• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Predictions on Ash's Final Alola Team

AceTrainerDevin

I'm new to this whole forum thing, but I was wondering what is everyone else's thoughts on what Ash's final Alola team could be in preparation for the league.

I could see his final team being:

Pikachu: Obviously

Moveset:
-Quick Attack
-Thunderbolt
-Iron Tail
-Electroweb

Dartrix, MAYBE Decidueye: If Rowlet does evolve, I can only really see it evolving once due to how slightly underdeveloped it is compared to other mons on Ash's current team. Yes it has a great personality, but honestly if it evolves into a Decidueye I could see another Torterra situation happening, and I really don't want that again.

Moveset:
-Leafage
-Aerial Ace
-(Spirit Shackle If it's a Decidueye, otherwise Idk what other set to add, maybe Air Cutter?)
-Leaf Blade

Lycanroc(Dusk): Not much to say since it's fully evolved, although I see it being one of the aces during the League arc and developing in terms of battling prowess.

Moveset:
-Accelerock
-Stone Edge
-Bite or Crunch
-Counter(Currently has it, don't know what could replace it)

Incineroar: Given the general pokemon formula, the fire starters(with the exception of AG and XY) are usually one of, if not THE ace of Ash's team, and given Torracats development and wanting to train and become stronger mostly in honor of Stoutland, Im betting it will fully evolve(Unless were dealing with another Pignite). It'll probably be the contributing factor of Ash beating Gladion in the league.

Moveset:
-Flamethrower
-Flame Charge or Fire Fang
-Darkest Lariat
-(A fighting type move)

Naganadel: Not much is really known about the fate of Ash's Poipole, although I have a strong suspicion it will evolve rather soon, leave/get released and come back for the Alola League, either evolving there or evolving before hand and being a decent team member. Since none of Poipoles moves are known at the moment, I don't have much to build off of, so forgive me.

Possible Moveset:
-Poison Jab
-Dragon Pulse/Dragon Claw
-Sludge Bomb/Sludgewave
-Air Slash???

Of course, I have nothing at all to build off of for Ash's 6th team member. Typically, I would say Ash would clearly be getting a water type as his final member, although given the limited amount of alolan water types(and also the anime usually having ash get current region exclusive pokemon), I'm going to assume he wont catch one(also when you think of the fact that he did not get a grass type in XY/Z). Some people are theorizing he won't catch a 6th team member, and Ash-Greninja will return, but I honestly can't see that happening given the circumstances of Greninjas release.

So I'm going to just pick a pokemon that would best suit Ash and his team in general, in a hypothetical situation and because of limited water types, it wont be a water type. For obvious reasons it wont be an Electric, Rock, Fire, Grass, Flying, Poison, Dark or Dragon type.

Passimian: Many were gunning for Alolan Sandslash, and I was too as it fits Ash's team, it isn't a repeating type, and it's a pretty decent pokemon. But unfortunately Lillie caught Alolan Sandshrew in SM80. I think Passimian would fit Ash's team very well with their generally playful personalitys, having high spirit, and being fighting type, a type that Ash doesn't use that often(Besides Infernape, and does Scraggy really count? Primape is basically non-existant at this point.) Just wanted to know if anyone else has any other suggestions, but I think out of the alola dex, Passimian fits Ash the best.

Possible Moveset:
-Rock Smash
-Close Combat
-Aerial Ace
-Giga Impact

Hopefully I didn't overdue it with the typing. I'd like to hear everyone else's thoughts on his possible final team.:D:p

ShadowForce720

I'm new to this whole forum thing, but I was wondering what is everyone else's thoughts on what Ash's final Alola team could be in preparation for the league.

I could see his final team being:

Pikachu: Obviously

Moveset:
-Quick Attack
-Thunderbolt
-Iron Tail
-Electroweb

Dartrix, MAYBE Decidueye: If Rowlet does evolve, I can only really see it evolving once due to how slightly underdeveloped it is compared to other mons on Ash's current team. Yes it has a great personality, but honestly if it evolves into a Decidueye I could see another Torterra situation happening, and I really don't want that again.

