• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broseph08

Just realize Unova got four Paradox forms and a good portion of the dex belongs to it. It's coming. 12 years is due for a remake and judging how JN brought back so many Sinnoh characters hopefully we got one. Another Ash reset is confirmed.
I doubt there is a remake this gen. So far, Gamefreak has followed the pattern of every other gen having a remake so I'd expect it not be for another 5-6 years.

Gen 4- GS remakes
Gen 6- RS remakes
Gen 8- DP remakes

So we can expect BW remakes in Gen 10 and since a new gen comes out every 3 years, that means Gen 10 drops 2025 with 2026 probably being DLC. So BW remakes will probably come out in 2027. We got ways to go

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I doubt there is a remake this gen. So far, Gamefreak has followed the pattern
Generation 3 and Generation 4 released remakes back to back. So the pattern has been broken before it even started really. The longest they’ve went was maybe 15 years without a remake. Your time line means that the next time we’ll get a remake will be almost two decades and that’s not happening. Assuming the remakes are the last games like HGSS it safely puts it at 14 years. DP was the longest it took to make the remakes but BW getting a remake is way behind the others in terms of years.

Given that this game is heavily based on time and Generation five is the only canon direct sequel games where time goes by, it’s perfect.

Judging by Galar, they’re clearly trying to move away from third versions and thus that leaves space for a possible remake.

Last edited:

Broseph08

Generation 3 and Generation 4 released remakes back to back. So the pattern has been broken before it even started really. The longest they’ve went was maybe 15 years without a remake. Your time line means that the next time we’ll get a remake will be almost two decades and that’s not happening. Assuming the remakes are the last games like HGSS it safely puts it at 14 years. DP was the longest it took to make the remakes but BW getting a remake is way behind the others in terms of years.

Given that this game is heavily based on time and Generation five is the only canon direct sequel games where time goes by, it’s perfect.

Judging by Galar, they’re clearly trying to move away from third versions and thus that leaves space for a possible remake.
I mean maybe. I guess I mean that that's how they've been doing it recently for the last three remakes. And I don't think almost two decade late remakes is that much of a stretch. DP remakes were expected by people for the same reasons you're saying and they ended up coming out 15 years after their original release. Actually, every remake has taken longer since the original game so BW remakes being 17 years after the originals would fit that pattern.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I mean maybe. I guess I mean that that's how they've been doing it recently for the last three remakes. And I don't think almost two decade late remakes is that much of a stretch. DP remakes were expected by people for the same reasons you're saying and they ended up coming out 15 years after their original release. Actually, every remake has taken longer since the original game so BW remakes being 17 years after the originals would fit that pattern.
Although Johto is more in need of a remake than Unova is because it's more out of date. Aside from the VC releases, there hasn't been a game set in the Johto region released since 2009. I'm expecting another set of Johto remakes some time in 2024.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Legends Celebi/Suicune will be released in 2024 I’m 100% confident in that. Like Riley said it’s been 13 years since HGSS and Johto has been getting a lot of love lately with Hisuian + Paldean forms and little mentions of places like Sinjoh. Not to mention all the Johto merch on display during the SV press cycle; the region is just due another game so imo I expect it much before anything Unova.

Sham

17 would be a lot closer than 15 imo. Not to mention that BW2 will also be approaching its 16 mark which is right in between DP’s 15 years. Also this is slightly wrong. Both ORAS and HGSS came out 10 years apart from the original and FRLG took six years which is way far apart than 15 years. 17 and 16 years would still be the longest gap. You could be right about the pattern of releases but not the gap in between imo. It’s very possible that DP was the anomaly there.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
If we're getting BW remakes, then I hope we get more customization options than BDSP.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Although there is an issue in remaking BW, what do they do about its sequels since Unova's the only region with an actual sequel lmao.
That's the beauty of making one game. You can just reuse assets. Though it would be weird to not have Unova's sequels. We kept the sequel part to Gold and Silver when they were remade.

Sham

Another point is, it’s likely that they purposely wait for each game system to come out and that’s why BDSP took so long.

