• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

priority (not speed/priority moves) help

Status
Not open for further replies.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
I have a question. I have a pokemon with cut. Cut is a move that has base power of 50 and technician the ability boosts it by 1.5 and then its base power is 75 but this pokemon is normal type so it already has a stab boost of 1.5 this means technician power up won't occur right? So I want to ask if you have a move and it is has a base power of sixty or lower and its the same type of move as the pokemon does the stab boost or the technician boost occur firs basically does the ability happen before the stab boost?

hOuOugIa

DON'T STEAL MAH HG!
No, both STAB and Technician will be factored in and it wouldn't matter which occur first since both is 1.5x
For example, Cut on Ambippom w/ Technician:
50 x 1.5 x 1.5 = 112.5 base power

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
The boost from Technician comes before STAB, so as long as its >60.

Tiomasta

Not amused
There's a page on the main site that says it. It's Tech, then STAB(BTW, weakness/resistance is after STAB).

And what do you mean? I don't think there is any other ability that raises a move's power like Tech.

Last edited:

lucarioman64

This probably isn't the place to ask this but now that I read this I wonder...if cuts gets 112.5 with stab and technician on ambipom...why isn't it used competitive?

ijea4444

IIRC, Double Hit if both shots hit, has a higher base power than Return. Most people still chose Return because Subs aren't as common and because they don't want to risk one of the hits missing.

Tiomasta

Not amused
IIRC, Double Hit if both shots hit, has a higher base power than Return. Most people still chose Return because Subs aren't as common and because they don't want to risk one of the hits missing.

35 per hit(10% of each missing...)
+ Tech = 52
+ STAB = 78
78 x 2 = 156

It's 3 points stronger. Return is still better, ignoring Subs.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
hey for bug bite after the technician boost does it get a 45 increase from stab or a 30 increase from stab?

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
hey for bug bite after the technician boost does it get a 45 increase from stab or a 30 increase from stab?

Status
Not open for further replies.