• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayn72

They can show Ash gets the feeling of “now what” after beating Leon and has to give some thought to the “Pokemon master” goal. He hears about an academy for champion level trainers from all over the world, those who have once been champions of their region’s leagues (it would be nice seeing Leaf, Brendan, Lucas, Hilda/Rosa and Calem wearing the orange academy clothes).
They’ll be asked to complete the gym quest (with gym leaders with gyms much more powerful than in other regions) to compete in one ultimate league held by Geeta.

Ash makes friends with Arven and decides to assist him in his titan and paradox Pokémon investigation, along with the mystery of what happened to his parents, and also Nemona, who has already completed the gym quest. As the student president, she could be the one contacted by Penny to solve the Team Star troubles and defeat their bosses.

This is the only way I see Ash doing gyms could work one more time, while making his quest more challenging by giving him champion-level rivals. Besides, having a battle-oriented female lead would be a nice change, it’s a pity what they are lately doing with girls in this anime.

Jeal

I think they are going to write a completely different story. Maybe the focus next time is not going to be "win something", it's going to be a villain. They can even make a mystery about it. I don't know. But I think they are planning something completely unexpected.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
SV is begging for a brand new series that is completely separate from the trAsh anime. There's so much good potential since it's such a character driven game and I don't want to see it watered down with his ugly appearance. The current universe just needs to be nuked. He beat Leon in a great battle (even if heavily in his favor) so just stop. Paldea definitely feels like a 25 episode anime since it's got 3 different storylines that combine into one major story.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Update to my previous post: Alright... I think Geeta does actually have some sort of shady nature. Ironically, it's because of one thing: She nonchalantly says she has access to basically all information about you, from addresses to contact info. And has access to all information from any other Champion ranked trainers after you ask how she even get access to your number which happens after you finish rematching all 8 gym leaders. Even chuckles after you ask that.

"Uh, how did you get my number...?" being a dialogue option is just weird choice to have at that moment.
I haven't finished the game but I'm assuming the answer is mostly "Nemona rambling on about you while talking to her". The other point is you do register yourself as a challenger at every Gym and we don't know what that actually entails.

Maybe a more mature Pokemon series with darker themes? Electrodes being used for terroristic purposes, main characters having fist fights on occasion, deaths to important characters for the purpose of developing others, etc.
Y'all remember this anime is supposed to be mostly aimed at the 6-10 crowd, right? It's not shonen, it's kodomomuke.

TheWanderingMist

I love HGSS, its a great game, I just think the others are better, including ORAS :V
I feel the fact it has 2 regions is a bit overrated tbh
Plus Johto is kinda bland as a region
Gameplay wise ORAS was much more fun as a remake. We dont talk about BDSP
Johto's main problem is locking so many of its own Pokemon to post-game. However, since Gold was my first game, it's my absolute favorite and I can name every Pokemon from there by heart faster than any other region. This applies to the original Johto games, not the remakes, though I do also enjoy those. I specifically love the Johto half. The Kanto half was neat, but since I hadn't started with Kanto, I wasn't super attached to it. SM is next, or honestly maybe SV at this point. Then probably Legends. Then I guess BW/BW2 then USM, because while USM smoothed over SM's gameplay issues, it sacrificed major bits of the story and characters. Most of the rest kinda get lumped together (never played FRLG though), then ORAS/RSE is down at the bottom (IGN was right, 7.8/10), right above BDSP (but like, a fair bit above).

So, to clarify:
1. Gold
2. SM/SV
3. SM/SV
4. Legends
5. BW/BW2
7. USM
8. Most of the rest
9. ORAS
10. RSE
17. BDSP

SV is begging for a brand new series that is completely separate from the trAsh anime. There's so much good potential since it's such a character driven game and I don't want to see it watered down with his ugly appearance. The current universe just needs to be nuked. He beat Leon in a great battle (even if heavily in his favor) so just stop. Paldea definitely feels like a 25 episode anime since it's got 3 different storylines that combine into one major story.
Literally all my thoughts, i was thinking this last night

So much potential, so many charismatic Pokémon to choose from, so many characters I want to see animated.

I mean, just imagine Palafin being comic relief being the hero in some episodes, imagine Tinkatoon chasing some evil corviknigh with that hammer, armarouge vs cereludge with a history similar to Ash vs Paul or something like that.

This generation cannot fall into that lifeless and mercantilist format of Journeys with the same boring protagonis with nothing else to offer for a long time, that would be a crime

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
ABSOLUTELY BASED LIST because its the same list I have lmao
For me Legends, followed by SV, USUM, B2W2 and Platinum are THE best pokemon games, before SV ORAS was on the list
For me it’s Platinum (favorite game ever) >Legends>USUM>B2W2>SV. I need to give SV some time to settle in my mind before I potentially give it a higher rank. Before SV I’d say either BW or SM were up there? I like ORAS for a lot of reasons like the redesigns, new story, Zinnia, Lisia, and overall additions but it never clicked with me as much as most of the other 3D games. Part of that is not liking Hoenn that much as a region despite the idea being fantastic for a fantasy world.

