• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pride discourse.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
In regards to the bolded bit, is that what you believe happens at pride? That there's an underground network of secret sexual abuse on par with what takes place with the Catholic church or whatever? I'm very confused.

I agree kids shouldn't be sexualized, but being in the same space as someone in bondage gear or something doesn't sexualize them. It's okay if you're more conservative and you want kids to be around that kind of thing, but there's precious little to go on that suggests its harmful. Plus, all that's really happening at pride is that your kid is seeing these people exist. That doesn't really harm them.

It's not like you're leaving your kid with a troop of leather daddies all day and coming back to pick them at night lmao. Like yeah Billie was good all day, first we colored spider man coloring books and then we taught him the proper use of anal beads. That just isn't what happens. You're literally just seeing these people in passing and that's it
You know how Extreme Christian or any Religious groups or any ideological groups will be used kids in their so called "Wars'' to protecting/ prove they are "chosen ones whom shall lead the worlds" it is most dangerous mindset exists

Durrendal

In regards to the bolded bit, is that what you believe happens at pride? That there's an underground network of secret sexual abuse on par with what takes place with the Catholic church or whatever? I'm very confused.

I agree kids shouldn't be sexualized, but being in the same space as someone in bondage gear or something doesn't sexualize them. It's okay if you're more conservative and you don't kids to be around that kind of thing, but there's precious little to go on that suggests its harmful. Plus, all that's really happening at pride is that your kid is seeing these people exist. That doesn't really harm them.

It's not like you're leaving your kid with a troop of leather daddies all day and coming back to pick them at night lmao. Like yeah Billie was good all day, first we colored spider man coloring books and then we taught him the proper use of anal beads. That just isn't what happens. You're literally just seeing these people in passing and that's it
There must be some formatting issue because I can't see any bolded bits but I can guess. Pride itself isn't as large and complex (yet) as the church so first of all, the scale of sexual abuse can't compare. But indeed, I believe it happens. And you misunderstood me. Parents in cults take part in abusing chindren believing it's good in their structure. I'm saying the same for Pride.

There simply hasn't been enough studies to judge what exactly happens to kids exposed to hypersexual exhibitions. Personally, I think it's nothing good. I'd rather kids not hang around the displays I've seen in pride. No, most of pride isn't like that I know but some, dear gods.

Frankly, you're speaking from a position of pro-kids in pride. And me from anti-kids in pride. So you believe nothing bad happens, I believe it does.

Redstar45

Can you explain a bit more? I'm a bit lost how it connects to child abuse.
It is Based on ideas of children grown up in such household ideals of any Religious beliefs that must hold up as the goals start can grown up train to hate or comfort sheeps in way of gods or kill them you must believe in gods to save your wicked soul or live in devil's hell

There must be some formatting issue because I can't see any bolded bits but I can guess. Pride itself isn't as large and complex (yet) as the church so first of all, the scale of sexual abuse can't compare. But indeed, I believe it happens. And you misunderstood me. Parents in cults take part in abusing chindren believing it's good in their structure. I'm saying the same for Pride.

There simply hasn't been enough studies to judge what exactly happens to kids exposed to hypersexual exhibitions. Personally, I think it's nothing good. I'd rather kids not hang around the displays I've seen in pride. No, most of pride isn't like that I know but some, dear gods.

Frankly, you're speaking from a position of pro-kids in pride. And me from anti-kids in pride. So you believe nothing bad happens, I believe it does.

I'm speaking from a "neutral kids being at pride position." Bring them or don't bring them, it's up to you, but I don't think scantily clad dudes dancing on a float do any real damage beyond maybe confusion, i.e "Mom, those guys are weird." I don't think it's some positive, enriching experience either.

But if I did misunderstand you, may I ask where? If the point of comparison between the church and pride isn't that both of them have rampant sexual abuse taking place, it's that both of them are cults. Optically, I am not really seeing which one of those assertions looks better.

And why do you think that takes place at pride, at least at a greater rate than normal than what's common for large social gatherings/festivals? I don't know, you're kinda losing me. I'm not saying no one has been abused in the history of pride ever, but it's a very strange and specific suspicion that this kind of thing takes place and parents look the other way "for the cause"

Mhm yes, we all give our first born sons to leather daddies at pride to ensure a good harvest lmao

Last edited:

Redstar45

I'm speaking from a "neutral kids being at pride position." Bring them or don't bring them, it's up to you, but I don't think scantily clad dudes dancing on a float do any real damage beyond maybe confusion, i.e "Mom, those guys are weird." I don't think it's some positive, enriching experience either.

But if I did misunderstand you, may I ask where? If the point of comparison between the church and pride isn't that both of them have rampant sexual abuse taking place, it's that both of them are cults. Optically, I am not really seeing which one of those assertions looks better.

And why do you think that takes place at pride, at least at a greater rate than normal than what's common for large social gatherings/festivals? I don't know, you're kinda losing me. I'm not saying no one has been abused in the history of pride ever, but it's a very strange and specific suspicion that this kind of thing takes place and parents look the other way "for the cause"

Mhm yes, we all give our first born sons to leather daddies at pride to ensure a good harvest lmao
Did some guys whose in only interested in the female did get sexual harassment by couple of gay mens in the few years back ?
So did few ladys getting lot hit by lots of lesbians if i actually did recall the reports correctly as well
To my knowledge no reports of kids being any harassed by anyone there other then had few possible pedophiles look at them all creepily likes.
Note that was in 2013-2017 nycpd's reports.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
One thing that gets telephoned and made worse through people hearing things without much empirical evidence is a lot of LGBT events and media. We aren’t even a decade into letting two men kiss on tv not played for comedy, but shows that have gay couples kiss have higher rating standards and more censorship.

Pride has some of that I feel, where obviously it’s not going to be chaste and tame, but it becomes this “I heard from someone X bad thing is happening” and while it would be bad if it was true, it also isn’t happening so why worry about it?

That’s the problem with the bathroom bill discussion. No trans people are molesting kids, and the average trans person will avoid public restrooms unless it’s absolutely necessary, but a large amount of public discourse is “it doesn’t happen at all, but it could and that’s why we need to stop it”

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I unfriended one kid I went to high school with a few years back because he posted a pic of Target having a Pride Month store display and called it “disgusting.” Earlier this year, he sent me a friend request and I gladly deleted it and denied the request. I don’t really care about him as he was just someone that I had a few classes with and we were never actually friends to begin with. I’m sort of in between the sides when it comes to Pride. On one hand I think it’s important to teach kids to accept people for who they are as a person and not who they love yet I don’t think Pride should be overly sexualized either. I think it’s okay to hand out protection as that is important and helps prevent the spread of diseases but don’t go to a Pride event in full leather S&M gear as parents shouldn’t have to explain the get up to young curious kids and also because it’ll be incredibly hot in it as you are directly in the sun.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m not saying that such a demographic should be banned from events but they should at least not be in full leather as that is a clear health concern for heat related illnesses and shouldn’t be sexualized if children are around. A leather cap, vest, and pants and boots should be enough.

Peter Quill

star-lord
I mean they're the ones who are taking personal responsibility of risk w/r/t their health lol so that seems like a very strange suggestion. I'm sure people who wear leather frequently are able to figure out how to wear it and stay healthy in the sun lol. Baba Yaga has already explained enough in regards to the children being around the more sexual aspects of pride.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
That’s the problem with the bathroom bill discussion. No trans people are molesting kids, and the average trans person will avoid public restrooms unless it’s absolutely necessary, but a large amount of public discourse is “it doesn’t happen at all, but it could and that’s why we need to stop it”
The major problem of the bathroom bill (other than being discrimination in poor disguise) is that it really wouldn't deter sexual molesting individuals from doing the crime anyway. Are we expecting them to obey the law to not use the wrong bathroom, but not enough to actually not sexually harass people?

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
People are more concerned with pedos in non-pedo-friendly circles than
Sounds like people want easy access to kids, like Alok Ved Menon. (Not attacking OP, I meant the arguments in this vein sounds like that).

I'm also against the kiddy diddling Churches do. And kids should be removed from there as well.

I don't trust parents. Church parents have swept abuse of their own children under rugs to protect their belief structure. Parents putting kids in pride parades would do the same to protect their belief structure. Sacrifices to the cause, so to speak.

Pride isn't a family friendly event and shouldn't be. The whole 'exhibition' disgusts me, but I understand it's not for me and my disgust shouldn't matter. Kids should be kept away from their straight parents' leather bondage sex dungeons. Kids should be kept away from people in bondage gear, phalluses hanging all over them parading beside them.

Little girls(and boys) should not be considered "kinky" and never "should be sexualised". Putting kids in such spaces has given people like Menon the gall to say such disgusting, despicable things.

Inb4 called a mashup of terms: not American. Not Christian. Not white.
Always with the "queer people are or have pedos". Always. You're trotting out the same tired bigoted excuses with a different coat of paint.

Gr8 B8 M8 I r8 8/8

No seriously, why is it always pedos, pedos, pedos with bigots?

I always hear "look out for pedos in x group", whenever someone is different.

That, sex traffic, and the religious/supernatural are the trifecta for cheap excuses to assume the worst of, other, corral, butcher and seize everything from anyone who is different from a dominant group in a culture.

It's the cheapest, most baitiy thing, because people are needlessly afraid, greedy or are covering their own hypocrisy.

Stop it.

Redstar45

Always with the "queer people are or have pedos". Always. You're trotting out the same tired bigoted excuses with a different coat of paint.

Gr8 B8 M8 I r8 8/8

That, sex traffic, and the religious/supernatural are the trifecta for cheap excuses to assume the worst of, other, corral, butcher and seize everything from anyone who is different from a dominant group in a culture.

It's the cheapest, most baitiy thing, because people are needlessly afraid, greedy or are covering their own hypocrisy.

Stop it.
You can't stop pedo try get in Lgbt for providing a protected from a criminal investigation and criticism as i have lot of people who are former part of LGBT community are concerned about some like that ....their own personal opinions and word not mine

Durrendal

Gr8 B8 M8 I r8 8/8

Stop it.
Yeah, I've seen very devout religious people not believing their circles have pedos either. It's okay. It's called tribalism I think? Protecting interests of the group by sacrificing or denying the weakest members, in this case the kids.

There are literal people trying to pull stuff like "minor-attracted people" in LGBTQ circles and people held in high esteem in that community spouting things like "little girls are kinky".

People who say things like it's safe to have kids right beside dildo hanging leather daddies and the like are...we need to be wary of them. Kids are banned from strip clubs. I don't see why they can't be banned from parades with more risque things than that. Those who don't want that...they want easy access to kids.

Last edited:

Durrendal

The major problem of the bathroom bill (other than being discrimination in poor disguise) is that it really wouldn't deter sexual molesting individuals from doing the crime anyway. Are we expecting them to obey the law to not use the wrong bathroom, but not enough to actually not sexually harass people?
Isn't that like the talking point of the pro-gun lobby in America?

Gun control won't stop bad guys anyway from having illegal guns- something like that?

And gun control seeks to minimise the chance of people having guns and therefore the ability to kill in that numbers.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious

Gun control won't stop bad guys anyway from having illegal guns- something like that?

And gun control seeks to minimise the chance of people having guns and therefore the ability to kill in that numbers.
Yeah, if you're equating people wanting to ban guns with to regulations to trans people wanting to use a restroom.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Yeah, I've seen very devout religious people not believing their circles have pedos either. It's okay. It's called tribalism I think? Protecting interests of the group by sacrificing or denying the weakest members, in this case the kids.

There are literal people trying to pull stuff like "minor-attracted people" in LGBTQ circles and people held in high esteem in that community spouting things like "little girls are kinky".

People who say things like it's safe to have kids right beside dildo hanging leather daddies and the like are...we need to be wary of them. Kids are banned from strip clubs. I don't see why they can't be banned from parades with more risque things than that. Those who don't want that...they want easy access to kids.
Yes, because queer people TOTALLY sacrifice children in defense mode to give themselves 1000 horny points.

Pedos who call themselves MAPs are NEVER going to be accepted into mainstream queer discourse and you know it.

And you're still defaulting to "Queers=pedos", and equating queer people to religions and a tribe.

"Let's all go to queer church, have a BDSM orgy in prayer in front of the kids, and then proceed to vote off a child adopted by the leather daddy sect to sacrifice to Steve the pedo, whom we TOTALLY let in here because he's TOTALLY legit part of our tribe, to appease the almighty John, the disciple Jesus LOVED."

This is what you sound like.

Also, your points are verbatim thrown around by well-known bad faith actors on YouTube, Gab, Reddit, 4chan, KiwiFarms and worse places.

And since you're acting like they do, so I'm doubting your good will here.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

You're making a link that isn't there.

One of the ideas for gun regulation is extensive backgrounds checks (which imo is the most important part of it).

The problem with a lot of gun laws are that they are two lax with who can register one.

Durrendal

Yes, because queer people TOTALLY sacrifice children in defense mode to give themselves 1000 horny points.

Pedos who call themselves MAPs are NEVER going to be accepted into mainstream queer discourse and you know it.

And you're still defaulting to "Queers=pedos", and equating queer people to religions and a tribe.

"Let's all go to queer church, have a BDSM orgy in prayer in front of the kids, and then proceed to vote off a child adopted by the leather daddy sect to sacrifice to Steve the pedo, whom we TOTALLY let in here because he's TOTALLY legit part of our tribe, to appease the almighty John, the disciple Jesus LOVED."

This is what you sound like.

Also, your points are verbatim thrown around by well-known bad faith actors on YouTube, Gab, Reddit, 4chan, KiwiFarms and worse places.

And since you're acting like they do, so I'm doubting your good will here.
You'll start doubting whether the sun rises in the east if people in those forums you mentioned kept saying it. You're on full tribalism mode. You can't even accept there are Pedos in LGBTQ ranks and your only replies are weird deflections. You don't even understand what sacrifice means in this instance. Or what tribalism means.

You don't need to doubt my good will. Because...what will I have a good will for exactly? I'm not here exactly to get my mind changed about giving leather daddies easy access to kids. This isn't a debate. People who want easy access to kids aren't going to admit to it. People who think it's okay for kids to hang around parades with dildos and vaginas sticking out of the attendees are not going to change their minds.

In fact, I agree with OP. Kids shouldn't be in pride parades. Kids shouldn't be in any parades that they don't understand yet.

And you're deliberately being obtuse, or maybe it's a playbook, I don't know. I never said queers=Pedos. I said people wanting kids in a an hypersexual parade= Pedos. Just like people taking kids to strip clubs.

Anyway, you're not here to debate either. So I think that'll suffice.

Last edited: