1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

//PREVIEW\\ Destiny Journeys: Threnody

Discussion in 'The Authors' Café' started by //Mix\\, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATTENTION, BOYS AND GERMS.

Utter spontaneity is my prerogative, so I have no other justification than that I felt like it. >:3

This is

the second part

to that weird fic

some of you may have heard of

from way back when.

Destiny Journeys: Healing of Hearts.

PLEASE EXCUSE THE ANNOYING TITLE. TIS TOO LATE TO CHANGE IT NOW. T___T

NOTHING TO IT BUT TO DO IT.

///+++DESTINY JOURNEYS: THRENODY+++\\\

(.preview.)

There was nothing so safe as hatred. Blind hatred. Quiet hatred. Hatred without passion or reason. For to hate patiently was to forget and be forgiven by all that had once threatened.

.river.
    Scattered droplets of
    .memory.
    Of what had once been pure
    Whole
    Glass broken becomes
    .worthless.​

.storm.
    Cold blades of
    .endurance.
    Warming as the seasons change
    Accepting that which
    .devours him.​

.flames.
    Known to be so
    .uncontrollable.
    Tamed now with terror
    Watching the rise of
    .smoke​

We all know how messed up we are.

I'm a lie. People look at me and laugh at my childishness, at my innocence, at my cluelessness. I'm a reflection of their smile.

I just have to pray to f*cking God nobody dares to peek beneath the surface.

Because they'd see the terror. The twisted desire to live only as a reflection and not a person, because if somebody saw past this facade, Mix Morissette would become a name spoken only in reverent horror at the dejeneration of a human mind.

I think I'm insane. Nobody knows this.

I hate him to save him.

He's the only one I want to save anymore.

To hell with everyone else.​

Merry Christmas, chums.

So, do you think I should go with it?

~Mix

2. Divinity_123

Divinity_123 shove 'er in! ;O

I thought you were dead lol

Yes, go with it. But Threnody? WTF? *dictionary.com*

3. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

OMFG. OH. EM. EFF. JEE.

You are my idol *praises*

I like this and love your writing. I can't wait to read more :D

4. Maze

Maze I review too!

liveletlovemix!!! I fell off the wagon last time, and didn't keep up with the last fic. Could I jump right into this one or will it not make sense to me?

5. Um.

I'm inclined to ask "How?", unless this is going to be a "same universe, completely unrelated people" sort of thing, in which case my question is "Is it?"

In which case I hope there no occurrence of magical anti-lightning wind. >_>;

6. niedude

niedude Don't forget to grin

O.O

WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED!?

I expected an LJ entry D<

Regardless...

WHEEEEEE!

I have totally no clue of what I just read, other than the fact I liked it.
    A lot.

And umm... Threnody?
    I guess this is set in the DJ world, but a few years after she saved Seito (zOMG I CAN STILL PRONOUNCE IT) but with a new cast?

Hmmm....
    Maybe not...

I need to go to ze dictionary and find out what Threnody means...

Someone take that thesaurus away from her >.<

EDIT:

Sooo, thats what Threnody means. My hype level just went up by 150%.
    Feed my emoness, NAOW.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  7. Rixec

Rixec Shadow Trainer

Eeeeeek! OMG, I'm a boy and I 'eeeeeek'. I thought you were gone for good, you are one of my top three favorite authors on the forums. Must read new story, but have to wait, grrr. [Begging removed.] I can't believe you're back! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2008
  8. Silawen

Silawen Fanfiction Critic

I'm going to have to say the same thing Wondrous Sableye did. Is this going to revolve around the same characters, or completely new ones?

The reason I'm asking is because you seemed pretty convinced your character was - and I'm sorry for having to bring this word up again - a Sue and that it was a bad thing. If this story includes the same characters, then I'm just concerned how you're going to remedy that. It's almost impossible unless you completely change Mix and her friends, which means they're not the same characters any more and you could have created new ones instead. Since you mentioned Mix in your story-preview, this worries me.

If it does include separate characters, then I'm just wondering why it's still a part of the Destiny Journeys series. Because it'll involve a special destiny? (Which makes me uncomfortable too, but...meh.) That doesn't seem necessary.

Aside from that I think the title could put people off, so you may want to explain what it is while posting. ^^

I'm curious to hear your answers. I am looking forward to see your new and improved work, though, since your writing skills were rather good and I'm excited to read what you can come up with.

9. Diddy

Diddy Renegade

*glances into thread*

Golly gee whiz Batman!

Yes my overexcitable chum, Mix has indeed returned.

But then again dynamic duo, do you even care? Not if you can't make a hilarious emo spin of the title. But this one will try.

I must say that upon first reading the title, I thought the word Theodicy rather than Threnody, so my first impressions were heightened somewhat from the mile deep pit of pain, anguish and dark thoughts that I call my mind (only by a few metres or so I should say) but upon reading the prefix, it suddenly plunged a few hundred metres, utterly negating any hope of me reading the fic.