Moveset:
-Leafage
-Aerial Ace
-(Spirit Shackle If it's a Decidueye, otherwise Idk what other set to add, maybe Air Cutter?)
-Leaf Blade

Lycanroc(Dusk): Not much to say since it's fully evolved, although I see it being one of the aces during the League arc and developing in terms of battling prowess.

Moveset:
-Accelerock
-Stone Edge
-Bite or Crunch
-Counter(Currently has it, don't know what could replace it)

Incineroar: Given the general pokemon formula, the fire starters(with the exception of AG and XY) are usually one of, if not THE ace of Ash's team, and given Torracats development and wanting to train and become stronger mostly in honor of Stoutland, Im betting it will fully evolve(Unless were dealing with another Pignite). It'll probably be the contributing factor of Ash beating Gladion in the league.

Moveset:
-Flamethrower
-Flame Charge or Fire Fang
-Darkest Lariat
-(A fighting type move)

Naganadel: Not much is really known about the fate of Ash's Poipole, although I have a strong suspicion it will evolve rather soon, leave/get released and come back for the Alola League, either evolving there or evolving before hand and being a decent team member. Since none of Poipoles moves are known at the moment, I don't have much to build off of, so forgive me.

Possible Moveset:
-Poison Jab
-Dragon Pulse/Dragon Claw
-Sludge Bomb/Sludgewave
-Air Slash???

Of course, I have nothing at all to build off of for Ash's 6th team member. Typically, I would say Ash would clearly be getting a water type as his final member, although given the limited amount of alolan water types(and also the anime usually having ash get current region exclusive pokemon), I'm going to assume he wont catch one(also when you think of the fact that he did not get a grass type in XY/Z). Some people are theorizing he won't catch a 6th team member, and Ash-Greninja will return, but I honestly can't see that happening given the circumstances of Greninjas release.

So I'm going to just pick a pokemon that would best suit Ash and his team in general, in a hypothetical situation and because of limited water types, it wont be a water type. For obvious reasons it wont be an Electric, Rock, Fire, Grass, Flying, Poison, Dark or Dragon type.

Passimian: Many were gunning for Alolan Sandslash, and I was too as it fits Ash's team, it isn't a repeating type, and it's a pretty decent pokemon. But unfortunately Lillie caught Alolan Sandshrew in SM80. I think Passimian would fit Ash's team very well with their generally playful personalitys, having high spirit, and being fighting type, a type that Ash doesn't use that often(Besides Infernape, and does Scraggy really count? Primape is basically non-existant at this point.) Just wanted to know if anyone else has any other suggestions, but I think out of the alola dex, Passimian fits Ash the best.

Possible Moveset:
-Rock Smash
-Close Combat
-Aerial Ace
-Giga Impact

Hopefully I didn't overdue it with the typing. I'd like to hear everyone else's thoughts on his possible final team.:D:p

two things first you do realize there is a pokemon speculation thread where things like this are discuss right, and two you make it sound like episode 80 has already aired and that it's confirmed that Lillie is catching a Alolan Sandshrew, when actually episode 80 has aired yet although it will air this Thursday and also it hasn't been confirmed at all that Lillie will catch Alolan Sandshrew in episode 80, sure it's possible that Lillie will catch Alolan Sandshrew in episode 80 but it is confirmed to happen and it's not a safe thing to say because it is possible that Lillie doesn't catch it.

AceTrainerDevin

two things first you do realize there is a pokemon speculation thread where things like this are discuss right, and two you make it sound like episode 80 has already aired and that it's confirmed that Lillie is catching a Alolan Sandshrew, when actually episode 80 has aired yet although it will air this Thursday and also it hasn't been confirmed at all that Lillie will catch Alolan Sandshrew in episode 80, sure it's possible that Lillie will catch Alolan Sandshrew in episode 80 but it is confirmed to happen and it's not a safe thing to say because it is possible that Lillie doesn't catch it.

I'm so sorry, I should of taken note of this:confused::oops:. I'll be sure to head to that speculation thread.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Lillie didn't catch it. She might but she hasn't yet.