• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy100

wouldn't doing one of the most criticized aspects of Journeys again be bad for a show that's basically an advertisement?
I wouldn't think it would be bad advertising, seeing how Gen 9 was hardly marketed enough like the previous Gen games. That speaks alot volume that the anime will no longer just focus attention one region and instead promote all the regions.

I think both gamefreak and the anime team realize that fans want to be reminded of the other regions and the pokemon, which is the reason why many older gen pokemon have returned in previous games and in the new series. A perfect example, is how Ash in the journey series was given a team of old gen and new gen pokemon, which catapulted alot fans to watch the journey's arc after realizing older gen pokemon would return.

I still remember how the pokemon twitter went up when fans saw Ash catching a Dragonite. That feedback pretty much confirmed that re-visitng old gens was a very marketable move. The fact that Pokemon has been an ongoing franchise for so long with pratically over 1,000 monsters, makes all the most sense for the company to re-introduce older gen and while promoting newer ones in the anime by having Ash travel the world.

If they want to promote the new gen, all the anime has to do is introduce a new character and use them to promote the new generation like they did with Goh, while focusing on Ash revisitng the older and new pokemon via legendaries and mythical pokemon.

Bruh, Will Pokemon Anime ever do yet another Journeys situation when it comes to Paldea? I doubt it.

It's honestly gotta not be another Promotion ever again so let paldea region have focus this time.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I mean, if you want me to be frank, some aspects of Journeys can continue on like visiting other regions. But just not as much and will still almost entirely be Paldea focused.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I'm HOPING they get rid of the Journeys aspect so badly. I love Arven and Nemona already and they definitely are up there in terms of rivals/companions. Bede, Marnie and Hop got done terribly. Hoping this a sign this series is ending since they're concluding everything

Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I want Ash and Nemona as the main point of the series. Both being Champions and starting with a new Team bar starter Pikachu and Pawmi (or one of its evos).

I can totally see Ash with a Charcadet.

World Turtle

I want Ash and Nemona as the main point of the series. Both being Champions and starting with a new Team bar starter Pikachu and Pawmi (or one of its evos).

I can totally see Ash with a Charcadet.
I'd love it if Nemona was the companion or main rival. I haven't played the game yet but I like what I'm hearing about her.

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I'm HOPING they get rid of the Journeys aspect so badly. I love Arven and Nemona already and they definitely are up there in terms of rivals/companions. Bede, Marnie and Hop got done terribly. Hoping this a sign this series is ending since they're concluding everything
I love pretty much all of SV's characters, all of them were given endearing personalities, I'd hate for them to be shafted

Broseph08

TBH there's some cool Pokemon but this gen has a lot more 'wackier' designs. I think Ash could end up with one of those a la Dracovish so I'd say the Dolphin superhero Pokemon is a good choice. After that, I wouldn't mind if they gave Ash some older Pokemon like they did in Journeys. It'd be cool to see him with a Tyranitar, Gallade/Gardevoir, Dunsparce, or even Corviknight since he missed one in Galar

World Turtle

maybe they should just go nuts and give Ash 17 Pokemon with each one covering a different type (Pikachu of course covers Electric).

Crazy? Yes, but IF this turns out to be Ash's last hurrah... I say go for it.

And of course it'd be a multi-regional team so let's make Larvitar an official capture and he'd of course check off the Rock-type spot.

I know how unlikely this is, but I enjoy the game I've made out of it where I pick one Pokemon of each type to give Ash.

DuskAstral

So in Gen 7 it was Solgaleo, in Gen 8 it was Zacian, who do you think Ash will be paired with in Gen 9? Koraidon or Miraidon?
Somehow I don't see Satoshi constantly moving around on Koraidon or Miraidon.
As far as I know, he prefers to travel on foot.

If he were to be paired with either of them, it would only be for a short time.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
So in Gen 7 it was Solgaleo, in Gen 8 it was Zacian, who do you think Ash will be paired with in Gen 9? Koraidon or Miraidon?
Ironically….both actually fit the vibe for him.

But I think Koraidon just barely edges out.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So um,
Not really a major spoiler either
But Geeta after you beat the fourth or fifth gym badge is properly introduced by Nemona who's a Champion in the games at the beginning, and she says that Geeta is even greater, La Primera, No. 1 and champion among champions, the "Top Champion".
Does that well, remind you of anyone ELSE who might have obtained that title recently?
The World champion going against the Top champion amongs all champions in Paldea feels like a nice next challenge for Ash
I honestly see Ash staying for next gen tbh at this point, and probably being given a position by Clavell

Pokemon Power

Poliwag is the mascot for Amourshipping…
If SV has Ash Goh and Chloe AGAIN then I would quit the show
Hey, Gen 2 had Ash, Misty and Brock for a second time. I know it was before they had an understanding on how to change the group each generation, but it wouldn't be the first time they chose to have Ash's group be the same for two generations straight.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Hey, Gen 2 had Ash, Misty and Brock for a second time. I know it was before they had an understanding on how to change the group each generation, but it wouldn't be the first time they chose to have Ash's group be the same for two generations straight.
Although in that case Johto directly connected to Kanto so it made sense.

Durrendal

Yeah but those two are much more likeable and can be reused. Meanwhile journeys has ...goh.

Status
Not open for further replies.