• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Printer problem

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Hi, everyone. Here's my problem with my printer: I've been trying to print a photo for awhile, and what's happening is, the photo is printed with a strong, highly noticing shade of blue/blue-ish purple, rendering it unrecognizable. I've already wasted 5 photo paper sheets because of it and I don't know what to do.

My printer is an HP PSC 1500, and my OS is Windows XP SP3.

Here's a pic displaying the ink levels of my printer for reference.

7736ad78f0e64726929416812a9cb156.JPG

BCVM22

Cursory guess? Replace your color ink cartridge. It works in concert with the photo ink cartridge to provide a greater range of ink colors, and does a fair chunk of the work because the color ink cartridge provides the yellow. If the color cartridge is low or depleted, your photos are going to come out washed out even with your photo ink cartridge installed.

And until you get it fixed, test print on normal paper. Don't know why you'd keep wasting photo paper.

pwnswitchclik

Alakazaminator
Cursory guess? Replace your color ink cartridge. It works in concert with the photo ink cartridge to provide a greater range of ink colors, and does a fair chunk of the work because the color ink cartridge provides the yellow. If the color cartridge is low or depleted, your photos are going to come out washed out even with your photo ink cartridge installed.

And until you get it fixed, test print on normal paper. Don't know why you'd keep wasting photo paper.

Well call me noob, because I actually didn't know that photo cartridge was dependent on the color ink cartridge, I thought the former would do all the work. When you say "a fair chunk of the work", how big is that "chunk", to be precise?

As for the waste of photo paper, I did that because I originally assumed that the problem I'm having was because of the lack of usage of the printer over the past six months, so I kept insisting to see if it would work, which clearly did not.

BCVM22

Well call me noob, because I actually didn't know that photo cartridge was dependent on the color ink cartridge, I thought the former would do all the work. When you say "a fair chunk of the work", how big is that "chunk", to be precise?

I don't have an actual percentage for you. As much of a chunk as whatever photo you're printing has colors that require the yellow ink in any amount to generate other shades?

Just take my word for it - replace the color cartridge and you should be fine.

Last edited: