• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Press that button, Jimmy!(Ubers RMT)

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
OH, reflect.

So Lugia, then a Forrtress.

I MIGHT consider Fortress.
Should i use this Toxic Spikes set?

~ Toxic Spikes
~ Gyro Ball / Payback
~ Rapid Spin
~ Explosion / Reflect / Rest
252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
Relaxed

IS this fine?

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Looks fine although you don't even need payback or gyro ball in ubers.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Looks fine although you don't even need payback or gyro ball in ubers.

Paybacks for the endless amount of Phychics.

I'll add in the Fortress set instead of Metagross.

Is there anything else i need to do?

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
I'd do either spikes or reflect and explosion as you must have explosion to stop chompy.

WAIT WAIT WAIT

Holy **** ****. What is the OT on your Kyogre? What the crap, I think I traded that to you.. years ago.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
WAIT WAIT WAIT

Holy **** ****. What is the OT on your Kyogre? What the crap, I think I traded that to you.. years ago.

whut?
I mean, what?
Your kinda scaring me a little there.
I probably never traded with you. In fact, the only member of this team ready is Forretress.

I'd do either spikes or reflect and explosion as you must have explosion to stop chompy.

I'll do Reflect.
Explosion is good.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Is the rest of your team okay? Tell me if you need anymore help.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
The point of this forretress is to have both explosion and reflect to set up and suicide on an outrage chomp or any other dragon. Get rid of payback. Keep darkrai as lead. I still think mix scarf palkia is better than dialga as it is faster.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
The point of this forretress is to have both explosion and reflect to set up and suicide on an outrage chomp or any other dragon. Get rid of payback. Keep darkrai as lead. I still think mix scarf palkia is better than dialga as it is faster.

Dialga was reccommended by some people because of my glaring Sd Rayquaza Weakness with Palkia.
I had a Mix Scarf Palkia before Scarf Dialga, and i opted for it since i had a Timid Dialga already, so yeah.

Forretress is fixed.
Darkrai will stay then.

Last call (ok, probably not) Any more glaring weaknesses?

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
I've managed fine using scarf palkia as it can survive extremespeed. Just change forry and you are fine.

I've managed fine using scarf palkia as it can survive extremespeed. Just change forry and you are fine.

+2 Rayquaza Extremespeed does 86.29% - 101.56% to Palkia, a OHKO 87% of the time with Stealth Rocks. So I call BS on Palkia countering it.

Run Payback on Forretress or else your team is annihilated by Giratina-O. Drop something for Spikes, since Mewtwo rips apart teams with Spikes down. Run Sassy (or Careful) with 252 HP / 252 Special Defense since Forretress isn't going to be using those attack EVs as much as it will be taking Latias Thunders and Giratina-O Aura Spheres.

Ice Beam / Aura Sphere gets the best offensive coverage on Mewtwo.

You have very little offense here. Only Mewtwo and Dialga have any real strength to them. Test out Specs Kyogre instead or Rest/Talk since its boosted hits wreck every pokemon for a 2HKO at worst. Water Spout 2HKOs Blissey and even Palkia (a 4x resist). Its super-standard, but can easily net several kills per game.

Good luck with your team.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Palkia can kill giratina though. So can palkia kill mewtwo. Add some def EVs to palkia and take out atk EVs.

Freakshow

Jibaku
Alright I'm not going to go too in depth on this so bear with me

First of all
jibblies out of my walls sometimes..
-_______-

Anyways let's settle down on the movesets shall we? Let's assume, for this part, that I change no member of your team
- Try to snag a Timid Darkrai if you can.
- I suggest going with the Boosting tank set on Kyogre since your team lacks any form of offensive prowess really.
- Blissey: Seismic Toss/Toxic/Stealth Rock/Softboiled - Your team needs a Stealth Rocker. That or Ho-oh will badly punish your team, because not even Kyogre will take on its absurdly powerful Brave Birds.
- Mewtwo: Taunt/CM/Ice Beam/Aura Sphere. You can also try Recover > Aura Sphere if you don't mind Darkrai all that much. Taunt/Calm Mind/Recover/Ice Beam can harass opsing stall a lot, and even more with Toxic Spikes support. Just be aware that you're off with one attack here.
- Forretress: Change nature to Careful, use this moveset: Payback/Toxic Spikes/Spikes/Rapid Spin. DO NOT USE A -SPEED NATURE unless you want to lose badly to Wobbuffet. EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 SDef

Something that's bugging me a lot with this team is the lack of spinblocker. A good stall team will completely wreck your team by spinning away your hazards while putting theirs up (which you can't effectively spin due to them having a Ghost, which every stall team MUST have). Giratina-O would be a good option somewhere on your team, due to its ability to destroy Forretress and blocking Rapid Spin, while being immune to Toxic Spikes and Spikes through Levitate. It would have been a nice fit over Darkrai, who as far as I'm concerned doesn't do anything for your overall team. Unfortunately, if you're doing this on the DS Giratina-O isn't an option unless you 1) use an AR to allow it to be used on WiFi, 2) battle someone wirelessly, or 3) battle on Shoddy.

