• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Prepare for crit, Proby...

Ok, so recently I have been spriting a little more, mainly due to competitions, but other stuff as well just if I felt like it. In other words, this is my gallery V2

WORKS IN PROGRESS
My current WIP, a scratch of a an electric/fly type based off a puffin
Staffin7574452090-iaza.gif

I call it "Staffin" (Static- Puffin)

Oh yeah, and while i'm at it, I'm also STILL working on Biby
Version 2: http://i45.*******.com/2w69t21.jpg Version 3:
Biby-inprogress-1.png

CURRENT:
Biby-inprogress-2.png

Remember him?

Please crit this, I need to make it better.

These are other (possibly) WIPs, it depends on what you all think.
Scycat.png
Kangi.png

Both preevolutions

FUSIONS
I have been working on my fusions quite a bit, and I think i have improved a little.

Breelon, Infernape and Skarmory:
thfusion-1.png

Tyshinx:
Tyshinx.png
Tyshinx2.png

Polichoke: Version one:
Polichoke.png

Version two:
Polichoke-1.png

Lucrialga:
Warhawk-1.png

Swamphan:
Swamphan.png

Tyranitar, Larvitar and Pupitar:
WSC58.png

Slolech:
Slolech.png

Five bugs:
Fivebugfusion.png

RECENT:
Natwo:
Natuo.png

Buikans:
Buikans.png

RETYPES
I've not done many since I stopped for a little while, so here are what I HAVE done in between.

TurtwigSteelDarkretype.png
Galladeretype.png

SCRATCHES

Metaleon.png

http://i45.*******.com/14t3ghc.png

TRAINERS
I have started doing trainers, as well. I've done three.

http://i36.*******.com/aw2cco.jpg http://i38.*******.com/io0tfo.jpg http://i35.*******.com/r1lphy.jpg

RANDOM EXTRAS
WSC_1_year_celebration_fusion631332.gif

A weird fusion

Final_Bout_Beachorb3956394801-iaza.gif

Voltorb as a beach ball

Boyscout.png

A fusion made to look like a boy scout

Please crit, I want to improve, any C&C will be taken and listened to, as long as it's not to my personal liking (for example: "I think that you should put this pattern on it" if I don't agree.)

I'll make sure I edit!

Last edited:

noobiess

6 different pokemon
to be honest, I'm not a big fan of your sprites.
They just look unatural (except the trainers)

But there is one sprite I really adore: the fusino of shinx and tyrogue.
It really looks good!!

But I see some kind of improvement (the scratch-part of your latest WSC-sprite really looks good) so you're on the good road :p

Credit for My Signature:
-PikaPalLyra did the Bouncies.
-Geekachu did my Dewott Lickie.
-Mew_ did my excellent banners!
-Team Parties are for GPX+ and Vdex Project respectively, and, as such, credit goes to the creators of those websites.

Last edited:

noobiess

6 different pokemon
I'm not so good in giving critisc because I'm not so expeirenced but I'll try iet for you:
I give some examples:

fusion:
- the yanmega,scizor,heracross,...: The wings have to be higher at the body. The colors also doens't seem so matching (But I'm a little bit colorblind, so who am I to judge :p)
- the breloom,infernape,skarmory,...: the recoulor of the legs are very good, but the rest just seems like you put parts of other pokemon on brelooms body... It doens't really match
- the machoke/politoed: one hand is of politoed and one of machoke... The seems al little bit odd. It also seems like you deleted some of the line of the original line of machoke that sohuln'd be deleted. You also have to choose between the 2 stripes on the head of machoke or the swirl of potitoed. You can't have both, then it just looks like you copy pased the swirl of politoed on machoke. The shading is also a little bit wrong. If you turn parts of original sprite, make shure you change the shading so it matches

so for the fusions: try to make the transition of the parts make natural and less copy-pasted. And also think about you shading.

for the retypes: they looks better, but You also have to change the color of the outerlines if you want to change colors. Like the legs of the bird/gallade look a little bit cricked (don't know if that's the right word :p) because you didn't change the outer lines.

