• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
hm thinking about it now...Arven and Nemona would fit very well as companions for Ash. Even has some bit of remnant of pre-XY companions, got the battle girl and the cook that Nemona and Arven coincidentally fit in respectively :d

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
hm thinking about it now...Arven and Nemona would fit very well as companions for Ash. Even has some bit of remnant of pre-XY companions, got the battle girl and the cook that Nemona and Arven coincidentally fit in respectively :d
As they're rivals, I find them being companions highly unlikely because of the fact that they (especially Nemona) have the same goal as Ash, and it would be boring to have to watch each Gym be challenged twice.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
I still can't believe most of the Galar gym leaders got more screen time in an 8 episode mini series than the actual main show. Like who thought we needed the Marshtomp and Diglett episodes instead of seeing these popular characters???? I don't see how anyone can justify that decision.

Ash and Dunsparce have had a Tom and Jerry kind of relationship for years now. If he goes to Paldea, then Dudunsparce should be on his team. Imagine a mini arc of him struggling to catch a Dunsparce, only to finally get it and realize that it evolves into basically the same thing.
If only Dunsparce's evolution could be that serpent-dragon, like the many fanart designs over the years. Dudunsparce just feels dudumb. However, really hoping for Ash to reunite with Primeape and evolve him into an Annihilape.

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."

Sham

The Guardian of War
I know people hate when somebody does not grovel at their golden boy but imagine giving us a Nemona constantly arguing with Ash over who’s the better trainer or being arrogant since she’s too Champion ranked. Add along Arven as our broody male cook companion.

Idk who asked for Pokegirls to be passive most of the time, not engaging in battling most of the time and just hold plushies but we need a female companion to seem like his equal again.

Psajdak

I know people hate when somebody does not grovel at their golden boy but imagine giving us a Nemona constantly arguing with Ash over who’s the better trainer or being arrogant since she’s too Champion ranked. Add along Arven as our broody male cook companion.

Idk who asked for Pokegirls to be passive most of the time, not engaging in battling most of the time and just hold plushies but we need a female companion to seem like his equal again.
Because that kind of behaviour, even for fictional characters, is very outdated nowadays, and annoying, unless it is for comedy sake.

MunchMunch

Said before I know its unlikely, but if they're willing to give Goh a 100+ Pokemon. I don't see why they can't just give Ash 17 Pokemon with each covering a different type (Pikachu of course has the Electric spot).

In terms of distribution: at least 6 Paldea, 4 Galar, 1 Alola, 1 Kalos, 1 Hoenn, Larvitar (for the Rock-type slot), and three wild cards from any region.
Tbf they kind of stopped doing that and just focused on his Galar starters.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Because that kind of behaviour, even for fictional characters, is very outdated nowadays, and annoying, unless it is for comedy sake.
Because you’re a grown adult watching a show for children. It’s outdated because you’ve outgrown the show. Never made any sense why you people expect Ash to be treated like a king just because you grew up with him.

It can shake up the narrative and allow an interesting dynamic between the characters. Why exactly do you want another passive girl who’s clearly written as somebody who’s under Ash?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I hope they keep the Journeys format and tell stories across the greater Pokemon world. While JN had execution issues, I liked that the broke out of the old formula.

The game characters can get their focus in the YouTube anime specials.

All alternate universe Ashes come together in a universe spanning tourney to crown the one true Ash.

Then the alternate timeline Ashes appear.
The tournament is presided over by the "One True Ash" that has yet to be crowned, and when Ash takes him out, it causes the timeline to fracture and starts a multiversal war...

Wait...that's the MCU.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Continuing with the Journeys format would suck, but returning to the old formula would suck as well. Since ScVi have the school system, this is the perfect generation for a "Pokemon High School" type series. With romance, teen drama, you name it! Oh, and of course actual aspects of Pokemon. :p

Sham

The Guardian of War
No thanks, the journeys format and region hopping were way too erratic. Give me the old format but with no fillers and more past characters and particularly reserves instead.
The only thing Joruneys had going for it was the past return cameos and that well has already dried up. Promoting Vermillion City and un named filler towns that might as well be in Kanto is not a world tour.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
No thanks, the journeys format and region hopping were way too erratic. Give me the old format but with no fillers and more past characters and particularly reserves instead.
Yes, the execution of the Journeys format could use work.

But bringing back the old format of a journey through a region makes more previous generation characters and reserves unlikely because the series would be tied to a region. The old format would also likely result in more fillers because they have to fill time since it probably won't have a reduced episode count.

Like half of the Galar cast didn't get focus, and for the Pokemon it was even worse. I doubt Paldea would be any better.
Does each Galar cast member really need at least one episode of focus? Does each Galar Pokemon really need at least one episode of focus? No. Especially when most of those episodes are "fillers" that have dubious quality anyway...

Soniman

Break the Limit
If they’re gonna have Ash in Paldea I wanna have it a faithful adaptation rather than playing fast and loose like with Galar.

In keeping with the spirit of Gen IX I wanna see Ash falling through the floor, phasing through walls, having him randomly stretch and twist his limbs in impossible angles for no reason, have characters and Pokémon phasing in and out of existence, cutting the episodes frame rate in half and/or buffering whenever there’s a battle or there are higher than average amount of characters on screen (or anything of significance happening at all really) and having the background layer pop in and out, constantly flickering, would really add to the immersion I think

Sham

The Guardian of War
Making the new characters have their focus designated to short series just for characters who already had their time to appear is lame.
The logic doesn't make a lick of a sense either.

"Journeys’ situation works the best because it promotes the entire franchise and makes it easier for the anime to do so."

"The current region though? Nvm forget that head to YouTube."

Somehow, thats sound logic.

FiDhwimXkAAac_e

Last edited:

GohMaster!

Goh Gettem!
Continuing with the Journeys format would suck, but returning to the old formula would suck as well. Since ScVi have the school system, this is the perfect generation for a "Pokemon High School" type series. With romance, teen drama, you name it! Oh, and of course actual aspects of Pokemon. :p
I was thinking more like the yugioh gx of pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.