• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Preview of upcoming episodes, battles with Shota, Wulfric, Diantha, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hopefully Talonflame takes the fall if anyone. Noivern needs a chance to shine. And the bird's hogged enough gym battles

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The Ash + Greninja bit looks ridiculous and not in a good way. Guess they're really running out of budget after the Master Class.
Care to explain? We didn't see much but the animation and designs looked fine enough to me.

Okay yeah why couldn't they just make Ash-Greninja an actual Mega Evolution? I guess too OP for Ash.
Alain already stated the energy released is the same as a mega evolution, so it still is possible that this forme is a mega evolution, just an unstable one because no items are being used.

Hi Diantha! Wasn't sure if we'd see you again!

Just please tell me Ash & Ash-Greninja don't defeat her...
You don't really believe that is a possibility do you?

The most Ash can probably hope for is that he and Greninja will prove tough enough for Diantha to actually mega evolve her Gardevoir. That would be an accomplishment in and of itself.

Master_Tyrell

I really don't understand why people complain or question why Ash-Greninja is not mega.... we have no idea what it is, please, how about we wait and see how it works? From what we see it does need something to control the form given Ash has some bracelet and Greninja too. Whether that is a Sun&Moon mechanism or just unique for Ash we don't know yet. So, if we find out it's just unique for Ash then by all means question why they didn't just use a mega, but right now it is just similar and there's important questions still unanswered.

With that out of the way, I loved the preview and I can't wait to see the episodes. Talonflame in the last gym was almost a given. Hopefully it is more than a 3v3 so we can have Noivern participate, if not then don't have Pikachu and have all 3 flying types in the battle. Nice to see Diantha again, though. Maybe she has some knowledge on Ash-Greninja and is the one that helps Ash out. Shota appearing again is wonderful, lets hope for a good battle.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
It's troubling that Wulfric is only seen with 2 Pokemon...

I've become attuned to XY butchering the gym leaders. Valerie and Olympia had downgraded teams so I expected something like this. At least his main attractions are there.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
In all my years I don't think I've ever seen Ash's face drawn in such an intense fashion (in that first split second). Felt almost like a completely different show. lol.

And Wulfric's Gym looks beautiful. Like Snowpeak Temple.

DotKU

Champion
After a long time it looks like the XY Train is back at it!!

So Ash and Greninja have that bracelet thing now hmmmm. I hope that Wulfric has 6 pokemon or a mega at least but that gym battle is finally drawing near!! Also it looks like Alain and Ash's rematch is happening pretty soon and I hope it starts the depression(?) arc finally. And I'm glad Shota's also gonna battle Ash again, hopefully Shota wins. And I don't know whats going on with the Pikachu episode but it looks interesting nonetheless. AND Diantha's back, wow the first one of those "we will meet again" promises fulfilled...

Last edited:

crimson_echidna

If Ash and Greninja really are going to have trouble in paradise, I can imagine Ash losing all three matches to Alain, Saywer, and Diantha.

pika250

Snowpoint or snowpeak? Apparently you're confusing sinnoh with zelda twilight princess.

According to picross, ash-greninja functions just like a mega would: cannot run regular greninja and ash-greninja on the same party, much like you can't run, say, regular charizard and mega charizard-x simultaneously. But you can run ash-greninja alongside mega charizard-x, which would be contrary to the usual "one mega at a time" rule if it was a mega. Similarly, shuffle has an ash-greninja sprite as well, but it's not officially in the game (as of v.1.3.x) and there's no mega stone-like item for greninja in the game either; it's its own separate icon, like the "pikachu emoji" ones, as the hackers confirmed. So it's certainly not treated as a mega there either.

Last edited:

diakyu

All I have to say is Greninja needs to take a seat for the Wulfric gym with his three confirmed official battles upcoming. Also Talonflame with the 8 gym battles. Amazing.

diakyu

IMO, it's too soon for SM promo, but that bracelet is definetly something important.
Reading through the thread, it's likely too late for this actually. The Zygarde forms have to be in some game.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Please tell me those bracelets aren't some way of fixing all of Ash-Greninja's transformation woes because that feels like a cop out.

Status
Not open for further replies.