I hope I helped a little bit :)

M4zz

Banned
Yeah, pretty much what noobies said. Except, to add on to it, nearly everything looks very c+p. The trainers are fine, along with the Tyrinx, but everything else it much too choppy. The sprites are supposed to blend, and look like one mega awesome sprite, but in the case of these sprites, you've just thrown random parts of multiple pokemon onto another.

Ok, this is a little competition entry, for the winter competition.

It's Pidgeotto, re-typed to look "Wintery/Christmassy"
http://i45.*******.com/14t3ghc.png

All scratched, minus Pidgeotto the base of course, and the scarf which came from the D/Pt rival sprite. All pallettes are mine too.

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
Hi, first of all its a nice design with over all, a good 'attitude' to the picture.
2 points(its how i roll)
The thing on his wing-What exactly is it? To me, it looks like a surf board, but what ever it is, its very C+P and i can still see the wing underneath. This is ok, but the bottom parts of the wing is showing, and its quite noticable.
Christmas hat+ boot- a nice touch, but it looks like something wrong. The hat is too far forward, mixing into his eye and beak, which makes it look like the hat has melted it to pidgeots head. The boot -again nice touch- is a little bit big, and needs slimming down!
I hoped this has helped you, good luck in the compition! I've entered as well!
Good effort! 60 brownie points

A few things.

That is a Snowboard, and it's just supposed to be lying on it, not replacing the arm.

The boot is actually meant to be a Christmas stocking, which are that size.

I see what you mean about the hat. I took Pidgeotto's head piece for it. I don't really want to change it, though...

Any crit/ advice for my other sprites/my WIPs?

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
Comments in bold and italics-fancie!
Scycat.png
Kangi.png

Nice ideas, and i know its hard to make baby evos. but 2 things that stick out. One the first one-i presume scyther evo- its feet are large(for the size of the body any way) Oh, and his head looks like a peanut. The second one, i cant see a problem with! 70 brownie points!

thfusion-1.png
Polichoke.png
Warhawk-1.PNG

I only choose these as they stuck out more. The breloom looks very 'stuck on' and some of the piece dont fit, but youv'e pulled it off well. Its a nice recolor, but the fire needs to mix in more with brelloms head.

Polichoke(i presumed thats what you called it:)) Look a bit weird. Its arm sticks outs to long for the body, and theres a huge dip in sought of his chest and left arm area.

The lucario mix is sweet! But its leg looks weird. As you used just a lighter color than his actual leg, it doesn't look like there is a line between his leg and the background. Now, to me this looks like its actually merged with the background(Color-blind you see) but its just hard to tell the difference. Its also same with the tail, as it doesn't have a dark color around it, it just looksum, pixely

http://i36.*******.com/aw2cco.jpg http://i38.*******.com/io0tfo.jpg http://i35.*******.com/r1lphy.jpg
I have to say, these are very good! I like the ideas and attiude, but theres some points: On the first one, there are a few pixels on his coat thatare different colot. This looks a little strange. The second one is nice, but on his hand without the pokemon ball, there is a few pixels missing. I know it doesn't seem alot, but it looks odd. The thrid one a dont have a problem with!:)

Final_Bout_Beachorb3956394801-iaza.gif

I think this is amazing! Can i please put it in my sig?

Hoped this helped.

Peather, I shall call the Baby evo of Scyther, then! The feet are supposed to be large, it's supposed to be a clumsy baby. The head looking like a peanut, well, it's Scyther's head shape with a couple of spikes taken away.

Ok, I may work on those fusions, at least the ones that you've critted on. That's the second time someone's pointed out that Polichoke (yes, I did call it that) looks weird, so he along with Lucrialga will be worked on. I'll try to change the Breelom, but it's harder to change three-way fusions, so...

Those different patterns are supposed to be a little "pattern" type thing on the clothes.
Do two pixels really matter?

I suppose you could have Beachorb. make sure you credit, though!

BUMP. Ok, so, I HAVE been working on my Elephant WIP. It looked too real-life and not Pokemon enough. I swapped the shading round, as he should be facing the way he's facing now. I added orange patches on his skin to make a more firey effect, as well as changing the colour of the smoke.

