• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Prepare to be underwhelmed

Profesco

gone gently
I like to draw Pokemon. I spend a lot of time doing it. Nothing special though; just plain, hand-drawn, clear-line, often backgroundless, regular, traditional Pokemon. I don't try to morph their appearance or make them cuter or cooler or sexier or angstier or bloodier or anything like that. I don't even like coloring them in. You might as well call them doodles half the time.

Anyway, to commemorate my obtaining of a scanner, I'd like to upload a few of my drawings. I'll add two that I've shown before, two simple practice pages from a couple of years ago. Besides that, I'm also showing three Pokemon I drew specially for this purpose. They're even colored in!

(I don't claim any rights to these or any Pokemon, I just like drawing them. Disclaimer and all that, for safety and politeness.)

Practice pages:
Sableye
Water team

Special occasion:
Charizard
Lucario
Sceptile

The ones that are colored were colored with colored pencils. Trust me, I dislike the coloring part of drawing. That includes shading. I prefer line shading (much like the artwork of Kouki Saitou), which you'll be able to see only on the Charizard picture here. I was kind of disappointed how the three pictures turned out after being scanned: Charizard is a lot redder than he is on paper, and Lucario is a lot grainier. Oh well, c'est la vie. If anybody wants to offer advice/critiquing on better coloring skills, that would be very kind.

Anyway, I still enjoy drawing Pokemon, and I look forward to sharing more of my pictures here. I could upload old ones, and I very well might, but I'm also not opposed to drawing a specific Pokemon someone might like to request. Of course, there's very little chance anything that comes later will have a decent background or even be colored- I do love my black and white. ^_^;

Here we have all examples that were added later in the thread:
Pixie trio
Turtwig
Ampharos
Scyther
random team sample
a bunch of my favorites, including shiny
random regional groups, plus Mew and Mewtwo
Mewtwo pose practice with Piplup and Lucario
recolored Leafeon/Glaceon
Creepy? Or darn cute!?
Dialga
Palkia
Dialga the second
Lati twins sketch
Lati twins color
Raichu at play
Gym Leaders 1-4
Gym Leaders 5-8
Elite... three?
Buy this movie!
Taillow & Swellow
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
Blastoise
Luxray
The pwnsomest Pokemon in existence and its evolved form
Masquerain glare
Masquerain hover
Masquerain collection
Masquerain revamp1
Masquerain revamp2
Masquerain revamp3
Unown scene
Blastoise poses
Butterfree valentine1
Butterfree valentine2
Jane and her signature Pokemon
Avril and hers
Victor and his
February 14th
Ghost-type practice
Somewhere in Asia...
The power of glee!
I've come to appreciate how a "simplistic" background lets me cop out of good drawing/coloring.
Before and After
Mewtwo's controlling Profesco!
Medi Poses
Objectiken! (Lol, no text, sorry)
Mewtwo pic from the time "Mewtwo Returns" came out on video...
watercolor Darkrai
watercolor Cresselia
Hall Matron Argenta
Sinnoh character practice
unfinished action
Who's the hot stuff?

And I'd like to request that, should anyone entertain the notion of using my artwork elsewhere, they please ask my permission first. It's a courtesy I would be immensely grateful to receive. ^_^

Last edited:
These are very well done. You have the look and appeal of the pokemon down to perfection. You should try and color them on the computer rather than in colored pencils. The colors will be more visible and blend easier.

Like I said, they look like official art. These are amazing.

Have you considered layering your colored pencils? I can't tell if you have or not... Layering similar colors will make your drawings more bold.

But these are still really good.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
I remember Sableye from an old art thread of your's.

Actually, I could only notice shading on Lucario, and not that much on Charizard (though that might be because of your aforementioned 'redder' problem). Besides this, I'm very impressed with how proportionally correct these Pokemon all are. The only one who seems to be proportionally incorrect seems to be that big-headed Sableye on the bottom left, and that might've been intentional.

Profesco

gone gently
Actually, I could only notice shading on Lucario, and not that much on Charizard (though that might be because of your aforementioned 'redder' problem).

The line shading I was talking about can be seen on Charizard's claws, heel, horn-things, and underbelly. But yes, otherwise, shading is very weak.

