• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

predictions of the future Scarlet and Violet anime

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImBeVillain

No more six members

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I can understand why people hate boruto but hating the concept is dumb. New MC being related to the old one isn’t necessarily a bad thing, It’s the execution that matters, i mean just look at JoJo’s bizarre adventure.
Jojo is different though
Here, it'll be different
I absolutely HATE the idea that the next prodigy and future no. 1 in the world chosen one has to be related to the current one
As if all the most special people in the world need to be the same gene
Considering how Ash was, it's much more cathartic to see the next hotshot he a random trainer from nowhere, inspired by him (so we have a connection) while being someone random instead of having to have a special bloodline to be the hero. It was so refreshing to see TLJ remove that only for TROS to **** on it

ShuckFam

Shippers can debate for ages whether or not Serena is the best love interest for Ash.

However, it's the only pairing since the glory years of Pokeshipping that actually has something canonical backing it.

So, might as well make it happen.

Besides, Serena desperately needs more character development and episodes anyway. I hope she shows up for meaningful time in Paldea if Ash is staying on as a main character.
It's too one-sided compared to Pokeshipping.

Ash keeps a Misty lure right next to his heart and lights up every time he sees her. Meanwhile, he looked pleased to be fleeing Serena on that ship, probably because she assaulted him previously but that part is up for debate.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Yea except you were wrong about the series ending with Ash marrying Serena. A broken clock is correct twice a day
And you’ve been wrong about a lot of things, so I wouldn’t rub that in Cricket’s face…

Bendicion

Water Master
Misty's 'nothing' goal was one of the weaker aspects of her character, and was the biggest reason why she kept fading into the background as OS went on, becoming little more than window dressing in Johto.
Keep trolling. Misty HAS a goal and that’s to become a Water Pokémon Master. Just because it wasnt that much expanded upon due to poor writing has NOTHING to do with the fact that she still had a goal. And YES she did do water related activities to achieve said goal, it just wasn’t expanded upon due to the OS being all about Ash.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
To actually be on topic: I think we should start at absolute ground zero with no baggage from Ash’s days. If they need to bring in characters from the games who also appeared in the anime, recast and redesign them to solidify that these are new versions of the characters. Give us a fresh start from there

Gingertail24

To actually be on topic: I think we should start at absolute ground zero with no baggage from Ash’s days. If they need to bring in characters from the games who also appeared in the anime, recast and redesign them to solidify that these are new versions of the characters. Give us a fresh start from there
Exactly, it's gonna be so hard for liko to stand on her own. If she is Ash daughter. I mean it's gonna be hard regardless, but her being related to Ash doesn't make things better lol

U.N. Owen

Exactly, it's gonna be so hard for liko to stand on her own. If she is Ash daughter. I mean it's gonna be hard regardless, but her being related to Ash doesn't make things better lol
I say it makes things worse.

She will always be compared to Ash by virtue of being the next protagonist. Turning her into his daughter would make her forever tied to Ash. Plus, it opens up the door for daddy-daughter angst which I hate

Gingertail24

I say it makes things worse.

She will always be compared to Ash by virtue of being the next protagonist. Turning her into his daughter would make her forever tied to Ash. Plus, it opens up the door for daddy-daughter angst which I hate
Exactly, and let's be honest. Everyone is gonna be more interested in Ash and what he is up to 50 years later than liko. Especially since aged up Ash is one of the most common things you hear in the fandom

Liko won't even stand a chance. And Roy? Forget about Ash, he is already overshadowed by riko lol

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
This, 1000x this. I've been saying it all the time during JN's run. The anime desperately needs a fully clean slate

There won’t be daddy-daughter angst. Ash and his daughter love each other and Ash will help his daughter in her journey to eventually surpass him.

U.N. Owen

There won’t be daddy-daughter angst. Ash and his daughter love each other and Ash will help his daughter in her journey to eventually surpass him.
I think you have completely missed the point of this conversation.

Spyro39

Just like how Ash's father helped his son with the latter's journey.

Oh wait...

Edit: @cricketlaxwolvesbandy why the angry reaction? I'm just speaking the truth here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.