Continue as you are however, fanboys and fangirls in tow. I'm sure they'll serve your every need. (They won't exactly disagree if you ask them)

Tatty-bye!

10. EonMaster One

EonMaster One saeculum harmonia

o.o Holy unexpected career resurrection, Batman!

When the heck did you get back?

No doubt, you went on a journey of solitude to improve your craft, is that it?

I'm looking forward to it...especially since a word in your title is apparently not in the dictionary. o.o

- ;196; EM1

11. Umbreon Ruler

Umbreon Ruler Swim for your life.

Sounds... interesting. Not much to go by though. Everything I want to know has been asked so I'm just posting so say that I'll be reading.

Oh, and try not to make it too dark. One of the great things about the original was the comedy.

12. Manaphyman

Manaphyman Up all night

I can't deny that it sounds intresting, and that I used to admire your writing.

But I will not be reading it, for many personal reasons that I would like to keep my own. Good luck to you though!

13. Araleon

Araleon Chill

Awesome. :)

Anyways, Destiny Journeys: Threnody?

...Threnody? What's that?

Hold on, I'll check and post it.

A song or poem of lamentation?

Whoa. Now I'm even more excited.

So it is involving Mix, so thusly Seito and Stripper-kun?

Is this a sequel, or a remake, or what?

I'll be reading. <nods>

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  14. #Chimecho#

#Chimecho# Truth[N]Love

Didn't read Destiny Journeys: Healing of Hearts, but I just might want to.

The best to say to this is... What did i just read?
    I am interested. I shall anxiously await this.

15. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

Hi, it's me again T_T

I just wanted to say some things that I was curious about;

In DJ:HoH, you had the last chapter revolving around Tatsuki and Robin's wedding.....this doesn't sound quite like it's set in the future. I'm pretty sure Mix wouldn't be this upset about it still nor hate everyone in the world. Gah, sorry I am being nitpicky, but I was wondering...

16. Azurne

Azurne ~ ♥ ~

Um, I'll be frankly honest here Mix. I tried reading Destiny Journeys: Healing of Hearts, and to me it seemed to be one gigantic Mary Sue fiction. Yes, it was well-written, but I could not get past that barrier, and it ruined it for me. :/

This seems like a bad move on your part to resurrect it, sequel it, or whatever. I realize you're a spontaneous creature, and this may have seemed like the greatest idea ever, but stop and think to yourself seriously. You've already established your characters, ones which are... ah, basically Sues, and you're planning to use them? You're a great writer Mix, don't give into temptation or whatever it's called. >.> You can write a lot better than anguished pain speshul destiny stuff.

Just thought I'd throw my $.02.

17. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

He is right, Mix, but I think that with this being based on Mix coping with Seito's death (or I am assuming, because that's what I got out of the preview xP) Mix can have more CD during this Fic. I know that Mix will not be the same now because of the death, and because you said that she was going to fall hard for Seito :D With Mix not caring about anyone else gives you so muhc opportunity to give her some flaws/more characteristics to make her less of a Sue. Tatsuki was fine before the Fic ended IMO. He had a good personality, you could obviously keep him in character, and he wasn't as much of a Sue :) Seito's dead, so we shouldn't need to worry much about him....unless you plan on using the whole supernatural concept of DJ to bring him back? I wonder....

18. fishyfool

fishyfool And a nice chianti

*rises from seizure pit*

HOW THE HELL IN ROMANCE-ALLERGIC EMO-CORRUPTING AZELF DID I MISS THIS!?

Tis been an age since I had the ability to read awesome ficness and make amusing commentary and speculation best reserved for the Anime section.

Needless to say, dear, it's spelled 'Derogatory', but that aside, I feel interetsted.

SO, yeah, you should totally go for it. It'd keep this fish entertained anyways.

Idiot conspiracy says that this is actually Seito 'From the beyond, chilling with Fat Maggot' Shigure in whatever plane the dead are liable to squander around in, wishing to head to the world of the living to try and stop some new evil, possibly Sterling M and his neo-Galactic flunkies, from awakening Giratina and demolishing Sinnoh.

Maybe.

*waives Suki-shorts-on-a-stick*

19. Shiny Venusaur

Shiny Venusaur The Prodigal Son

OMG MIX IS BACK!!!

anyway I would read it, I enjoyed the last one, healing hearts.
    and I liked the preview

20. Armored Zangoose

Armored Zangoose Well-Known Member

OMQFRGGGRAPEFRUITLAWLZWTF!!!???

..."OMQ"?

*Exits Hyperness*

Thee Mixeth hath returned!

I'm assuming this is Mix dealing with Mrs. Claus'(I steal remember all of Seito's nicknames ZOMG) death?

But, I'm more concerned with what happened to Resu Shigure and Seito's pokemon(Carcino, the great Big Mouth of DOOM! Yayz!), as well as Jet's, Resu's and Stripper-Kun's(Still remember Tatsuki's nicknames too LOL)reactions to Seito's death.

I don't know if I want Seito back or not, myself. Huh...

Anyway, glad your'e back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.