So with that said, your best option is possibly Calm Mind/Dragon Pulse/Rest/Sleep Talk Giratina-A.

Next up I recommend Scarf Palkia > Dialga. Main reason being nothing in your team is able to take on a Choice Specs Water Spout from Kyogre. If you're concerned about Rayquaza, you can stuff some Defense EVs on Mewtwo so that it survives +2 Life Orb ExtremeSpeed from Adamant Rayquaza after Stealth Rock damage. 68 Defense EVs is enough for Mewtwo to survive after Stealth Rock damage + one turn of Leftovers from Adamant Ray (which kinda sucks tbh because Adamant Ray gets outsped by +speed tina-o and +speed Dialga, but that's for another story...). Alternatively, max HP/max Speed on Mewtwo can work, especially if you're going with Taunt/CM/IB/Recover.

You -may- want to consider Groudon over Kyogre here, if because Bulk Up Dialga and Kingdra are really annoying to your team. Sunlight also weakens Aqua Tails from opposing Palkia, and Groudon can provide your team with an extra Rayquaza check, as well as being able to phaze and set up Stealth Rock (which frees blissey up a moveslot). Since your team overall lacks the ability to take on physical hits, Groudon may be right for you. Groudon can also lead your team.

tl; dr: Your final team after these changes is Groudon/Forretress/Giratina/Blissey/Palkia/Mewtwo. You may choose to lead with Forretress instead of Groudon if that is to your liking

With these movesets:
Blissey - SToss/Ice Beam/Toxic/Softboiled
Mewtwo - Taunt/Calm Mind/Ice Beam/[Recover/Aura Sphere]
Palkia @ Choice Scarf (Hasty) - Outrage/Spacial Rend/[Fire Blast/Flamethrower]/Thunder
Giratina - Calm Mind/Dragon Pulse/Rest/Sleep Talk
Forretress - Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Payback/Rapid Spin
Groudon - SR/EQ/Stone Edge (for Ho-oh, mainly)/Roar

The lack of Levitating Pokemon may be bothersome, although CB Groudon is rarely used so you're not in a tight spot for the most part.

That is all. If you can use Giratina-O > Giratina, by all means do so as it provides your team with a better Spin blocker and Levitate. The optimal moveset to use for Giratina-O is HP Fire/Draco Meteor/Shadow Sneak/Outrage

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Alright I'm not going to go too in depth on this so bear with me

First of all
Whats wrong with my styles? D:
-_______-

Anyways let's settle down on the movesets shall we? Let's assume, for this part, that I change no member of your team
- Try to snag a Timid Darkrai if you can. Can attempt at that.
- I suggest going with the Boosting tank set on Kyogre since your team lacks any form of offensive prowess really. Basically have this set up.Need more reasons why to use. I have offense.
- Blissey: Seismic Toss/Toxic/Stealth Rock/Softboiled - Your team needs a Stealth Rocker. That or Ho-oh will badly punish your team, because not even Kyogre will take on its absurdly powerful Brave Birds. Can't get ahold on a Seismic Toss Blissey, which is why i opted for that other variant. No worried about Ho-Oh now, since Rain hurts it, and be Toxic Spike'd, and Kyroge can Surf it constantly, and Rest off the damage after wards.
- Mewtwo: Taunt/CM/Ice Beam/Aura Sphere. You can also try Recover > Aura Sphere if you don't mind Darkrai all that much. Taunt/Calm Mind/Recover/Ice Beam can harass opsing stall a lot, and even more with Toxic Spikes support. Just be aware that you're off with one attack here. Will change.
- Forretress: Change nature to Careful, use this moveset: Payback/Toxic Spikes/Spikes/Rapid Spin. DO NOT USE A -SPEED NATURE unless you want to lose badly to Wobbuffet. EVs: 252 HP / 6 Atk / 252 SDef
Why Spikes and Toxic Spikes?
Why not Stealth Rock+Toxic Spikes?
this would hurt things like Lugia and Ho-Oh alot more.

