• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
My point is you thinking something is unfair doesn't mean that Ash isn't going to do it.

Back in 2019, nobody would have thought that Ash would have used all of game freaks Regional gimmicks against Leon nor Gmax Pikachu on top of all of that.

Just because he hasn't done something before in the past doesn't mean that olm won't have him do it here if it helps their storytelling.

The dragons are very important to the plot with an entire story about how they've been disabled because of their trauma.

Having us not do what the player does and take care of one of dragons within their d-powered form would hurt whatever story they would try to tell
They've never followed the games' plots exactly.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
They've never followed the games' plots exactly.
There’s a big leap between “not following the game’s plot exactly” and “they’ll remove one of the central focuses of said game’s plot”. Altering details like XYZ did as far as the monolith went was okay because XY’s story was fairly bare-bones to begin with and could’ve arguably used some alterations, while S/V doesn’t have that problem, at least to me.

(And yes I’m aware of how the BW anime handled its games stories so the precedent is there, though I’m willing to chalk at least part of that up to the earthquake)

MunchMunch

There’s a big leap between “not following the game’s plot exactly” and “they’ll remove one of the central focuses of said game’s plot”. Altering details like XYZ did as far as the monolith went was okay because XY’s story was fairly bare-bones to begin with and could’ve arguably used some alterations, while S/V doesn’t have that problem, at least to me.

(And yes I’m aware of how the BW anime handled its games stories so the precedent is there, though I’m willing to chalk at least part of that up to the earthquake)
Even before the Earthquake, they're weren't exactly following the games storyline. They also drastically changed the story of Sun and Moon as well only really keeping the Mohn stuff.

MunchMunch

My point is you thinking something is unfair doesn't mean that Ash isn't going to do it.

Back in 2019, nobody would have thought that Ash would have used all of game freaks Regional gimmicks against Leon nor Gmax Pikachu on top of all of that.

Just because he hasn't done something before in the past doesn't mean that olm won't have him do it here if it helps their storytelling.

The dragons are very important to the plot with an entire story about how they've been disabled because of their trauma.

Having us not do what the player does and take care of one of dragons within their d-powered form would hurt whatever story they would try to tell
The anime could still do all this without having the whole Scarlet and Violet anime being about the dragons.

TheLink

Eunie is as Eunie does.
Even before the Earthquake, they're weren't exactly following the games storyline. They also drastically changed the story of Sun and Moon as well only really keeping the Mohn stuff.
Fair point, I hadn’t even thought of that. I retract my counter argument lol.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Let’s be honest. One of the reasons why the Team Flare arc is praised is because the original games are extremely bare boned and somewhat a ripoff of Sinnoh’s story + mass genocide to whoever doesn’t pay them.

It could’ve been an excellent topic on the rich and poor class but we got nothing and XYZ filled in the blanks because the former was already terrible to begin with and the bar was already at sea level.

Last edited:

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
Let’s be honest. One of the reasons why the Team Flare arc is praised is because the original games are extremely bare boned and somewhat a ripoff of Sinnoh’s story + mass genocide to whoever doesn’t pay them.

It could be an excellent topic on the rich and poor class but we got nothing and XYZ filled in the blanks because the former was already terrible to begin with and the bar was already at sea level.
The only thing that I didn't like about XYZ's story in comparison to the XY games is the lack of Xerneas and Yveltal. The Diancie movie did not do them justice, unlike the Creation Trio, which got a bunch of movies and appearances in the main anime.

Tbf though, it's not like the XY games even did much with their legendaries.

Sham

The only thing that I didn't like about XYZ's story in comparison to the XY games is the lack of Xerneas and Yveltal. The Diancie movie did not do them justice, unlike the Creation Trio, which got a bunch of movies and appearances in the main anime.

Tbf though, it's not like the XY games even did much with their legendaries.
Yeah it's the only series to date I believe (not sure about OS) but the weird part is that they included the legendary birds in the series barring Articuno when there was no need for Kanto promotion.

Speaking of movies, I really hope they bring back to the main cast having movie roles. I enjoy the "movie art style" they use. The companions look nice in the original and I'd imagine JN movie art styles would nice.

point. Ignore the music. The only time they're really allowed to experiment in the art style is in movies like "The Power of Us"

and enough A.U, Ash movies. They can't even reference them anyway like DP movies in the series and just having Ash alone is boring,

Last edited:

MunchMunch

Yeah it's the only series to date I believe (not sure about OS) but the weird part is that they included the legendary birds in the series barring Articuno when there was no need for Kanto promotion.

