon fought Raihan and Flint at various points. You could have an Oak's episode where Ash's newbies interact with his older roster and maybe learn new moves / receive development, and then Ash uses his reserves (not just the Journeys team) in his Master's 8 matches. Could make it a thing like they did when the Alola gang went to Kanto? Then at the end of the series when the game's story dies down you could have another big Master's 8 tournament where Ash has to fight his way up to the top again against new opponents - maybe this time he fights Diantha and Lance, and also trainers from Paldea have made it in like Geeta or Nemona? Could be fun.

If Ash was to get a fresh Paldea-only team I'd give him:

1. Pikachu - duh, it's his starter. Watch it have the Flying-type Terestal to match the event Pikachu we get, maybe it'll learn Fly / Floaty Fall / Tera Blast to go alongside it? I don't know what you'd replace on it's moveset though...
  2. Dudunsparce or Scream Tail - for the memes! How many times has Ash tried to capture a Dunsparce? Twice I think? Third time's the charm and what better time than when it can evolve! Scream Tail is honestly because someone should probably own a Paradox Pokemon to show how they're just like regular Pokemon, and it's a homage to the recurring Jigglypuff we see across the series. Plus it gives Ash his first Psychic and Fairy type (Mr. Mime doesn't really count since he used it once).
  3. Armarouge - the Pokedex mentions how loyal it is and I think it suits Ash pretty well? Plus it's another Psychic type which is a type Ash hasn't really used before, but we saw the beginnings of in Mr. Mime and Gengar to some extent. Ceruledge is cool but not as fitting I don't think, same with Skeledirge. Charcadet could have plenty of interesting mini-arcs culminating in evolution.
  4. Quaquaval - Ash should have a starter this region, and whilst you can make a case for any of the 3 provided... I think Quaxly works best. Fuecoco is also a good choice but I don't think Skeledirge works for him (but I may be biased because I'm not a huge fan of it)? Quaquaval has Blaziken vibes and lots of people say Ash should've had one, so gimme a flamboyant dancing duck fighter!
  5. Kilowattrel - Ash always has something that can fly on his team, and this is the only thing I think suits him in that manner (that or Squawkabilly). It would also be his first Electric type that isn't Pikachu which is neat!
  6. Garganacl - it has friendly goliath vibes and I think Ash could befriend it quite easily. This is the filler spot though so anything goes - Cetitan, Skeledirge, Dudunsparce / Scream Tail, Cyclizar and Houndstone could all work too I reckon.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So now that games are out

Have you all met Meowscarada, Skeledirge and Quaquaval yet?
I NEED Quaxly for Goh if he continues and Quaquaval would be such a good fit for him
For Ash I see Skeledirge more probable for him than Mewoscarada tbh, but I dont want him to get another fire starter, esp since his mons will probably evolve. Id rather Ash not get any Paldean starters again tbh
Also could see Meowscarada going to Chloe is she continues
Lmaoooooo I’m sorry but this is without a doubt the worst generation of Pokémon designs. This is coming from someone who loves the Gen 5 and 7 Pokédexes and has never seen the problems people seem to have with them from a design standpoint. But good lord….let’s just say I’d be more than okay with Ash continuing to catch older generation Pokémon instead
I both agree and disagree with this, my initial reaction to seeing them was this but as I see gameplays im warming up more to them, and will properly judge when I play the game myself on December 2nd (Yeah need to wait till then sadly coz of college exams ;/)
They seem to be growing on me, hope the anime helps with that
Rather see a timeskip after JN and have Ash aged up to a teenager. From a logistical point of view, making him 13-15 will strike a right balance that retains the tone, yet gives him more avenues to develop fitting for his age without the age stagnation curse, and they won't even have to worry about other game related characters considering that it won't be that big an adjustment for them (most of the game characters are teens already, or have them be one in subsequent games).
I see zero chance of Ash aging up tbh if he continues in Paldea simply coz the MCs seem aged down as proper 10 year olds again for the games

raisus_77

Now, after watching and experiencing how buggy everything is in the game, I wonder if that part about Journeys ending way later, with a lot more episodes yet according to TPCi, was true. I mean. What if the game and the new series were supposed to launch together like always, but in a later date, in early 2023? But TPCi decided they wanted the new game for Christmas instead, so they told them to release it way before it was supposed, when Journeys wasn't finished yet.

Guy100

I get the feeling that a fair amount of the Gen 9 lore will get shafted in the next upcoming anime story arc, like how Gen 8 was; little to no involvement of gym leaders, small story plots with the legendaries, and a battle with the regional champion.

I'm okay with the idea of Ash continuing to travel the world, while making stops in newer regions like gen 9. I dont see a point in stagnating him to one region, especially seeing how gen 9 was not had less promotional compared to other previous gen games.

However, I think the new pokemon anime arc will let gen 9 play a pivotal part in the series climax.

As for new pokemon for Ash, I strongly suspect that he will be given a team of legendary and mythical pokemon. I can see the scenario of Ash challengng and capturing rouge legendaries and mythical pokemon. I really dont see a need for him to have a starter pokemon since Ash is now a world champion and is no longer starting out on a new training quest just to compete in a regional league tournament.

Catching legendaries ., meeting Ho-Oh, and working his way to being a true pokemon master is the next big thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.