1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Preferred "Dream Smasher" For the Alolan League

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by DatsRight, Apr 28, 2019.

?

Who should beat Ash in the Alolan League?

1. Kiawe

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  2. Sophocles

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Lana

6 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. Mallow

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  5. Lillie

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  6. Ilima

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  7. Gladion

15 vote(s)
    27.3%
  8. Guzma

17 vote(s)
    30.9%
  9. Hau

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  10. Other

26 vote(s)
    47.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. AznKei

AznKei Badass girls saving their boyfriends. XD

Lillie for me. I'm all for the highest salt and we got to see her the most, along with her developments, outside of Ash.

Jerimiyah, satopi and Pokegirl Fan~ like this.
  2. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: We're in an island of fillers!

Imagine the salt if Sophocles beats him...
    Not only he isn't suited for that, he would beat Ash with a pokémon that has a crush on his Pikachu and another that Ash "caught" for him

Jerimiyah, Emelie, Trey pokes and 2 others like this.
  3. Kintaro

Kintaro Banned

I have a strong suspicion it's going to be Hau. The way he was introduced for just 1 episode really reminds me of Cameron in BW. Hau feels more like a "league rival" than a rival for the season because he literally just got 1 episode.

Couple that with him having a fully evolved Decidueye and Ash just having a Rowlett and Torracat, I don't see how he can beat him. I believe Ash will beat Gladion as his "big rival victory" for the saga, but then Hau will beat him. Hau is going to wind up becoming one of the most hated characters for this reason if it happens.

4. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

I could actually accept Sophocles over the girls. I mean it would still be ridiculous given his experience level but he was at least shown working hard to some degree to raise his Vikavolt and make it his own Pokemon. At the very least he's done one full battle that wasn't a dumbed down curbstomp and shown he could put up a good fight. Any of the girls beating Ash would be with practically no transition or trial and error at all, a much bigger insult. None of them have been in a battle tense enough they got KOed once, imagine beating Ash to add to such a dubious winning streak.

Let's be truthful, Kiawe is the one student that could plausibly give Ash a proper fight.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  5. BTS_fan

BTS_fan Banned

I mean at least Hau's a decent guy and he's not as stupid as Cameron was (no offense to Cameron fans). But Hau's confirmed Pokemon so far seem inferior to Ash's.

Emelie and MockingJ like this.
  6. Hanto

Hanto Water Addiction

Guzma or Hau

Jerimiyah likes this.
  7. Lord Trollbias

Lord Trollbias Y'all Salty Bishes

Gladion, Guzma or Kiawe for me

Jerimiyah likes this.