• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Princess VS Princess (052)

katfairy

Anyone who doesn't believe that teenage girls can turn into screaming ninnies when a teen idol shows up has obviously never seen any videos of the Jonas Brothers, New Kids On the Block, or any other crap pop group.

Actually, they've done it for good groups, too- watch the first appearance of the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. There's a reason this became a cliche- because it happens.

(I've been known to squee a bit myself at times.)

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
I love this epidode. Lickitung was so awesome. Too bad it hardly made any appearances. Good plot though.

Raikipper

BSB Lover
Why did Jessie lose? Certainly poverty is a more deserving reason than sibling rivalry. The disappointment only rose even more when Misty wanted to use those dolls to make her sisters jealous.

Yeah, I was always kind of sorry that Jessie lost this one too. It seemed to me that the actual ownership of the Pokemon dolls meant a lot less to Misty than it did spiting her sisters. I'm aware that Jessie does have a tendency to be quite melodramatic when she's seeking sympathy, but at least she actually wanted to own those dolls for ownership's sake. It was certainly nice of James and the TR pokemon to dress up like that in order to console her, which made for quite a sweet little ending.

I always liked Lickitung, so I agree that it was a shame that we saw so little of it. Heck, it would be so many episodes until we next saw it (the mention in the Farfetch'd episode notwithstanding) that there was a time when I wondered if Jessie had even kept it at all. Kind of interesting how, in its first episode, Licki is actually a pretty darn formidable pokemon, managing to take out Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Vulpix with total ease. From there on in, it was nothing but humiliating defeats and failures. The Team Rocket effect, I guess.

Last edited:

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper
Why did Jessie lose? Certainly poverty is a more deserving reason than sibling rivalry. The disappointment only rose even more when Misty wanted to use those dolls to make her sisters jealous.

Yeah, this episode always bugged me for that reason. I mean, Jessie's reason for wanting the dolls so badly were definitely more valid. Misty got hand-me-downs, sure, but poor Jessie didn't get anything at all. It wasn't fair. What exactly were we supposed to learn: "No matter what your reason, the good guy will always win, even if they don't deserve it"? Bah humbug.

katfairy

Yeah, this episode always bugged me for that reason. I mean, Jessie's reason for wanting the dolls so badly were definitely more valid. Misty got hand-me-downs, sure, but poor Jessie didn't get anything at all. It wasn't fair. What exactly were we supposed to learn: "No matter what your reason, the good guy will always win, even if they don't deserve it"? Bah humbug.

Well, it's not like Our Heroes knew that, or they might have backed out. They probably assumed (not without some justification) that TR was up to something.

As for Misty's attitude, having been in her position (youngest girl and kinda scrawny with impressive older sisters), I can definitely relate. It's not just that you almost never get anything new for yourself, it's also that what you do get is so beat up that it's useless. Of course she wanted something special that was just hers, and of course she wanted to rub her sisters' noses in it. At that age, being mature and adult about that sort of thing just ain't gonna happen.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I felt really sorry for Lickitung, it proved that it was a strong battler, and Jessie barely ever used it.

Icefiyre

Banned
This is a fun episode to watch. Misty takes total control of this episode and finally shows her true battling skills in real pokemon matches. Jessie also catches her very own Lickitung and uses it in the contest (doing something fairly for once).

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I honestly loved seeing this episode, since the girls could get their own kind of episode. I surely enjoyed ever second of this episode with Misty and Jessie.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
This episode was a nice one.
Jessie caught a Likitung and Misty won the contest.
Jessie caught it to give it to the boss. :p
And Ash and Brock in the beginning had to carry everything XD!
And a Female celebration that was great!
Likitung licking Jessie was also funny.
I would rate this episode 4/5 if I were a rater.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I'm surprised Misty didn't see Psyduck's appearance coming, it was really obvious that it was just going to appear if she chose another Pokemon.

But like in the Fuschia gym, Psyduck saved the day.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good tournament, i loved Lickitung.

Jessie was strong, but Misty won the tournament.

8/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Did anyone see Meowth flick off the Primape I thought it was Hilarious.

Hmm, I didn't see such a thing haha. Weird. This episode was pretty good, though I believe this episode aired out of order due to the whole Porygon episode fiasco. I liked that both Jessie and Misty got an episode all to themselves and that we learned more about Misty's past. Ash got too much attention in Kanto so this was a nice change of pace. I adored the fact that Jessie caught a Lickitung (though it rarely appeared in Kanto at all) and that Misty won a doll set of her very own. 7/10.

Last edited:

NES

Flip me to the side!
Possibly my favorite Misty based episode of the first season. I mean those dolls were horrible but the whole idea of a girl tournament was refreshing then, some stereotypes here and there but it was all good.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I feel that this was a spark for Game Freak to make Pokemon Contests in the games.I like the early concept for Pokemon contests.If you like contest episodes,be glad this might have sparked the idea.

10/10

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I used to have the episode on VHS and I thought it was great. The main thing I liked was the tournament though, I always like tournaments. It was also pretty funny and I think this was the episode that sparked my love for Lickitung and later Lickilicky. Great episode.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I know I posted in this thread and reviewed it, hm.

Anyways good episode, liked how Misty and Jessie just went through the ranks and they got to borrowed their friends Pokemon. I think Arbok and Weezing and Victreebel should have kept going. It was good for Jessie to catch Lickitung even if it doesn't get much screentime. Pity Jessie didn't win the contest but oh well aleast she did win some of the contests in Sinnoh, like five of them.