• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Private Emotions (contestshipping)

lara lynx

Mostly *rolleyes*. The teachers must think I have nothing better to do than homework....which I should actually be doing now -_-;;

M

MayXDrew

Me like! Me like! When's the next chapter? Soon I hope. No rush though.

White Pony

Legendary Trainer
Coolness! Keep going and you will make the Dark Lugia happy. ;249-d;

Loves,
White Pony ;077;

This is such a good fic- I'm a sucker for Contestshipping- get over it. Lol. Anyways, keep up the good work- I'm sure this will turn out to be an excellent finished product!

Stephy

candies!!!11
I remember I read this story before...somewhere...oh well, great story!

lara lynx

Wow, is this still alive?
Well if theres anyone out there who hasn't quite given up on me, then you'll be glad to know the next chapter is going really well. I read back over my other chapters, and to be honest they suck! I'm hoping this next chapter will be a lot better, and its already about 3x as long as the others XD
Hopefully it'll be posted before I have to go back to school, and hopefully somebody will still care enough to read it XD

Xiang

Yay! Thank you so much to the person who revived this place... T_T I just adored this fic... either way, take your time. :D

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
I still care! Yesh! I-after months and months of lahke, not talkin' to you, I'M STILL DYING TO SEE THE NEXT CHAPPIE XD Actually, I really only check on you're webbie now, but the background is -er- slightly blinding, so I'll check here instead.

But it should be interesting to see how Drew reacts to being May. And how May reacts to being Drew. Probably Drew'll say something like, Don't screw up! XD Wonder if Roselia and Beautifly/other pokemon will be able to tell it's not their trainers...

Xiang

Kisa said:
OMG! I never watched Freaky Friday, but now I know what it was about! What's gonna happen next!! *jumps on chair and stubbs toe* *ow*
*cries* This is my review from July... your chapters deserved more than that T_T

Why would I ignore you? :p

Stephy

candies!!!11
You are...NOT ignored. Though...I already read it on your website, now I remember why I felt like I read this story before...silly me

lara lynx

I dunno, I just thought that after this place had been basically deserted you lot wouldn't bother coming back. Show's how wrong I was XD

Well I stick to my word, chapter 6

6: A Mile in Their Shoes

May walked through the town looking anxiously in all directions, when she stopped dead in her tracts and stared straight across the street. There, walking along as if nothing had changed was her brother, Ash and Brock.

‘What about…’ May gasped as she spotted herself, tagging along behind as if she didn’t belong there.

May didn’t know what she’d been expecting, but it wasn’t to see her own face across the street. Still stunned, May started towards the group.

Drew was the first to see her. He breathed out in relief: his body still existed and was still alive. But he was in May’s body. So that must mean May’s in Drew’s right?

Realizing what was likely to happen, Drew tried to signal to her to go into the next shop, where he could then meet her. He didn’t want her seen by the rest of the group, but it was too late.

‘Look who it is,’ said Ash darkly.

May started jogging faster, her eyes fixed on Drew.

Drew gritted his teeth and charged out in front to meet her.

‘What are you doing?’

May saw his eyes flash and heard the attitude in his voice, a hint that Drew really was in her body.

‘Drew, I need to talk to you.’

Freezing, Drew glanced over his shoulder to where the others were giving them funny looks. He knew that it probably seemed a little weird that May, the person they thought was Drew, had just called the person they thought was May “Drew”.

‘Not here,’ he muttered back to her under his breath, and placing his hands on her shoulders started steering her backwards and away from the group.

‘Hey May, where are you going?’ Ash cried. Drew had to act quickly as he saw May opened her mouth to respond.

Giving the others an innocent smile he replied sweetly, ‘Oh don’t worry, I’ll catch up with you guys later, k?’ And without waiting for them to answer, he continued to shove May into a nearby shop.

Ash, Brock and Max all stood there dumbstruck. ‘What was that all about?’ Max asked the question they were all thinking.

Inside the shop, Drew glared at May, making May’s sapphire glow fiercely. ‘What were you trying to do? Make all your little friends think I was crazy? May blinked back, bewildered. Drew sighed.

‘Look, for now you are Drew, I am May. Got it?’

