• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Interesting enough, why was Dawn never chastised for getting a Togekiss right before the Grand Festival? Dragonite that turned out to be useless? Oh you couldn’t hear the end of that when that happened.I’m starting to think you people are moving the goal post based on who you like and it’s ugly. I don’t believe in the who “deserve” thing because it’s dumb and I like Togekiss but just say you don’t like a character instead of naming a bunch of reasons you don’t apply to your fave.

People will say “X didn’t have any development” but defend Showcases as excellent writing. Just say you don’t like the character and the way they interacted with Ash. You look crazy purposely ignoring a series issues/“badness” but will cirque everything about another.

At least stand in your truth. That’s why Chloe gets the heat that she does now because people don’t consider “a good friend” but the girl showed up at the stadium but it “still doesn’t count”. Just say you don’t like the character, honesty is the best policy.

And I know it’s dependent on your fave because y’all will defend

Decidueye23

I think that thanks to characters like Goh and Iris, it has become evident that any character who presents a threat to Ash, whether it's through catching powerful Pokemon (why did Goh/Iris catch that Pokemon, ASH DESERVED IT MORE!) or being a decent battler (WHY DID IRIS WIN THIS BATTLE, SHE IS SUCH A MARY SUE!) or just in general sharing a lot of screentime with Ash (WHY IS GOH AS IMPORTANT AS ASH, HE SUCKS!), so I think the safest choice for the writers is to follow XY-like route again by making Ash 'the star' and his companions loyal followers who admire him, respect him but never pose any kind of threat, aka, never catch any powerful Pokemon and are not too good at battling.

This way Ash keeps his spotlight and the fans are pleased.
I think its a lot more nuanced than that though. Its not as much as "ash" being challenged but rather who he is being challenged by. The criticism with iris is more so about how the entire saga was handled than just ash.

And Goh is an actual newbie. It is understandble why people got upset that he gets a suicine 50 episodes in but a MC who has been there since 1000+ episodes and has gone on to prove himself many many times doesnt get so. But then i believe legends should not be capturable atleast not ones with so much lore like hooh and suicuine. But thats just my opinion

Sham

The Guardian of War
I think its a lot more nuanced than that though. Its not as much as "ash" being challenged but rather who he is being challenged by. The criticism with iris is more so about how the entire saga was handled than just ash.
I’m sorry I gotta disagree with and the reason why is because people will defend Misty but then call Iris a Misty clone in the same breath. It’s selective bias. Why are you hating a character based on how ASH was portrayed?
And Goh is an actual newbie. It is understandble why people got upset that he gets a suicine 50 episodes in but a MC who has been there since 1000+ episodes and has gone on to prove himself many many times doesnt get so.
The thing is though half of the SM kids (including Ash) had mythical and legendaries. Goh isn’t even using those things and it’s an issue. I’ve never cared because it’s in the wild but it goes back to “waaaa why doesn’t Ash have more legendaries”. Horace literally pulled out a Virizon and it was crickets.

It’s 100% selective outrage and like I said have your critiques but I need you to be consistent and not move the goal post when it’s a character you dislike. I don’t see nobody upset that Horace has a legendary yet joining PM later than him.

It’s not lost on me (and others who have called this articulately) that the one character who was implied to be better than him (or equal) and the other companion who caught a bunch of legendaries before him are hated. People base other main character on the scope of Ash.

Last edited:

Decidueye23

I’m sorry I gotta disagree with and the reason why is because people will defend Misty but then call Iris a Misty clone in the same breath. It’s selective bias. Why are you hating a character based on how ASH was portrayed?

The thing is though half of the SM kids (including Ash) had mythical and legendaries. Goh isn’t even using those things and it’s an issue. I’ve never cared because it’s in the wild but it goes back to “waaaa why doesn’t Ash have more legendaries”. Horace literally pulled out a Virizon and it was crickets.

It’s 100% selective outrage and like I said have your critiques but I need you to be consistent and not move the goal post when it’s a character you dislike. I don’t see nobody upset that Horace has a legendary yet joining PM later than him.
There is a significant difference between iris and misty. Ash wasnt a seasoned trainer when misty was around. Infact it was pre established that she had more experience than he did. We dont even know iris is a prodigy till quite a while. And i mean, whether you like it or not ash is the protagonist of the series, so people are going to associate evrrything with him.

Atleast mallow getting shaymin had an emotional pay off, and tokio having virizion is jus tplain stupid.

Sham

The Guardian of War
There is a significant difference between iris and misty. Ash wasnt a seasoned trainer when misty was around. Infact it was pre established that she had more experience than he did. We dont even know iris is a prodigy till quite a while. And i mean, whether you like it or not ash is the protagonist of the series, so people are going to associate evrrything with him.
You're still hating a character based on their interactions with Ash. If you really were against how a character treated Ash, y’all would hate Paul (which I do like) since he was far more rude but y’all not ready for that conversation. So just admit you hyper focused on one characteristic and call it a day.
Atleast mallow getting shaymin had an emotional pay off, and tokio having virizion is jus tplain stupid.
Mallow had a quick emotional episode with it after one episode and actually used it in battle. Goh caught a Suicune and damn there released it but like said earlier, it’s moving the goal post. And I don’t even care about Goh honestly, his presence doesn’t bother me but I’ve been saying that him catching Suicune was an over reaction. And it’s all because Ash didn’t get a legendary first in this series.

