• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Princess VS Princess (052)

saar

Shiny Flygon
The battle between Jessie and Misty was too short and was focused too much on Lickitung, we have barely seen Arbok and Weezing doing something and it was strange that a quick thunderbolt finished them easily, but Psyduck was very strong, it is not easy to beat a Lickitung.

And I have been wondering why did the males have to do the dirty work and hold all the boxes? It's unfair...

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Misty looked really beautiful with her hair let out like that. I'm really glad she got some dolls of her own.

Kyukon_Mars

I wanted Jessie to win since she never had any dolls or something like that. I liked that she got some attention in this episode and showed some of her background. I wish they had more episodes focused on her. Misty looked nice with her hair down.

Sayho1234

I really love this episode as it focused primarily on the girls for a change, and it contained one of those rare moments in the series where we got to see how beautiful Misty looks with her hair down :).

Despite Misty's sob story I really felt that Jessie had the even more depressing sob story of the two, and I really wanted her to win the doll set in the end :(.

G50

No longer posting
This was a good episode. The battle between Jessie and Misty was great! The battle with Psyduck vs Likitung was very funny. Glad to see Misty win. I liked seeing the boys carry the girls stuff during the day.

40/100

Aquarelle

Staff member
Overall, I liked this episode. I liked seeing Jessie catch her Lickitung, and I found the part when Lickitung was wrapping its tongue around Psyduck funny because I thought it was going to eat it. xD

I always liked the Pokemon dolls that Misty won. They looked so pretty and I wished I could have gotten some. Plus, I loved how Team Rocket dressed up like dolls at the end of the episode.

And the pms sign at the beginning...how'd they let that get in there? o_O

TabiPianist

'Dis ma game face!!
This one was a riot!!!!!!!!!!! Yay misty!

Vipsoccermaster

A fine catch of Lickitung by Jessie, and using it in the final match against Misty. But Misty won in the end with Psyduck, and I'm glad she did.

Vernikova

Champion
I didn't like this episode. The battles were really quick and the last battle between Misty and Jessie wasn't very interesting. Still, it was nice that Misty got an episode to focus on her. I have more bad things to say about this episode but I'd rather not.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I liked this episode because it wasn't based solely on Ash. The concept of the episode was great, and there needs to be a Proncess day in real life! I also loved Misty's hair let down in this one, but it does confuse me where she gets all that hair lol. Same with her mermaid episodes. Her hair doesn't look long at all normally. I also didn't like how she used Ash and Brock's Pokémon. It was nice to see Jessie catching a new Pokémon and I lold at how Psyduck wasn't effected by it's lick. Typical of Psyduck to be the odd one out! The Pokédolls at the end were really cute too. The Team Rocket Pokédolls, however, were a little bit creepy, but it was a nice thing to do for Jessie. Got to feel sad for Team Rocket sometimes. :{

It was unfair how Misty acted towards Brock and Ash, letting them carry her stuff and pay for it all. Men and women should be equal, no exceptions, no Princess Days.

Misty shouldn't have borrowed Bulbasaur, Vulpix and Pikachu. She has enough Pokemon herselves: Staryu, Starmie, Togepi, Goldeen, Horsea and Psyduck (altough Togepi isn't a fighter, and Goldeen and Horsea need water).

Psyduck was awesome as always, winning and not getting hurt by attacks that defeat most other Pokemon.

Enjoyable episode, 10/10.

Antiyonder

Overlord
Misty shouldn't have borrowed Bulbasaur, Vulpix and Pikachu. She has enough Pokemon herselves: Staryu, Starmie, Togepi, Goldeen, Horsea and Psyduck (altough Togepi isn't a fighter, and Goldeen and Horsea need water).

She borrowed Pikachu, Vulpix and Bulbasaur for a more diverse options (type wise). As for Togepi, this takes place before "Who Gets to Keep Togepi?".

Last edited:
She borrow Pikachu, Vulpix and Bulbasaur for a more diverse options (type wise). As for Togepi, this takes place before "Who Gets to Keep Togepi?".

- This takes place after "Who Gets to Keep Togepi".
- I know Misty did it for type diversity. But still, I think she should've used her own Pokemon. She's a gym leader, and should be able to battle and win on her own.

Antiyonder

Overlord
- This takes place after "Who Gets to Keep Togepi".

Before actually. Yes it aired after WGtKT, but like Holiday Hi-Jinx and Snow Way Out it was held over from airing in it's original slot (Both episodes having Charmander, despite said Pokemon having evolved into Charizard at the time).

Infact, look at So Near, Yet So Farfetch'd. In the episode, Brock is still taking care of the yet to be hatched Togepi. In the same episode Jessie mentions her Lickitung, which she caught in PvP (we even see a total of three Pokeballs floating away from them).

In Japan's case, the episode was rescheduled after the incident with Electric Soldier Porygon. As for why it took longer to air in the US, the reason likely has to do with it containing a lot of Japanese text to translate.

Plus, ever since Togepi hatched, it would appear all the time whenever Misty was onscreen, and yet it was absent on this episode.

Last edited:

Sayho1234

Before actually. Yes it aired after WGtKT, but like Holiday Hi-Jinx and Snow Way Out it was held over from airing in it's original slot (Both episodes having Charmander, despite said Pokemon having evolved into Charizard at the time).

Infact, look at So Near, Yet So Farfetch'd. In the episode, Brock is still taking care of the yet to be hatched Togepi. In the same episode Jessie mentions her Lickitung, which she caught in PvP (we even see a total of three Pokeballs floating away from them).

In Japan's case, the episode was rescheduled after the incident with Electric Soldier Porygon. As for why it took longer to air in the US, the reason likely has to do with it containing a lot of Japanese text to translate.

Plus, ever since Togepi hatched, it would appear all the time whenever Misty was onscreen, and yet it was absent on this episode.

So given all of that where would you logically & chronologically place the episodes: "Princess vs. Princess", "Snow Way Out", & "Holiday Hi-Jynx"? It's always kinda bugged me for years seeing those episodes always incorrectly placed in the timeline whenever I had viewed Kanto episode guides on various Pokemon websites on the internet (including this one too as well).

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I wish Jessie could have won that... She was going so well and dumb Psyduck had to spoil her win... But the episode was funny like Jessie intimidating the commentator

SweetLumBerry

hes from teh Hawaii?
Announcer: "Who will be the victor?"

Jessie: "IM GONNA BE THE VICTOR WHAT KINDA STUPID QUESTION IS THAAAT"

Announcer: :O

*Later.

Announcer: "Jessie may have an advantage."

Jessie: "MAY HAVE???" >:-(

Announcer: "Err, Jessie does have an advantage" (sweat-Drop)

LUL

Blessed

I love this episode because it was focused on Misty. Enjoyed her enthusiastic shopping spree with Ash & Brock having to carry all her bags lol. Also nice to see how her hair looked down, and Ash surprised by how beautiful she was. I'm glad she won the doll set even though I felt sorry for Jessie.

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
They should have had the rules where Misty and Jessie could have used their own Pokemon. I felt they both got easy passes using Brock's, Ash's and James's.