• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Princess VS Princess (052)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Princess VS Princess!

It Is the Princess Festival and Misty & Jessie are going all out for it. After hours shopping, they both decide to enter the Princess Festival Battle Tournement. Can they get far in it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

W

Waterstar Misty

This is one my favorite episodes. This entire show was funny, Misty making Ash, Brock, and Pikachu carry her stuff, and Jessie making James and Meowth carry her things was funny,I was surprised that Jessie caught a Lickitung, the competition between Misty and Jessie was really cool. Misty wanting to use her friends Pokemon was cute, pikachu just went to her, and after misty told her friends why she wanted the princess dolls and maybe from hitting Ash in the head, they let her use their pokemon.

A

Andrew

This wins my Favourite 1st Series episode title for me.

We've got Lickitung, humor, Vulpix and Bulba and Pika on team Misty, not to mention Jessie almost wins.

Its a fantastic episode, and they should have the Princess Festival again. I'd like to see how May would fare.

K

Kyuubi-Kun

I really liked the ending with all the dolls of Jessie & James, their Pokémon, and Meowth.

M

Mistystar89

I love this episode! It's one of my all-time favorites! They really should do this festival again. Imagine the competition...

Thriller

Its almost time
This episode is famous for airing WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY out of order. After 10 episodes of Togepi Hatching, it was no where to be found, Lickitung was caught, and never showed its face again until "Pikachu Revolts" though it was talked about in "So Near, So Farfetched." Also it was silly when misty was playing with the toys.

M

meggirl63

That episode was really cool! Imagine, Jesse and Misty going face-to-face in competition! Oh, I SENSE A CAT FIGHT!!!!! Just kidding! The shopping did sound like fun. Remember when the narrator said that if a person was a girl, she gets discounts; however, if a person was a guy he had to pay full price! I thought 'that's unfair!', so I would be a good friend and pay for meals for myself and the guys that come with me to a festival.

Trillian

The hoopy frood
An inside joke?

I'd forgotten just how much I loved this episode. It's funny, it has lickitung (I miss it so much!) and it has a pokémon competition. I still think Jessie should have won, it's better to have broken hand-me-downs than to have no dolls at all.

While I was watching it, when Jessie was talking about how much she loved Princess Day at the beginning, there was a sign on top of a building saying 'PMS'. Do you think it's an inside joke they decided to put in?

Last edited:

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
This episode was....ok. It's all about girl power (apologies for being sexist but it's irritating), and the tournament itself was too predictable, an handicap person could have worked the ending here to this episode.

Shame we didn't to see more of Lickitung, it was most definately under-used, rarely appeared if not never in the Orange Islands, and then was swapped immediatley into Johto.

Misty sending the presents to her sisters to p*ss them off was quite funny, well sort of.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
I liked this episode because it was so obviously Japanese - the Princess Day festivities, the dolls, all of it. Of course, 4Kids' perverse desire to eradicate all signs of Japanese culture from the show resulted in it being pushed back a few weeks, making it the Season 2 premiere, but still, that didn't affect the plot much - although it still bugged me that Ash and the others were walking around a city full of blank signs.

Lickitung has to be the least used Pokémon of any character in the show's history. Heck, Misty's Horsea got more exposure than this thing. I think the Japanese writers sort of wrote themselves into a corner with this one. You notice that, aside from Arbok and Weezing, most of Jessie and James' Pokémon have some kind of quirk; Victreebel going after James' head, Wobbuffet popping up at random, Cacnea giving out hugs, Seviper pulling on Jessie's hair, and Chimecho wrapping around James to be cute. Lickitung was just there - he didn't do anything really unique and basically just served as a battle tool. That's probably why they replaced him as soon as they got the opportunity, especially with a Pokémon that had so much of a running gag potential (I'm not saying that Wobbuffet's running gag is good, mind you). Come to think of it, this theory probably also explains why Jessie hardly ever uses Dustox - it was unique as a Wurmple because she had one at the same time May did (which offered the obvious "switch-up" episode plot), but then it just became a fighter and not much else.

Wow, that went further off-topic as I went on, it seems.

V

vulpix

this is my all time favorite episode cause it's mainly all about misty!

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
NNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG. I need to actually see this ep in its entirety. FIORELLO! HOLYCRAP FIORELLO HOT. *loses all speech ability* ...Oos want Fio. Fio is love. FIO LOVE PLZ. Rrrrghhhh. *chews on her compy desk*

Heracross

Custom User Title
Hmm, though it's obvious that there were a bazillion paint edits in this episode, it's somewhat interesting to note that when the brackets are shown for the first time, only the names are written down in the original, as opposed to pictures of the contestants. After that, however, the bracket goes to the pictures in the original as well.

Also worthy of note is that although the redone version of Shakunetsu no Battlefield is replaced in the dub with the original version of the piece, the pause in the music when Pikachu gets licked was kept, though it lasted slightly longer in the dub. However, in the original version, while the same piece played all the way up to Rokon's defeat, in the dub it ended right after Pikachu was KOed.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Ugh, Lickitung. I really DO NOT like Lickitung, it's really annoying. I'm glad we don't see it again for a long while after this. At least it kicked butt against Misty and her borrowed pokemon, but that's the only really good thing I can say about it.

I do feel for Jessie in this episode, especially at the end when she's heartbroken over not getting the dolls. She's also great when she blows up at the announcer for what he's saying. This is one episode where we can really see her battling well, too. :) I still think James has proved to be the better pokemon battler, but at least Jessie really holds her own in this episode.

T

Tifa

Andrew said:
This wins my Favourite 1st Series episode title for me.

We've got Lickitung, humor, Vulpix and Bulba and Pika on team Misty, not to mention Jessie almost wins.

Its a fantastic episode, and they should have the Princess Festival again. I'd like to see how May would fare.

May would probaly be alot worse than Misty Lol,

ONTOPIC
I enjoyed this episode, i watched it the other day, but it was apperence of licketung *ignore my spelling , who i dislike :(

SugarFairy

I love Dara <3
This epy was one of my faviortes ^_^ And I thought the pokedolls were just so kawaii!!! ^_^

JONNO.FRESH

The epi that Jesse Caught Likatung. It was funny how Psyduck won it for Misty. 6/10