FRLG=Gameboy
HGSS=DS
ORAS=3DS
DP=Switch

And since the Switch is going nowhere no time soon and they’ve already given us two remakes, one for each generation (Gen 7 and Gen 8) so it’s very much possible they’re not holding off on these games.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
It'll feel weird ngl to get BW remakes and not B2W2
Plus knowing Game freak they won't include B2W2 features like the White Tower/Black tower battles in the BW remakes and all
I'd rather we get a BW 3 tbh, I'm done with remakes. I want GF to revisit past regions in unique ways like Legends Arceus, but not necessarily being set in the past
We can get the original dragon for the third game of Unova
BW3 and a Legends game would be ideal but knowing GF I don’t doubt they see that people are desperate enough for Gen 5 remakes that they’ll buy them anyway even if outsourced, and while I desperately hope that doesn’t happen, it’s possible. In any case the business model of 2 games promoting a past region is a really efficient one. It keeps the hype up for one region people have already explored for a decently long time, and has a lot of merchandising and promotional potential.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
As for the SV anime itself, I think that we might see some footage of it sometime next month.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
although in fairness, it might be safe to say that the switch will at least have another 2-4 years before "Switch 2" is out.
This is the official lifespan lists of all Nintendo consoles (I consider the end of a console's lifespan to be when the final 1st party game released for it came out).

NES: 1983-1994
SNES: 1990-1999
N64: 1996-2001
Gamecube: 2001-2006
Wii: 2006-2012 (third party titles continued to be made past this point)
Wii U: 2012-2017
Switch: 2017-Present
Game Boy: 1989-1997 (third party titles continued to be made past this point)
Game Boy Color: 1998-2000 (third party titles continued to be made past this point)
Game Boy Advance: 2001-2006
Nintendo DS: 2004-2012 (third party titles continued to be made past this point)
Nintendo 3DS: 2011-2019

So, the next year the Switch is on track to surpass the Wii U in terms of lifespan, along with the N64 and the Gamecube. I believe that the Switch will last a few more years before a successor is officially released.

Broseph08

I'm pretty sure we are done with remakes tbh
I don't think Game Freak wanted to do a Sinnoh remake either, LA was their revisiting of the region, with BDSP being outsourced to serve a treat to fans who campaigned for so long
What I do think is that instead of traditional formulaic remakes, they instead want to revisit regions in other ways, whether it be legends or something else

My preferred way to revisit Unova would be through B3W3 tbh, just not Team Plasma as a villain but someone else
Nah I think they'll still do remakes. Even though BDSP took little effort, it still sold like 15 million copies at full price. It's just free money after all

As for the recent comments about the next Nintendo console, I actually think it's coming sooner than people think. I think Spring 2024, they will launch the successor to the Switch

Honestly a Unova revisit would been better. I mean, I look back at Best Wishes, it wasn't the best nor do terrible but hey for nostalgia sake; Iris tried to catch Meowth is what breaks apart from trying to be a Misty copy and Team Rocket being serious threat rather than Comedy goof but if they wanted a Serious Team Rocket, just bring back Butch and Cassidy for a Pokemon Best wishes revisit, am I right?

Sham

Quiet as it’s kept the only people who hate BW are Ash self inserts because pretty much the entire series had great ideas, the other characters were competent and the group had a great dynamic. If you don’t care about Ash it was pretty great

Quiet as it’s kept the only people who hate BW are Ash self inserts because pretty much the entire series had great ideas, the other characters were competent and the group had a great dynamic. If you don’t care about Ash it was pretty great
Unova always felt very full of life thanks to the tournaments, characters like Stephan, Bianca, Cameron, Burguny etc.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Aren't we supposed to get the Switch sequel soon though
Industry insiders were saying it was supposed to come this year, but they’re also saying it was pushed back due to the global chip shortage and supply chain issues.

That’s probably the reason the OLED was released instead.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a Next-Gen Switch was announced in the near-ish future like the next year or two. The Switch is built around the Tegra X1/X1+, which is a 2015-era System-on-a-Chip with a 2015-era Maxwell GPU (same generation as a GeForce GTX 9xx but with fewer cores/shaders and no tensor or RTX cores). NVIDIA has released five new GPU generations since the Tegra X1 was released. Nintendo might be the only Tegra X1+ customer now too...

Nintendo has done mid-generation hardware upgrades before to add new capabilities, so a Switch Pro/New Switch/Switch 2 with a newer SoC wouldn't be out of the question here. The 2019 Switch/Switch Lite/OLED aren't really hardware upgrades since the SoC change was mainly for security and power efficiency reasons, not performance. And if the March 2022 NVIDIA leak is accurate, there is some development work going on right now.

Sham

Unova always felt very full of life thanks to the tournaments, characters like Stephan, Bianca, Cameron, Burguny etc.
Yep. The only person that was a bozo was pretty much Ash but the character in general like Cilan, Iris, Georgia, Bianca etc were really made the series unique. The rivals were great

Status
Not open for further replies.