‘But I’m May…aren’t I?’

‘Yes, but think of what people would say if you told them that. You look like me, so they think you are me.’ Drew looked at May expectantly. Finally she nodded.

‘But how are we supposed to get back in our own bodies?’ She asked.

Drew nibbled the bottom of his lip thoughtfully. ‘I haven’t got that far yet.’

‘You don’t know do you?’ May grinned at Drew’s bafflement. He scowled at her.

‘Look, we’ll find a way, somehow,’ he said. ‘But until we do I guess…we’ll just have to pretend we’re each other...’

May’s eyes widened. ‘You mean I have to pretend I’m you? But what about the contest?’

‘Well if you do a good job of being me, then I might let you have the ribbon I win as you,’ Drew gave her a cocky grin. May didn’t like the way it looked on her own face. But before she could retaliate, Drew carried on. ‘Well I’d love to stay and chat, but I gotta go find your friends,’ and with that he turned to go.

‘Wait Drew, don’t you think you should tell me some things about yourself? I mean, if I have to be you, I should at least know something about you, don’t you think?’

Drew just shrugged, ‘That’s for me to know and for you to find out. Just don’t make

me look stupid.’

---------------------

After parting from Drew, May walked back through the town, trying to get her head around what had happened. How could it be possible that she and Drew had swapped bodies? It just wasn’t possible. There must be some logical explanation. I’m dreaming, she thought. That’s it; this is all just a crazy dream.

Sighing, she looked up to see a shop that had caught her eye the other day. It was one of those shops that sold any and all feminine things from oils and creams to make up and accessories. When she’d seen it last time she’d tried to go in, but she was pulled back by her male companions (with the exception of Brock who’d tried to follow a pretty young woman inside). She argued, and she lost, Ash’s exact words being “stupid, pathetic, gross and pink”.

‘Well at least Drew had no one to hold him back from doing what he wants.’

She put her hand into Drew’s pockets and felt something she hadn’t noticed before. Pulling it out she found it was a wallet. Curiosity getting the better of her, she opened it and her eyes widened. ‘Wow,’ she breathed. She looked at Drew’s nails. ‘He could use a manicure…’

----------------------

Meanwhile, the others had all returned to the Pokemon Center. As they entered their room, Drew wrinkled his nose in disgust. Before he’d been more preoccupied by the fact that he’d turned into May to care for the rooms’ décor, but now as he paid more attention he remembered why it was that he never stayed in Pokemon Centers. He took a seat on one of the beds, shifting uncomfortably as the springs creaked.

His mind reeled with thoughts of what had happened since he’d woken up that morning. Either he was still asleep or something was very screwed up.

‘Hey, May,’ the voice of the older guy disturbed Drew’s already disturbed thoughts, and he looked up. ‘Do you still have those apples I gave you to look after,’ he gave a wry smile, ‘or did you eat them all?’

Drew sat there for a moment wondering what the right answer was. ‘I err…dunno.’

‘Didn’t you put them in your fanny pack?’ Ash suggested helpfully. Drew glanced down at the yellow pack around his waist. He wasn’t so sure about going through May’s stuff – he was big on privacy. He felt uneasy about looking through what didn’t belong to him. It’s just May’s stuff, he told himself, and took a look inside.

His jaw dropped when he saw all the stuff inside. It looked as though she kept her whole bedroom and more in it! He half expected to find her kitchen sink in all the clutter. How does it all fit?

‘May? Are they there?’

Drew quickly recovered and searched the pack, and sure enough he found the apples and handed them to Brock, then he went back to exploring May’s belongings, which only a few moments before he’d been so uncertain about trespassing in. While he was travelling he only carried essentials, although in all May’s junk he couldn’t see anything that he would call essential.

As he rummaged about, Drew suddenly saw a picture frame and brought it out of the bag, discovering that inside, pressed against the glass to keep it preserved was a rose. He recognized the rose: it was a rose from his own roselia, he had given it to her a while back. ‘She kept it…’ He whispered to himself, a small smile tugging at his lips.

While he was absorbed in admiring the red flower, he didn’t notice Max come up behind him. ‘Hey, is that from that Drew guy again?’