Ignition

I'm glad people appreciate USUM, many people just says it's worse than SM but it all the good things about SM but waay more content and a good difficulty (for Pokemon)
At first I was disappointed with getting a similar game a year later with a debatably worse story but after replaying it waiting for SwSh, I appreciate it a whole lot more. Definitely agree on the content and difficulty. Was hoping that’d be the state of how they’d handle difficulty going forward but alas. I still think Totems are the best boss fights in the series since they actually have strategy. I also love the sidequests, mini games, and other things to do. Prior to this year they were my 2nd favorite Pokémon games.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I'm glad people appreciate USUM, many people just says it's worse than SM but it all the good things about SM but waay more content and a good difficulty (for Pokemon)

from what i remember most weren't happy with the story changes, and how it shifted from Lusamine over to another legendary themed plot.

I didn't really care though, I thought Ultra Necrozma was awesome, gained a reputation of destroying nuzlockers so much that some wanted to have a "pass" on that fight, I mean sure seeing Lusamine fuse with an Ultra Beast was cool, but we didn't get to fight her in that state.

At first I was disappointed with getting a similar game a year later with a debatably worse story but after replaying it waiting for SwSh, I appreciate it a whole lot more. Definitely agree on the content and difficulty. Was hoping that’d be the state of how they’d handle difficulty going forward but alas. I still think Totems are the best boss fights in the series since they actually have strategy. I also love the sidequests, mini games, and other things to do. Prior to this year they were my 2nd favorite Pokémon games.

Vanilla SM also kind of bored me in terms of what pokemon you could get, the ultra games adding more options made things better imo.

Your so lucky to have a favorite, cause me I can not pick one^^;

Ignition

from what i remember most weren't happy with the story changes, and how it shifted from Lusamine over to another legendary themed plot.

I didn't really care though, I thought Ultra Necrozma was awesome, gained a reputation of destroying nuzlockers so much that some wanted to have a "pass" on that fight, I mean sure seeing Lusamine fuse with an Ultra Beast was cool, but we didn't get to fight her in that state.

Vanilla SM also kind of bored me in terms of what pokemon you could get, the ultra games adding more options made things better imo.

Your so lucky to have a favorite, cause me I can not pick one^^;
I mainly use new Pokémon for a region and I love pretty much all of Alola’s so it was fine for me but definitely glad they added more for others to diversify their teams. Plus that was the last time you could use the entire National Dex (at the time) so team compositions are nearly unlimited. I think it’s cool to not have a favorite since you’re equally open to replaying any of the games and can appreciate them more!

Illusio

No words, only rage
For the story SM is probably better as the Aether family plot is better told. USUM is better outside of that, but having it come out a year after SM made the similarities easier to spot and easy to write off.

Bold of anyone to think that the Anime is even gonna touch on Area Zero

And even if they did, they would just probably water it down immensely.

SuMo wasn't a bad saga but it did irreparable damage to this series by making it so extremely watered down to point of tackling dark subjects is practically a big no no at point in the Anime.

The anime hasn't had a serious plotline since XY
This right here. SM ruined the anime for being more comedy focused. Even if they did touch on subjects like death, they are now too afraid to take a more serious/mature approach, especially with SM and JN Ash acting like a buttmonkey. I really hope SV has a tone and art style similar to XYZ because it needs it, and the Area Zero storyline needs to be similar to Team Flare in terms of meaning and tone.
Pokemon needs to stop shoehorning themselves for five year olds. They need to go back to shonen like they did in XYZ. SM ruined the anime.

TheWanderingMist

This right here. SM ruined the anime for being more comedy focused. Even if they did touch on subjects like death, they are now too afraid to take a more serious/mature approach, especially with SM and JN Ash acting like a buttmonkey. I really hope SV has a tone and art style similar to XYZ because it needs it, and the Area Zero storyline needs to be similar to Team Flare in terms of meaning and tone.
Pokemon needs to stop shoehorning themselves for five year olds. They need to go back to shonen like they did in XYZ. SM ruined the anime.
Pokemon is not shonen. Stop trying to force it into your preferred genre.

desdar300

I like with the Aether family they wanted to take a less controversial route that wouldn't upset the conservative parents watching.

Arven is at least around the same age as Brock and has basically been living on his own with just him and his old dog.

Trying to pull that Kumbaya ending with him would not only undermine his entire story, but what also hand wave a lot of stuff that is revealed during the end game Imo

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I always thought the anime was kodomomuke and nowhere near shonen

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I like with the Aether family they wanted to take a less controversial route that wouldn't upset the conservative parents watching.

Arven is at least around the same age as Brock and has basically been living on his own with just him and his old dog.

Trying to pull that Kumbaya ending with him would not only undermine his entire story, but what also hand wave a lot of stuff that is revealed during the end game Imo
Execution? Eh. Actual story? Genius. A lot of people associate bad parenting with abuse wether it be verbal or physical but neglecting your child’s feelings is an awful thing too. Adding onto the dynamics that often time people think that showering your children with money or that money solves all issues was a good point. She practically lives by herself raised by a butler because her mother is busy with work.

Lillie had a good situation money wise but emotionally she was neglected, so much so that her own mother didn’t even know she was struggling with PTSD.

Master Pikachu 11

Now that the games are out, for the potential gen 9 anime, what is everyone’s top 10 gen 9 pokemon that you want to end up on the main cast? Just list 10 pokemon that you want to see on the cast

Status
Not open for further replies.