• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Prison Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
xfD7N.png

From the start of the 6th generation of competitive Pokemon, there have been many, many changes to the OU metagame due to bans. People may not agree with these bans and maybe have found them to be unneeded. Others may have seen these bans as completely necessary. These metagame changes put us through one heck of a roller coaster ride as we constantly adjusted to new bans/unbans.
As such, I reintroduce to you a little Prison Break. Now is the time to break out some of those old perfected teams that you made and get them ready for one unique tourney.

Rules
-Standard 6v6 OU Smogon Rules (With certain exceptions)
-Single Elimination
-Matches will be Best of 3. Not 5, not 1, 3.
-All SPPf rules apply, along with SPPf Tourney Rules
-Breaking of said rules will result in a disqualification from the tournament
-This tournament is Simulator Exclusive. WiFi is not allowed.

Special Rules

-Each round will have 3-4 of the following Pokemon released from "prison"

Pokemon
- Blaziken
- Mega Kangaskahn
- Mega Gengar
- Mega Lucario
- Genesect
- Shaymin-Sky
- Deoxys-S
- Deoxys-D
- Aegislash

Moves
- Baton pass
- Swagger

-Players may only use one of the ‘freed’ Pokemon on a given team.
-The Finalists will be able to choose which Pokemon to release from their prison to use against each other.

Signing Up

Signing up is simple. Just fill out the following form. I copy & paste things, so just do me a favor and fill it out properly.

HTML:
Serebii Username:
Timezone:

Participants
Eliteknight
Minedreigon
Saph~
Apollo77
Sparkbeat
The Imposter
King Infernape the III
xDIRCIOx
D-BRAY
ger9119
Cloneblazer12
MMS
Skullbash
Moonclawz
Rising Star
epicdrill

Finals

Pokemon
- Blaziken
- Mega Kangaskahn
- Mega Gengar
- Mega Lucario
- Genesect
- Shaymin-Sky
- Deoxys-S
- Deoxys-D
- Aegislash

Moves
- Baton pass
- Swagger

Prisonbreak3.png

Deadline
Finals: August 31st @ 10pm gmt-7

Credits:
Anakbae for the main banner
Kingothestone for the tournament write up

Last edited:

Saph~

Serebii Champion x.x
Serebii Username: Saph~
Timezone: GMT -5

in it to swagplay.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
Username: xDIRCIOx
Timezone: Pacific-8

yay aegislash

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Awesome Tourney idea! in light of certain recent bans

Just to confirm, the tourney will be throughout this upcoming week? Thanks for answering! (not sure when it started, so I thought I'd ask before signing up)

Sign ups will end either in one week from today or when we get 24 participants, whichever comes first. Then, each round will last one week. You have that entire week to schedule a time with your opponent and battle them in a Best of Three series. After that's done, you just post in this thread whether you won or lost, and if you win, you continue on to the next round. So all in all, if you win each round, the tournament could last about six weeks, give or take one or two since I'm not sure how many rounds 24 people makes, so if it is six weeks, you'd be doing six best of three series, one each week.

Serebii Username: Cloneblazer12
Timezone: -4

EDIT: I just realized Ill finally get a chance to use Blaziken :')

Last edited:

Snorby

Snorby
Serebii Username: MMS

Don't understand why something that is banned from Ubers (Swagger) and something that is about to be banned from Ubers (M-Gar) are there, but hey, not my tour.

Rising Star

Certified Boss
Serebii Username: Rising Star

Will be GMT +8 for the next 4 days cause im still in taiwan

Status
Not open for further replies.