• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

For me it will be unordered:
Meowscarada
Quaquaval
Skeledirge
Cyclizar
Dachsbun
Kilowattrel
Koraidon and Miraidon
Tinkaton
Armarouge/Ceruledge
Baxcalibur

Wiglett and Wugtrio
Anyone know what 135 is about since 134 probably is the end of PM?

Red and Blue

Now that the games are out, for the potential gen 9 anime, what is everyone’s top 10 gen 9 pokemon that you want to end up on the main cast? Just list 10 pokemon that you want to see on the cast
1. Meowscarada
2. Armorauge/Ceruledge
3. Tinkaton
4. Palafin
5. Baxcalibur
6. Paldean Tauros(any of the three versions)
7. Roaring Moon
8. Slither Wings
9. Lokix
10. Orthworm

If any of these Pokemon appear on Ash or another main's team I'll be happy

SatoSereFan224888

I hope the SV anime does not feature Ash at all. He should retire because he’s world champion and therefore he’s a Pokemon master. He accomplished his dream. SV should focus on a brand new hero instead. An original character, not somebody from the games although having SV focus on Nemona would be intriguing. Have it focus on her journey to become the best trainer in Paldea. Chronicle the ups & downs she will face.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Watch them do exactly what they did with BW and almost completely ignore the game’s story and do a reset on Ash. Can you imagine the chaos? I’d say they wouldn’t do this but with everything else that’s happened I frankly can’t even make serious predictions at this point.

(Real talk I’d be okay with Nemona replacing Ash given her personality is similar to his anyways)
This time they can't completely reset Ash.

At BW, Ash didn't have any success. Seeing the semi-finals in Sinnoh is no guarantee of winning at Unova. The main problem with Unova was not Ash's reset, but his pokemon not evolving. Otherwise, he would have lost again.

This time, Ash's status is very different. Ash is a champion or even a master.

This time, they can get Ash back. Ash can lose in the final. or in the semi-finals. But Ash will lose a champion this tim

Jibanyan

Now that the games are out, for the potential gen 9 anime, what is everyone’s top 10 gen 9 pokemon that you want to end up on the main cast? Just list 10 pokemon that you want to see on the cast
The starters, Maushold, Palafin, Flamigo, Lokix,Ceruledge, Armarouge, Pawmot and Quadsire

Morax

King of heroes
Pokemon needs to stop shoehorning themselves for five year olds. They need to go back to shonen like they did in XYZ. SM ruined the anime
I think you mean ‘battle shounen’, that’s the word we use to define that genre.

Contrary to what retards think around here, changing the demographic to shounen has more positives than negatives because it allows for more dynamic and intricate storytelling.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I think you mean ‘battle shounen’, that’s the word we use to define that genre.

Contrary to what retards think around here, changing the demographic to shounen has more positives than negatives because it allows for more dynamic and intricate storytelling.
But what positives does changing the demographic have on marketing and separating parents from their money selling merch?

Because I think that matters more to TPC and the others than dynamic and intricate storytelling. That’s reserved for the direct-to-YouTube shorts…

Morax

King of heroes
But what positives does changing the demographic have on marketing and separating parents from their money selling merch?

Because I think that matters more to TPC and the others than dynamic and intricate storytelling. That’s reserved for the direct-to-YouTube shorts…
I mean if money is all you care about then no change is a positive change. I’m talking from a narrative pov.

diesglamouris

Hiring the right writers, you can tell complex stories without taking the shonen route. Disney usually does. Digimon did it. Even the games do that. Yeah, for us as grown-ups it would be nice to see our favorite characters as grown-ups dealing with adult issues, but after seeing what resulted after anipoke bringing shonenish cliches, I prefer it to continue being accesible to everyone.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
The last time Pokemon went full shonen, they got so ashamed they suppressed all mentions of ReBurst

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Bruh anyways, if we can't get the core four fully in the series because they're being lame then I'd take Penny above Nemona and Arven since she was the most "interesting rival" and I love a good jack*** character. Her being the leader of an evil team means they'll have no choice but to make a prominent female battler

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
They're never going to change the targeted audience age regardless so this discussion is pointless Lol.
They might eventually have to because appealing solely to children is a bad move in a country where the birth rates have been plummeting for decades. There just aren't that many kids in Japan.

Broseph08

I always thought the anime was kodomomuke and nowhere near shonen
You'd be right. The Pokemon Adventures manga is a kodomo and it's generally more serious and darker than the regular anime so if that's an all ages demographic, the anime definitely is. And honestly, I don't think Pokemon ever needs to aim at teenagers. They can have better writing but the 'all ages' demographic has never been a problem. Even if SV was adapted completely faithfully, it'd be a kodomo. Good writing =/= aimed at grown ups

A better reason for them to change the target audience is because there are enough of us older fans continuing to support the franchise where, without us, Pokemon would slowly die.
Difference is that when you make something kids can watch, you have older folks also watching. Looking at the people here who only complain but still watch it. TPC doesn't give af that they complain if they still watch. The other option would be to aim at older audiences but leave kids behind. Seems to be a worse business decision in everyway

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
The only reason people equate shonen with adult storytelling and demographics is because the most popular ones are usually action-heavy and aren’t afraid to show blood or delve into serious topics. Pokémon is halfway there already; while it is true shonen as a genre is, generally speaking, “better written” than Pokémon, a lot of these mature themes and topics can and already have been portrayed in kid-friendly Pokémon. A good and well-developed story doesn’t need any of these either; but I’m of the mind that the more complex and layered a story is, the better it is. Something like that will always be better than something simplistic and safe, provided it’s written well.

The difference is the delivery/execution; which I do agree is the biggest factor holding the anime back from being something more than it is. It’s a structural problem with how the anime is written and until there’s an overhaul in direction Pokémon will probably never reach those insane peaks shonen fans are accustomed to.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Just realize Unova got four Paradox forms and a good portion of the dex belongs to it. It's coming. 12 years is due for a remake and judging how JN brought back so many Sinnoh characters hopefully we got one. Another Ash reset is confirmed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.