Thanks for the compliments, everyone.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
Ah, now I see (I assumed what the browser put up was already maximum size >.>;; ). It's not extremely apparent (as to have an effect), but it might look weird if the line shading was used like normal shading.

kochoupink

butts lol
Profesco, these are awesome!
Do you blend your colors? They're much smoother if you go over everything with a white pencil after adding the shadows and highlights.

Mawile XD

ello thar
Profesco, I've seen you around the discussion threads, but not yet here, until now. These are amazing. What I love about your drawings is that the pokemon you draw are neither copied nor robots. You can see the individual personalities of each pokemon, and the line shading is nice. I never knew it was called that, but I've always done that anyway. My favorite is probably the Chinchou's sheer adorability, but I really like them all. So... i herd u liek mudkipz?

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Wow Great job although the shading could use some work I like Lucario the best!!!!

Wow Profesco
I never knew you were an artist, and a pretty good one at that! :]
There of course many things to improve on in the first few drawings, but tht's to be expected since they're doodles. As for the last drawings, they look very nice. I like how they are very original in their poses.

Jeez, these are really great, not to mention proportionally acurate. While I do like the colored pics, I'd have to prefer the black and white, uncolored ones that you did. Kudos, as these are some of the best I've ever seen anywhere.

Shinobi5878

Resident Bad A**
...what do you mean underwhelmed? These were really good...

hollythesnare

master snare ;)
Lol, im with you Shinobi5878. What in the world did you mean by underwhelmed? You must enjoy sarcasm ;) But wow, your art is fantastic. You have the official Pokemon style down to a "T". Im kinda jealous.

If I could suggest anything id consider another coloring medium. I primarily use color pencil because thats all I can afford right now- so I understand why you hate them. Theyre difficult to make smooth. My coloring is often sketchy (i actually find your style rather nice. Its pretty bold.)

I would maybe just post some inked pics with shades of pencil. You might enjoy that. Its nice to get away from colors sometimes. lol

But wow. Awesome work :)

Profesco

gone gently
kochoupink- You know, I thought about that. I did that with my pictures when I was younger, but I guess I was lazy this time around. >_>

SapphireL- Yes, I layered two greens for Sceptile, three blues for Lucario, and two oranges for Charizard. I'm just not very good at it, lol. ^_^;

Mawile XD- That makes me very happy. I do try and make each Pokemon as Pokemon-y as possible, with the personality of its species. Thank you! And incidentally, I do like Mudkips, very much in fact.

hollythesnare- Thanks! I always think my pictures look more like Kouki Saitou's than Ken Sugimori's, who is by far the "official" artist of the franchise. Yes, colored pencils are within my budget, especially considering I'm using ones I've owned for a few years. (I color rarely, lol.)

Thanks for the complimentation again, everyone. ^_^

I've brought some more doodles to share. Only one is colored this time, but I think that one came out much nicer than the three single-Pokemon pics from before. There won't be any shading, since I don't bother when I just draw for fun and practice. And also, some of the Pokemon might be kinda small. When I'm in the middle of drawing a lot, my pictures just seem to get smaller and smaller. >_>

Here you go:
random team sample
a bunch of my favorites, including shiny
random regional groups, plus Mew and Mewtwo
Mewtwo pose practice with Piplup and Lucario

I'll dig up some more later. If anyone wants to see a specific Pokemon, I'll see if I have it. ^_^

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Upload the ones you did for me that one time :D. I think it was either a Cleffa or Azurill... I forgot XD

Anyways yay, you got a scanner! Like I said before, your art is really good. The only critique I have is when you do color them, sometimes the color doesn't look as smooth as it could (see shiny Umbreon in the favorites pic). But it's still really good :]

Holy crap. O__O Those are amazing too! I LOVE that Feraligatr! These really do look like they could be official, you know. Well... rough drafts of official. The Mewtwo page is really cool (even though I don't like Mewtwo... lol). The proportions look perfect.

The picture with the Rotom and the lawnmower is really cute. lol It looks like Umbreon is shaking. lol

The only bit of criticism I have this time is that Tangrowth looks like it's lacking some vines... but whatever. It still looks good.

shadowkami

Internet Hustla'
Oh my God. Those are excellent Profesco... I envy your skilled fan art drawings. Keep up the good work...I'd love to see more.

mew801

Wow these are amazing. You are an amazing drawer. I wish I could draw like that and i know many other people do too. Keep up the great work

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Great drawings, Profesco. Good style, the Pokémon look official! If possible, could you post a drawing of a Turtwig if you have drawn one? Keep up the good work!