• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Princess VS Princess (052)

silent_control

I think that Jessie would've have won if Wobbuffet had been created about 100 episodes earlier xD.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
The first appearence of the underused powerhouse, Lickitung. Why did this awesome pokemon have to be traded for the overused and unfunny Wobbuffet? Why damn you, WHYYYYYY!?!?!?!!

Venomfang

Perky Goth
I had amost forgot that Jessie did have Lickitung. It was the most underused Pokemon in the show, was it?

Only used in 19 episodes, poor thing..........

7threst

Well, I for one am satisfied with the results of this episode. I mean, while I had sympathy for Jessie, I had sympathy for Misty too. Lickitung was one of those Pokémon, like Primeape, that the writers decided not to give it the most potential. It only appeared 17 times in the rest of Kanto, the entire Orange League and the beginning of Johto. That says something for a Pokémon under possession by a main character.

Okay, let me get this straight. You needed more Pokemon to battle in the tournament? But, you didn't even use Starmie or Staryu? Oh Misty, how could you? I wanted to see them kick some butt. Well, Lickitung's tongue was interesting I can say. xD

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Okay, let me get this straight. You needed more Pokemon to battle in the tournament? But, you didn't even use Starmie or Staryu? Oh Misty, how could you? I wanted to see them kick some butt. Well, Lickitung's tongue was interesting I can say. xD

I thought she wanted a more balanced team so she could win? ...It's been forever since I've seen this episode but I always wanted to Jessie to win the tournament D8 But I disliked Misty with an eternal passion as a kid and Jessie was like my hero as a child...so yeah. D8 I thought what James and Meowth did for Jessie was sweet. :)

I thought she wanted a more balanced team so she could win? ...It's been forever since I've seen this episode but I always wanted to Jessie to win the tournament D8 But I disliked Misty with an eternal passion as a kid and Jessie was like my hero as a child...so yeah. D8 I thought what James and Meowth did for Jessie was sweet. :)

She did. But, Goldeen and Horsea couldn't battle on land. And I know she didn't think about Psyduck. So getting more Pokemon for the tournament was the only thing she could have done. While she did that, she then balanced her team out. I did like seeing Arbok as a doll. It looked like a samurai! :D

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
She did. But, Goldeen and Horsea couldn't battle on land. And I know she didn't think about Psyduck. So getting more Pokemon for the tournament was the only thing she could have done. While she did that, she then balanced her team out. I did like seeing Arbok as a doll. It looked like a samurai! :D

Exactly. I also don't know why people make such a big deal out of this one tournament since she could use only one of her pokemon along with Ash and Brock's. That's what upsets me about this episode. After this Misty did basically little up until Whirl which wasa long time.

ArmadaUGS

This episode is a great one for sure!
A lot of funny comments happens in this episode. When Ash say he never realized how shopping could be such a dangerous sport or when James ask what the difference is between this day and all the else (cause he imply the guys is doing everything for the girls anyway :p)

Also fun to see Misty getting a episode that focused a lot on her!

NPT

Just a member
Even though this episode was focused on Misty, I didn't like it at all. In fact, this episode is one of the my least favorite episodes from the Kanto saga. I didn't like how Misty was making Ash and Brock carry her shopping bags, she should've carried her bags herself instead of making their 'friends' carry them. It annoyed heck out of me when every girl in the shopping mall (with the exception of Jessie and Misty)started sqeaul loudly and ran over Ash, Brock, Pikachu, James and Meowth after they hearing that the winner of the Princess festival will have her picture taken with some idol named Fiorello Cappuchino. ugh! What's
up with that? Every time the idol appeared, they started the madness again! Thankfully Misty didn't start to sqeal louldy like the others.
Despite Misty's past story, I wanted Jessie to win. Because the reason she wanted to win the dolls were more interesting than Misty's silly reason. Misty only wanted the doll for making her sisters jealous.....blah, what a good reason!

Also, Misty should've won the contest using her own Pokémon instead of borrowing Ash's Pokémon. It's nice of Ash to let her borrow his Pokémon(even though she made him carry her shopping bags).
Jessie got a new Pokémon, Lickytung.....But still, this episode was not good at all in my opinion. "The Misty Mermaid" is a much better Misty-focused episode compared to this.

It totally looked like Meowth was giving Primeape the finger in one scene.
Even though I'm not a Misty fan, she does look pretty good with her hair down, I got to admit.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Looking back, I wish Misty had used her own Pokemon for the tournament instead of borrowing Pokemon from Ash and Brock. Aside from that, I was actually rooting for Jessie when she was losing. I just felt bad for her and I wanted to see her win something for a change. Anyway, the ending of this episode was bittersweet.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow the princess day festival seemed cool and I liked how passionate Misty got over the pokemon doll set ha ha. Jessie catching Lickitung was a surprise, but I was just glad that she got a new pokemon.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
This is one of my favorite episodes of Pokemon.I loved the contest between Jessie and Misty.I loved to see Jessie catching that Lickytung.The only thing that I didn't like was Misty winning the whole thing. :/

Gillachu

Banned
Misty wanting her own doll set to spite her sisters was selfish and she acted like a stuck up princess here, so I think Jessie deserved them instead...

JudySpell

Banned
So this was where Jessie captured Lickitung. I felt bad for Ash & Brock ending up as Misty's pack mules but I liked watching her battle. 7.5/10