I think the eyes need more work but I'm not sure what. Any suggestions?

Biby-inprogress-1.png

Help on this please?

Yami Ryu

Lol. Lol proby. lol.

I was pretty damn sure I gave you crit on how to shade a body, and gave you an example of how to start to do so, especially for that little elephant of yours.

How about instead of shading nilly willy from all angles of the sprite, or completely ignoring what I say this time. You go, and you take a gander at some other sprite threads [such as LSA or Bynine] and you take a gander at the official sprites of pokemon built simularly to yours and in roughly the same pose and instead of shading in rough angles, and as I said making it where the lightsource is EVERYWHERE, you make one light source and shade accordingly.

Shading is more than just 'lol color' it helps give depth to an otherwise 2 dimensional image. And failing to even shade atleast somewhat correctly causes your sprites to look even worse than they would under other conditions.

Your fusions are terribly cut and paste btw, showing signs of you didn't even try to attempt to scratch or edit parts. Your scyther prevo and your kangaskhan baby are also terribly deformed. Scyther looks like apoorly shaded drugged up midget version of itself, as what parts you didn't scratch were obviously taken from existing sprites and you didn't bother to try and edit or make sure they'd fit nicely. The Kanggaskhan has a screwed up outline, messed up shading and not only is the pose awkward, the feet and arm size don't match up well enough tbh, the eyes are souless black dots on the direct front of the face. There is NO hint of a muzzle at all, just a thin pink line.

Remember there is a tutorial thread and there are more on the internets. And actually practice shading/scratching/editing and not only doing it last second bad edits.

Ok Yami, this time I'm not going to shout and get angry, instead I will try to heed your advice. I went back to Biby and looked at Girafarig and Nidorina for the main body and Chimchar and Nidorina for the ears. After I had done so, I changed around the hsading, to create:

Version 4:
Biby-inprogress-2.png

Is that an improvement at all?
---
Anyway, on to the fusions.

Seeing as Polichoke looked the worst by far, I decided to start on him.
Polichoke V2:
Polichoke-1.png

And I did Natwo:
Natuo.png

My most recent one, Buikans:
Buikans.png

M4zz

Banned
Ok Yami, this time I'm not going to shout and get angry, instead I will try to heed your advice. I went back to Biby and looked at Girafarig and Nidorina for the main body and Chimchar and Nidorina for the ears. After I had done so, I changed around the hsading, to create:

Version 4:
Biby-inprogress-2.png

Is that an improvement at all?
---
Not really. This elephant is trajically suffering from MLSS (Multi-light-sorce-shading). Pick a light source, and stick with it. You have some apparant random blotched of shading on the tail and knee. Try to focus on one source, and work with it. Overall, yes, it is a bit of an improovement, but still needs more work.

The anatomy of your Puffin is off.

For the elephant:
As stated above your sprites do have multiple sources of light, and your darkest shades should contrast more while your lightest shades should either be better positioned or darkened a bit. Your sprite could really use some anti-aliasing, as it looks plain without it. Your shading is also too little, as it really only covers the underpart of the elephant. Lastly, that ear is banded on the curve. The left ear is unproportional to the right one.

Yes Pokemazter, I do know what MLSS is. And I am aware that it needs more work. That is why I've kept it in the "WIP"s section and not moved it into Scratches section. I know your intentions are good, but please, I'd rather I didn't get short comment like that one from a user who cannot even spell "tragically".

Thanks Toon Ace for some Help on Staffin at least, but I'm afraid I'd like it to be a little more specific. I need much more in-depth help on Staffin please.

And I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean really about Ellash (New Name- Elephant & ash). For example, the meaning of "anti-aliasing"? And I don't know what you mean about the ear either. However, I do realize the head lacks shading; I am forgetful and simply forgot to do so, even though I was intending to.

Ok, So I tried to revisit shading, and this time looked at Ponyta's HGSS second frame sprite, as it is very similar to Ellash:
77_ponyta_2_m.png

And I tried to improve the shading on Ellash based off this sprite. Here is my Version five.
V5:
Ellash-inprogress.png

Last edited:
BUMP. When it gets to the second page, that's what I do.