‘What’s with that guy always giving you roses?’ Said Ash with a mouth full of apple.

‘I’m sure he has his reasons,’ Drew replied defensively, catching a knowing look from Brock.

Ash just shrugged and went back to his apple, so Drew sighed and put the rose back. As he did, he noted a few little bottles, and pulled them out for a better look.

Ash saw him and frowned; ‘May don’t say you’re gonna mess around with all that girly stuff again.’ Drew glanced up and saw from their faces that they clearly expected him to start using the stuff. If he wanted to do a good job of convincing them he was really May, then he had to do the same things May would usually do. Back at school, Drew had been praised in his drama lessons as a good actor. He wasn’t just about to let his reputation down.

-------------------------

Two women happily shuffled through the stores contents of smellies, occasionally picking up perfumes and incense to try the sweet aromas, when out of no where sprung an eager green haired boy. He promptly set himself to smelling everything he could reach, while the two women tried their best to pretend he didn’t exist. However they soon left after he pushed past them to try samples of aromatherapy oils, shooting him looks of annoyance as they went.

May stopped what she was doing and looked over her shoulder, wondering why those other girls were leaving so soon. Shrugging, she went to try on hand creams.

Many young girls glared in her direction; boys didn’t belong in such shops as this. May had attracted a lot of attention, and feeling a tap on her shoulder she turned to see a woman, obviously someone who worked there, staring down at her reproachfully. ‘Excuse me young man, but what do you think your doing?’

May threw up her head indignantly to being called young man, and opened her mouth to reply, when she caught her reflection in a mirror just off to the side. She had the attention span of a magicarp, and with all the excitement of finally being on her own she’d forgotten about her current situation.

‘I was just… looking for a birthday present for my mom,’ May smiled up at her innocently, seeing in the mirror just how charming it made Drew look. The lady frowned at her suspiciously.

May didn’t notice this however, as she’d been paying more attention to the back of the shop, where people were having face masks done, and without another look at the woman she went to inspect it. The woman just stood there perplexed. ‘A boy who likes face masks?’

------------------------

May wasn’t the only one getting a face mask, however she was the only one who knew what they were doing. After making a mess of putting the green gunk on his face, and in his hair and just about everywhere else, Drew was making a mess of getting it off as well. He found that it really did pay off to read the instructions first.

‘It won’t come off!’

‘I think you left it on too long May.’

‘It hurts!’

‘Just pull it quickly like a plaster.’

‘Come here, I’ll do it.’

‘No, no, no!’

There came a loud ripping sound, then a pause.

‘OUCH!’

After a few moments struggle in which Brock and Max had to keep Drew from attacking Ash, Drew finally calmed down. He slouched in his seat, with a now smooth but slightly red and sore face.

‘So are you planning on messing around with any more of your cosmetics, May?’ Ash mocked.

Glowering at Ash, Drew reached in to the fanny pack, determined to make a better job of whatever was next.

He felt something and pulled it out. He shut his eyes and cursed when he saw it closer.

A razor.

xsweet_peax

+kiss of an angel+
LOL! That was hilarious. I loved how Drew is having a beauty treatment.

Anyway, this was great. I hope you update the next chapter soon because this chapter is slightly short.

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
You're tense was a little mixed up in the beginning, as it should be 'He grit his teeth' not 'He gritted his teeth' but other then that it was okay.

There wasn't much description, perhaps describe the cosmetic's shop? And, I didn't really get what was going on with Ash, Max, and Brock, but it was still a nice comeback after months of no updates. ^_^ Keep it up, and work on description and all that annoying crap.

xD I love it. It looks like they're gonna have a lot of touble. Mostly Shuu. xD
Can't wait for the next chapter. =)

Stephy

candies!!!11
Back at school, Drew had been praised in his drama lessons as a good actor. He wasn’t just about to let his reputation down.

XD Love the chapter. Drew with Face Masks and May with Drew's wallet...wonder how must $ is in it.

S

skeletonswithoutlove

I really liked this chapter =D I can't wait to see how they get out of each others bodies.

aad792a1d696c7e2d78ec67f953b84.gif

D

drew/shuu luver

omg that's your first one?? ...u should really consider becoming an author :)