Also tbh I don’t watch the show for Ash and maybe that’s why I don’t care that much about this but hating characters because the writers decided to explore different options with them that Ash didn’t experience just seems petty imo

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
My prediction (and if someone else had it forgive me but I didn't read 448 pages of this thread) is Ash travels to Paldea on an invite to the school to be a special instructor for battling.

From there he'll go on an adventure but he'll be followed by a rookie girl trainer setting off on a quest for gym badges and to challenge the league. So instead of girl trainer doing contests as they had in the past she'll take Ash's old role of doing the gym challenge.

They'll probably have a 3rd character join them either at the time of the girl trainer or shortly after.

Ash's role will be the same in the typical Pokemon of the week episodes but his moments throughout the series will be championship defense matches where he'll use a mix of Pokemon he catches in Paldea mixed with his roster of old Pokemon.

I feel this setup allows the show to address some of the recent shortcomings of the series.

I don't believe Goh was a terrible character he just wasn't strong enough to be a sole costar to Ash. He'd have made a perfect 3rd wheel character in that Brock role but his patch wasn't compelling enough on its own to complement Ash's.

The strongest costars of Ash have been the ones on contest quests because they felt close to Ash's gym battle quests and they usually had rivals and compelling reoccurring characters. So giving the role of gym battles to another trainer helps bring the show back to it's roots in a believable way and gives Ash a partner to better fill in the gaps between his major events.

This allows Ash to stay the expert battler in the show to give us all fanservice while having someone to follow that's going through all the ups and downs of becoming an up-and-coming trainer along with being the person that has to have everything explain to them so they can still teach kids mechanics of the game.
I would like the idea of the female companion (possibly Juliana?) replacing Ash as the trainer who challenges Gyms. The real question is how would they handle Ash having to defend his World Monarch crown or what his team will be. Goh probably would have been better received if he was a more minor main cast member like Brock/Cilan/Clemont, but trying to put him on equal footing with Ash fell flat and led to Goh getting criticised for getting too much focus and preferential treatment over Ash, and it looked very obvious in several episodes.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Can’t wait for the anime to butcher the games story and characters. Can’t wait to see COTD be more important than the game cast, as usual.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Dawn was co-protaginist in DP and is a fan favorite so that really isn't the issue here. Goh and Iris are divisive cause most people don't enjoy their characters and goals. I'm not here to argue whether they are good or not, but that's the general sentiment. There's also the growing sentiment of wanting Ash to exit as well cause they can't keep raising the stakes just to keep him in the show (though they obviously will in a very artificial way).
I feel it's more like Iris and Goh suffered duo being from series that made choices a part of the fandom found bad or unacceptable.

With Iris, people seem do dislike her "such a kid" catchphrase even if that's a consequence of how Ash was characterized on early BW.

With Goh, it relates to the whole mass catching and how some captures looked effortless or not as elaborated as they used to.

Dragonite and Suicune didn't help matters either though I recall some complaints about the Golurk raid (personally, I've found Bianca getting Minccino far more insulting)
Interesting enough, why was Dawn never chastised for getting a Togekiss right before the Grand Festival?
I think there was complaints about that at the time but important to point out that has happened fairly late on DP's run. After Dawn was strongly stabilished and with a position as fan-favorite.

Back to Iris and Goh, I think people's issue has do with Dragonite and Suicune being pokémon some fans wanted to see with Ash as well.

I think Dawn would've gotten (undeserved) hate if she had gotten, say, Riolu.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think that thanks to characters like Goh and Iris, it has become evident that any character who presents a threat to Ash, whether it's through catching powerful Pokemon (why did Goh/Iris catch that Pokemon, ASH DESERVED IT MORE!) or being a decent battler (WHY DID IRIS WIN THIS BATTLE, SHE IS SUCH A MARY SUE!) or just in general sharing a lot of screentime with Ash (WHY IS GOH AS IMPORTANT AS ASH, HE SUCKS!), so I think the safest choice for the writers is to follow XY-like route again by making Ash 'the star' and his companions loyal followers who admire him, respect him but never pose any kind of threat, aka, never catch any powerful Pokemon and are not too good at battling.

This way Ash keeps his spotlight and the fans are pleased.
Ew, this is another thing that will make this series an instant flop

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Anyways, Gryphon has posted this image, and I'm not sure if it means anything:
The way the image is depicted looks like we may have to say farewell to JN soon. If anything there was a recent anipoke tweet with a giveaway of Go's pokemon.
likely doesn’t. It’s just simply a poster. It’ll be curtains for Journeys soon tho.

Last edited:
The way the image is depicted looks like we may have to say farewell to JN soon. If anything there was a recent anipoke tweet with a giveaway of Go's pokemon.
and it shows that I hardly know Journeys anyways.

But hey. SV Anime will be a new era of Pokémon Anime and I care about it more than anyone does in this thread.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
But then i believe legends should not be capturable atleast not ones with so much lore like hooh and suicuine.
Meh if it's not Ho-Oh, Mewtwo, Mew, Creation, Weather, and Aura Trios, Everything else is free game.

So sh!t like the Beast Trio, Bird Trio, Eon Duo, Lugia, Heatran etc are free grabs.

DuskAstral

I would like the idea of the female companion (possibly Juliana?) replacing Ash as the trainer who challenges Gyms.
I doubt it. I think the days when the companion was a playable character are over.
JN is a dub name. In the original, it's just "Pocket Monsters", so it could be an ongoing series (or at least in Japan).

Status
Not open for further replies.