• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pretty Cure

RLinksoul

I'm currently watching Heartcatch Precure. I've heard that all the Precure seasons are pretty similar, so I asked around which one people said was the best. They pointed me in the direction of Heartcatch. I'm not disappointed.

Loving the super powered fighting that's unlike anything I've ever seen in a Magical Girl anime, the dazzling visuals. Plenty of great character development. By episode 29 it's safe to say I would be pretty depressed if one of these girls died.

Heartcatch has a victim of the week thing going with it's filler episodes. Much of them focus on some character with an emotional problem that gets manipulated, turning them into the monsters they fight. On a really bad filler episode, the main girls can be on screen for only five minutes of the episode, fighting aside. Transformation sequences taking too long (almost two minutes) are another thing, good thing I can just skip those. Another thing that's exceedingly repetitive is when the monster of the week fights suddenly stop for this usual exchange.

Monster: *cries out the victim's problem*
Villain: *mocks the victim's problem*
Precure: *Defend the victim's problem* and if it's Cure Blossom, nine out of ten times she'll utter an annoying catchphrase, outlining what problem the villain is manipulating and going on about how her tolerance is at it's limit. Then the other one utters a similar line involving oceans.

At this point I can't say if I'd watch any of the other seasons, especially if they don't have the same awesome fighting as this one. Sadly I don't think this season's ever gonna get licensed. Only the first one has so far and there are a lot more to go...

irishdax

Pokemon Breeder
I'm currently watching Suite Precure....

I picked up an interest in Pretty Cure since Fresh, and have watched most of the previous series since then. I have seen a few episodes of Pretty Cure and Max Heart (they were alright), I've watched all of Splash Star (loved the whole Kiryuu sisters thing). I've seen what has been subbed of YPC5 and GoGo and it seems alright too.

It was Fresh that really got me hooked with the whole Eas/Setsuna thing. Really liked that. Heartcatch of course was excellent (and quite a different art style to previous seasons) and I'm beginning to like Suite now that Beat has been introduced and the have the Healing Chest. I think things will have to pick up storyline wise soon enough.

Black Frost

aka. SHAOTANZHITEN
I watched the first season when it was on TV here in Germany. Although I usually don't like magical girl anime that much, I found it decent. Haven't watched any of the other seasons though.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I was watching the first season of Pretty Cure (subtitled), but got lazy with it and it's been on stall for a while (I'm talking months).

Though from what I've watched so far, I like the first seson's originality (of course it's not completely original, but in it's own sense/genre it is), and Mipple and Mepple are pretty darn cute.

danparker

Well, I was watching the english dub of Pretty Cure on Megavideo a few months ago, and I thought it wasn't too bad of a show. It's really decent. Even though some people are calling it a rip off of Sailor Moon.

RLinksoul

Even though some people are calling it a rip off of Sailor Moon.

That's pretty much all Magical Girl anime anywhere. Sailor Moon is so famous that even stuff made before it gets accused of ripping off it.

And really, inspiration drawing aside, how different can you make the concept of "Girl gains magic and fights evil monsters." so that it doesn't seem anything like Sailor Moon?

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
I just watched the first episode. It looks good, and it's only 47 episodes (it does have multiple series...). I might watch more tomorrow, though I don't feel like watching much of anything lately. :/

RLinksoul

Just finished the Heartcatch Precure movie. I give it an 8/10. Great new characters, beautiful animation, plenty of focus put on the main characters (Instead of on random victims of the week like the series) The only points I can give against it are the fighting, pretty minimal compared to the series proper, but the story more than makes up for it.

irishdax

Pokemon Breeder
Just finished the Heartcatch Precure movie. I give it an 8/10. Great new characters, beautiful animation, plenty of focus put on the main characters (Instead of on random victims of the week like the series) The only points I can give against it are the fighting, pretty minimal compared to the series proper, but the story more than makes up for it.

I really liked the Heartcatch Precure movie. Unlike the other Precure movies it was set in a real world location and it was also sort of canon given that they referenced Yuri's father and Dune. It was also nice that there wasn't a focus on the miracle lights like in the other series movies. I did like Moonlight's and Salamander's fight though.

I should actually watch this. Mos tof my friends tll me I should. Among other things, but this is on the list. Since there are so many series: where should I start?

One of the worst girls anime ever:/

Are you gonna back this statement up (since it needs it, as this is a pretty heavy accusation), or is just an empty knee-jerk response?

irishdax

Pokemon Breeder
I should actually watch this. Mos tof my friends tll me I should. Among other things, but this is on the list. Since there are so many series: where should I start?

Well only 4 of them have been fully subbed with english. Futariwa, Max Heart, Splash Star and Heartcatch.

I would start with the original Futariwa to get the feel of the original premise of the show, then Heartcatch.

Heartcatch has quite a different art style to the other series but the storyline is quite intriguing and it is darker overall than other series. Deffo a good one to watch!

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
Are the other series dubbed? I finally found the entire Futariwa series dubbed, but I haven't looked for the others.

irishdax

Pokemon Breeder

Lulamoon

Cheese for everyone!
I finally feel like watching animé again. I just watched episodes 20-22 of the original series. It's sad... I though Kirea would change and continue to be friends with Hanna, but... I kind of miss him.