Speaking of movies, I really hope they bring back to the main cast having movie roles. I enjoy the "movie art style" they use. The companions look nice in the original and I'd imagine JN movie art styles would nice.

point. Ignore the music. The only time they're really allowed to experiment in the art style is in movies like "The Power of Us"

and enough A.U, Ash movies. They can't even reference them anyway like DP movies in the series and just having Ash alone is boring,
They technically had that "Legends of XYZ" special/episode that was the "end" of XY.

Sham

They technically had that "Legends of XYZ" special/episode that was the "end" of XY.
Did anybody actually watch that? Kudos for the dub actually dubbing an episode since chronicles but it always be known as "should've been Serena's special". This might be also nitpicky but the rest all had arcs and multiple episodes and this showed two characters that weren't shown a lot (Sycamore showed up an okay amount and Alexa pretty much disappeared after late BW and early XY) and gave us a filler character.

Last edited:

desdar300

The anime could still do all this without having the whole Scarlet and Violet anime being about the dragons.
The story isn't really about the dragons but they are a key aspect of it because they are the central Paradox Pokemon.

If you were to omit their role then you don't really have a story to tell in scarlet and violet.

Their role is similar to The Cosmic Duo from sun and moon in a since that without them you have a big gaping hole in the plot

MunchMunch

The story isn't really about the dragons but they are a key aspect of it because they are the central Paradox Pokemon.

If you were to omit their role then you don't really have a story to tell in scarlet and violet.

Their role is similar to The Cosmic Duo from sun and moon in a since that without them you have a big gaping hole in the plot

main problem with this tho is that the two dragons play a crucial part in the storyline.
That's true but the anime was still able to do Sun and Moon without Nebby having so much of a focus.

desdar300

That's true but the anime was still able to do Sun and Moon without Nebby having so much of a focus.
Neeby had exact same role in the anime during the Aether Arc and even played a vital role during the necrozma one.

Starlet and violet are tied to the creation of the Dragons because they Kickstart everything that happens in the game.

Even the DD arc (for as compressed as it was) virtually played out the exact same way with the wolves

MunchMunch

Neeby had exact same role in the anime during the Aether Arc and even played a vital role during the necrozma one.

Starlet and violet are tied to the creation of the Dragons because they Kickstart everything that happens in the game.

Even the DD arc (for as compressed as it was) virtually played out the exact same way with the wolves
I'm aware of that but what I was saying is the anime could still start without the Dragons being involved. The Sword/Shield arc along with nebby's where all done in arcs as opposed to being told from the beginning. The anime could still have the dragons without Ash meeting one of them right away.

The Scarlet and Violet duo could still get an arc of say 13 episodes without jeopardizing the story and or Paradox Pokemon.

desdar300

I'm aware of that but what I was saying is the anime could still start without the Dragons being involved. The Sword/Shield arc along with nebby's where all done in arcs as opposed to being told from the beginning. The anime could still have the dragons without Ash meeting one of them right away.

The Scarlet and Violet duo could still get an arc of say 13 episodes without jeopardizing the story and or Paradox Pokemon.
I think the big issue is that they would have to rush a lot of Arven's story because they're so intrinsically tied to him as well.
The Aether family plot lasted well into the next series, so it would be nice to at least see something that's a lot more sensitive last for at least most of this upcoming series

MunchMunch

I think the big issue is that they would have to rush a lot of Arven's story because they're so intrinsically tied to him as well.
The Aether family plot lasted well into the next series, so it would be nice to at least see something that's a lot more sensitive last for at least most of this upcoming series

they could; but the major difference between SV and SM, at least from my POV, is the fact that Koraidon/Miraidon were basically with you since day 1 of your journey and remains that way. And the fact that Arven’s arc and journey is heavily connected with the duo as well.
True but knowing the anime they might cut Arven all together, change Arven's story all together or just make Koraidon/Miraidon one of Arven's Pokemon and replacing all the stuff with you know who with Koraidon/Miraidon. Koraidon/Miraidon will probably have the same role but everything outside of that will probably change.

It really all just depends on what the anime decides to do with Scarlet and Violet/Paldea.

Status
Not open for further replies.