OK, so...

I've scratches the tail, the ears and the chest pattern on Azumaroth:
Azumaroth.png

And this is the beginning of an absol evolution. I've only done the outline.
Absolevo-Abnuit.png

Yami Ryu

And this is the beginning of an absol evolution. I've only done the outline.
Absolevo-Abnuit.png

You know I thought you would have realized on your own, if you had to scratch and edit more for fusions, you would start to realize how bad all your full scratches are. How flat, deformed or horrible they are. I mean I am damn well sure that I've given you crit repeatedly for that in your last thread.

That is not an evo for Absol, that is a bearcat that's been run over. Compare it to Absol- seriously. The outline is wonky and deformed, it's facing us head on but there is absolutely no definition at all to the legs/hips outside of lol legs, the arms are messed up just completely messed up. The torso is contorted, I have no idea wtf is going on with the tail.

I would have thought you'd realise this when comparing your sprites to existing ones, but it seems you either know but don't care, or don't care to know :/

WHY DO YOU ALWAYS ASSUME I THINK IT'S FINISHED? I KNOW IT'S NOT DONE! THAT'S WHY I MENTIONED "THE START"! I NEED HELP, NOT THE FEELING THAT ALL THE STUFF I DO IS A LOAD OF S**T! I'VE TOLD YOU BEFORE, IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO HELP AND ONLY CRITICIZE, THEN DON'T POST IN MY THREAD!

Right, that goes for everyone. There is very little chance that there is nothing good about my sprites, so please, as well as pointing out the weak areas of my spriting, tell me the better areas. Because if all a person gets is crit crit crit, then they're never going to want to come back and try again. I almost feel like giving up, but I won't because I know that You, Yami, can be a complete and utter b***h and not say anything nice to ANYONE.

Also, I want visual stuff. I don't want to be reading through paragraphs for ages. I like examples of better stuff if that's Ok.

Anyway, putting all that aside, I'm going to now do another fusion. I'll edit this post with it.
EDIT: I didn't have internet for a while back there, but I did have some Dungeon heads handy, so I made this:
http://i48.*******.com/2lm8lmh.jpg
A Mystery Dungeon Head fusion! I started to do the Azumaroth that I did, but at the moment with these, I'm going for simple, as I can't do the trickier stuff yet.

And yes. I DO know it's just a Spheal recoloured as a skiploom and a copy-pasted head piece added.

Last edited:

Yami Ryu

WHY DO YOU ALWAYS ASSUME I THINK IT'S FINISHED? I KNOW IT'S NOT DONE! THAT'S WHY I MENTIONED "THE START"! I NEED HELP, NOT THE FEELING THAT ALL THE STUFF I DO IS A LOAD OF S**T! I'VE TOLD YOU BEFORE, IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO HELP AND ONLY CRITICIZE, THEN DON'T POST IN MY THREAD!

Why is this colored? Outside of that, you never said 'WIP'. And given the fact you never touched the elephant at all in the last thread even when I gave you visuals and it seems you only enlarged it and kept the same errors.

This is why I gave up on you before ya'no :/

Right, that goes for everyone. There is very little chance that there is nothing good about my sprites, so please, as well as pointing out the weak areas of my spriting, tell me the better areas. Because if all a person gets is crit crit crit, then they're never going to want to come back and try again. I almost feel like giving up, but I won't because I know that You, Yami, can be a complete and utter b***h and not say anything nice to ANYONE.

So wait. You are trying to play the demotivational card? Even tho you know they're bad and I know they're bad- and anyone who wants you to improve knows they're bad, you'd rather take a few pale kind words randomly thrown in? I'm sorry but atm I've not seen any improvement yet that deserves it. If you want the words why not actually work for them :/

It's alot better than demanding them.
Also, I want visual stuff. I don't want to be reading through paragraphs for ages. I like examples of better stuff if that's Ok.

http://serebii.net/pokedex-dp/egg/humanshape.shtml

Or anything that stands on two legs :/