Something that's bugging me a lot with this team is the lack of spinblocker. A good stall team will completely wreck your team by spinning away your hazards while putting theirs up (which you can't effectively spin due to them having a Ghost, which every stall team MUST have). Giratina-O would be a good option somewhere on your team, due to its ability to destroy Forretress and blocking Rapid Spin, while being immune to Toxic Spikes and Spikes through Levitate. It would have been a nice fit over Darkrai, who as far as I'm concerned doesn't do anything for your overall team. Unfortunately, if you're doing this on the DS Giratina-O isn't an option unless you 1) use an AR to allow it to be used on WiFi, 2) battle someone wirelessly, or 3) battle on Shoddy.
Don't have access to Shoddy yet, but will in the spring.
NOT using AR.
Wi-Fi only.
So Giratina-O is practically useless right now.

So with that said, your best option is possibly Calm Mind/Dragon Pulse/Rest/Sleep Talk Giratina-A. Might give this a try.
I Don't see why I need a spin blocker. If something comes in and spins the stuff away, i'll just set it right back up.

Next up I recommend Scarf Palkia > Dialga. Main reason being nothing in your team is able to take on a Choice Specs Water Spout from Kyogre. If you're concerned about Rayquaza, you can stuff some Defense EVs on Mewtwo so that it survives +2 Life Orb ExtremeSpeed from Adamant Rayquaza after Stealth Rock damage. 68 Defense EVs is enough for Mewtwo to survive after Stealth Rock damage + one turn of Leftovers from Adamant Ray (which kinda sucks tbh because Adamant Ray gets outsped by +speed tina-o and +speed Dialga, but that's for another story...). Alternatively, max HP/max Speed on Mewtwo can work, especially if you're going with Taunt/CM/IB/Recover.
We already went over Scarf Dialga. Dialga is ny Rayquaza counter. I have a +Speed nature Dialga.

You -may- want to consider Groudon over Kyogre here, if because Bulk Up Dialga and Kingdra are really annoying to your team. Sunlight also weakens Aqua Tails from opposing Palkia, and Groudon can provide your team with an extra Rayquaza check, as well as being able to phaze and set up Stealth Rock (which frees blissey up a moveslot). Since your team overall lacks the ability to take on physical hits, Groudon may be right for you. Groudon can also lead your team.
Groudon isn't going to help much, and Kyroge can do just as well.

tl; dr: Your final team after these changes is Groudon/Forretress/Giratina/Blissey/Palkia/Mewtwo. You may choose to lead with Forretress instead of Groudon if that is to your liking

With these movesets:
Blissey - SToss/Ice Beam/Toxic/Softboiled
Mewtwo - Taunt/Calm Mind/Ice Beam/[Recover/Aura Sphere]
Palkia @ Choice Scarf (Hasty) - Outrage/Spacial Rend/[Fire Blast/Flamethrower]/Thunder
Giratina - Calm Mind/Dragon Pulse/Rest/Sleep Talk
Forretress - Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Payback/Rapid Spin
Groudon - SR/EQ/Stone Edge (for Ho-oh, mainly)/Roar

The lack of Levitating Pokemon may be bothersome, although CB Groudon is rarely used so you're not in a tight spot for the most part.

That is all. If you can use Giratina-O > Giratina, by all means do so as it provides your team with a better Spin blocker and Levitate. The optimal moveset to use for Giratina-O is HP Fire/Draco Meteor/Shadow Sneak/Outrage

Changing Forrtress to Sassy, or Careful.

Changed Forry some more,

got a Booooooosting tank Kyroge.

changed some other stuff.

Last edited:

Freakshow

Jibaku
I Don't see why I need a spin blocker. If something comes in and spins the stuff away, i'll just set it right back up.
That's the problem. THey could spin yours away, AND set up theirs, while you can't get rid of theirs because they have a Spin blocker. No, I'm not talking about them trying to set up on Forry. I mean like set up entry hazards on Scarf Palkia's Spacial Rend or Blissey, then later coming back in whenever possible to Spin. This puts you at a horrible disadvantage against stall teams. No team wants to be at a disadvantage against stall, because once you do, you have no chance.

We already went over Scarf Dialga. Dialga is ny Rayquaza counter. I have a +Speed nature Dialga.
Scarf Dialga won't handle Jolly Dragon Dance Rayquaza, which apparently is a pain to your team too. No don't tell me Jolly DDRay does not exist - it's the preferred nature on the Dragon Dancer so you're bound to see quite a bit of them, assuming you're facing good players. Plus, you have nothing for Specs Spout. Scarf Dialga can be OHKOed by Water Spout - yes it is that powerful. I went over how to stop SDRay with what you have.

Scarf Palkia >>>> Scarf Dialga here. Trust me.

Groudon isn't going to help much, and Kyroge can do just as well.
Fine

Last edited: