• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Primeape Goes Bananas (025)

James' kick-the-Pokemon-to-make-it-evolve joke continues. I love it!

Even now, it's strange to hear rice balls referred to doughnuts.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I still don't get why Ash caught Primeape. Honestly, if it had been me, I'd be way ticked off and I wouldn't have wanted Primeape in my team after its rampage and hat stealing. I'm glad that Ash's Charmander got to do something here though; it learning Rage was a surprise.

phanpycross

God-king
Honestly, this was a great episode for me, and I always found that not making primeape a permenant member was a massive mistake by the writers.

It could have served like Ash's secondary powerhouse, and he would have never needed that snorlax.

I remember laughing hard at this episode every time I saw it as a kid. Mankey was adorable and Primeape was psychotic. I definitely agree with the people who said Primeape should have stayed on Ash's team.

Gillachu

Banned
Primeape in berserk mode was too much to handle and the fact that he chased Ash all the way to Celadon City was highly convenient.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked learning about the origin of Ash's cap and Mankey was kind of cute until it evolved and went crazy ha ha. I liked how Charmander was such an asset here plus it was good how Ash's group made it to Celadon. ^^

Leonhart

Imagineer
This was a good episode for comedy reasons. Mankey stealing Satoshi's cap worked well as a plot device, as well as a chance for the audience to find out the cap's origin and significance. Hitokage versus Okorizaru was a grand spectacle, although even now I question why Satoshi captured the berserk Okorizaru.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The story here was too corny for my taste. Mankey stealing Ash's hat and then conveniently evolving? Ugh, that's sort of been seen before. The only good thing about this episode was that Primeape chased Ash and friends all the way to Celadon.

Alloutℯ

Banned
When Ash got chased all the way to the next city, I wondered if the whole Primeape rampage crisis was written just for the sake of getting Ash to his next destination.

Leonhart

Imagineer
When Ash got chased all the way to the next city, I wondered if the whole Primeape rampage crisis was written just for the sake of getting Ash to his next destination.

Other than this episode serving as a way of giving Satoshi a replacement Pokemon for his recently released Butterfree, I definitely do think that the secondary effect of the Okorizaru subplot was to allow Satoshi's group to breeze through the route.

Manchee

extra toasty
I honestly didn't remember this episode at all, or Primeape for that matter, lol. Now that I've seen it again I am remembering the episodes where Ash and Primeape have more interactions with the hat stealing and such. What I really liked about this episode, though, was Charmander learning Rage (or showing that it knew the attack) because I think it's nice foreshadowing to its misbehavior to come. I never picked up on it as a kid.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I never considered Hitokage learning Rage as an indication of his future disobedience issues, although thinking about that now, it does make sense even as just a theory.

When Ash told us how he won his cap, I was blown away since I thought it was a normal cap. Primeape was a jerk though and I dunno why Ash even caught him.

Leonhart

Imagineer
When Ash told us how he won his cap, I was blown away since I thought it was a normal cap. Primeape was a jerk though and I dunno why Ash even caught him.

Okorizaru was likely meant as a quick replacement for Satoshi's Butterfree, so I feel as if that was the leading factor in why Satoshi captured him.

gentwoer

This episode sure makes me want to get a donut. Jelly filled are my favorite. Nothing beats a jelly filled donut!

After dealing with a capsized ship, giant pokemon, mischievous ghost, and a telekinetic with dis-associative identity disorder dealing with a Pokemon with anger issues seems almost quaint. Mankey sure was cute and I kind of wished it stayed that way especially since the anime seems to be against evolved Pokemon anyways.

It's funny because the premise of this episode itself was weak but all of that violence you won't see in a post-Kanto episode, the official Pokemon League (or Pockemon Leag) commercial, and 4kids obsession with telling you that riceballs were a donut make it a pretty amusing episode.