• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pressure for foreign language learning

Quagsire1

Quagsire Fan
To the OP, I would say to go for it. You have a career in mind which you would definitely excel in much more if you worked in Japan than anywhere else in the world. Start as soon as possible.

Thanks, I definitely will! I already know kana and some Japanese vocab that I just picked up over time. I'm also currently starting with the Genki Elementary Japanese textbooks and teaching myself Grade 1 kanji.

I'm native to English, but I do sorta feel pressured by school and all to learn Spanish. I'd like to learn it, it's just that it's hard to learn Spanish the way our teachers teach it. But if there's one language I want to learn, it's Russian. Russian's have the coolest accents. :)

Last edited:

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I do in the sense that my university requires 2 semesters of it. I have already completed one semester of Chinese, and I will have to reluctantly return to finish the requirement

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Little bit of Spanish I should learn, but don't care otherwise. It's nice that Engineering doesn't require a Language portion of the Core at my school