• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Preferred "Dream Smasher" For the Alolan League

Who should beat Ash in the Alolan League?

• Kiawe

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Sophocles

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Lana

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Mallow

• Lillie

• Ilima

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Gladion

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Guzma

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Hau

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Other

Votes: 26 46.4%

• Total voters

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'd be fine if Ash loses to Sophocles, Lana, Hau, or some no-name incompetent kid. xD

Remix2

I’m going with someone form the galar region beating ash with a new Pokémon or power up gimmick.

_AISP

Insect/Pokemon lover
I don't see Gladion beating Ash AGAIN (foolishly assuming they won't battle more times before the league) so otherwise Hau, Guzma, or Kukui for me. Feel like there's gotta be someone else, though.

The poll was about my preferred choice although I don't really have one in particular. Much easier to answer who isn't my preferred dream smasher.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I’m going with someone form the galar region beating ash with a new Pokémon or power up gimmick.

I know that something similar happened in Johto, but this time around I think Ash has more than enough opponents who can serve as his dream snatcher.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I am going with others, just bring some new trainer from galar region with new species which will make ash interested in going there, its been long since ash has lost to trainer from new region.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'm actually hoping the writers learned their lesson from Kalos and have Ash win the Alola league

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Alola Ash doesn't deserver to win his first ever league, even if it isn't one of the scale of the past leagues.
The thing here would be, who else deserves it? Ilima kinda does because he also has league experience, Hau is still way too much of a rookie to deserve the win, Gladion deserves it but will most likely lose to Ash, Guzma literally wants to destroy the league, the non-kiawe classmates haven't done that much battling-wise, kiawe is strong but really wouldn't be able to stand up against the strongest combatants, and Kukui/MR also kinda does, but it'd feel weird as he's the host

Ashton Ketchum

I prefer Ilima, that gonna a battle that should in Unova - Ash versus trainer with Eevee team (Virgil).

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
The thing here would be, who else deserves it?

Let Kukui be the one who beat Ash. And then I want a battle between Kukui and Guzma (which should become the highlight of the league) as the league final where Kukui also beats Guzma, who develops out of his plan to "destroy the league" and become good. Kukui is the one who wanted the league at the first place, so him being the first champion would fit the most, but that's if he's really going to participate the league.

Guzma becomes a trial captain at the end, just like Mallow, Lana, Kiawe and Sophocles, Lillie and Gladion are traveling to Kanto (or wherever they want), Burnett takes Kukui's role as the main professor of Alola and Kukui remains champion.

MockingJ

Banned
Lillie's brother whose name I keep forgetting because even though he's an obvious edgelord, his team seems powerful and he could defeat Ash with no BS writing.

MockingJ

Banned
If Ash has to lose, I'd like to see either Elio or Selene make a surprise appearance and steamroll the competition, much like Tobias did in Sinnoh, but they wouldn't use Legendaries like Tobias did. It would be the first time a Player Character was a dream crusher.

Ash is basically Elio, so I don't see how that match up would work if he has to battle his doppelganger.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
If Ash has to lose, I'd like to see either Elio or Selene make a surprise appearance and steamroll the competition, much like Tobias did in Sinnoh, but they wouldn't use Legendaries like Tobias did. It would be the first time a Player Character was a dream crusher.
That would definitely be a fun surprise that gets the anime fans here talking

SpecsTauros

Best Wishes Apologist
Lana should win because she's canonically the strongest character, spiritually, in any franchise but especially this one. If she loses it would just be unrealistic.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
No Prof Kukui? He’s the perfect Dreamcrusher. At least he has the closest bond with Ash and it’s been hinted heavily since the second episode that they were going to battle, practically Ash’s final important battle. They haven’t battled since, only teaming up. Ash having his final showdown against his father is the perfect Dreamcrusher in the Alola League. The others (most of them) are decent and acceptable but not nearly as impactful as Prof Kukui.

Side note: I’m one of the few hopeful losers who think Ash is gonna win.